[0.22] Kerbal Economy 1.1.1

cybutek

Looks like an awesome mod, sadly it does not work for me (0.22).

All I get when I click on the "Kerbal Economy" button is this:

Hg406Yh.png

When I click on Ledger the craft name input field on the top of the screen disappears, too.

When I click on the Kerbal Economy Ledger button on the space center screen nothing happens.

List of mods I've got installed:

• Kerbal Economy
  • Tree Loader
  • UbioZur Welding Ltd.

Edit: Just tried it again with no mods installed (well, if you don't count modulemanager) and got the same result, trying a clean install of KSP now.

Edit2: It seems like ModuleManager is the culprit :/

Edited by MaliciousMuffin

Excellent mod!

I actually like your approach - Since your space agency is the sole source for space-data on Kerbin, you can either use it to advance on the science tree, or "sell" it to other sources on Kerbin - basically converting science to cash, but not the other way around (you produce the science, use it to either advance you tech, or fund you space program).

I have a few suggestion for to expand the mod - As first stage I would suggest you create a way to take loans (which will carry interest, will will have to be returned in a pre-determined schedule), so players can fund their program, even when they are low on science - they will of course have to repay the loan at the expense of future generated science.

Future options can be selling stock (IPO) - you get money, but have to give a % of generated science as dividend and/or complete missions (from the mission control) for the other share holders.

This doesn't seem to work. No new folders are being created, and clicking the icons/ledger buttons in game yields nothing.

Is it installed properly into GameData is the first question. Other than that, is it possible to get a copy of your log file?

What has just crossed my mind is the fact that Kerbal Economy does make use run-once startup, which I knew was bugged in 0.21... Perhaps they still haven't fixed it? :(

You need this code to make it not mess up when others use the same startup (yes its annoying they did not fix this yet)

Just change the bits to match what you have.. This is what MissionController uses.

/// <summary>
/// KSPAddon with equality checking using an additional type parameter. Fixes the issue where AddonLoader prevents multiple start-once addons with the same start scene.
/// </summary>
public class KSPAddonFixed : KSPAddon, IEquatable<KSPAddonFixed>
{
private readonly Type type;

public KSPAddonFixed(KSPAddon.Startup startup, bool once, Type type)
: base(startup, once)
{
this.type = type;
}

public override bool Equals(object obj)
{
if (obj.GetType() != this.GetType()) { return false; }
return Equals((KSPAddonFixed)obj);
}

public bool Equals(KSPAddonFixed other)
{
if (this.once != other.once) { return false; }
if (this.startup != other.startup) { return false; }
if (this.type != other.type) { return false; }
return true;
}

public override int GetHashCode()
{
return this.startup.GetHashCode() ^ this.once.GetHashCode() ^ this.type.GetHashCode();
}
}

By the way.. Thanks for figuring out the Science Points.. I was having a hell of a time finding it.. ;)

By the way.. Thanks for figuring out the Science Points.. I was having a hell of a time finding it.. ;)

Thanks for the code, but in my case it didn't require such extreme measures. As for the science points, that was a bummer to get working. I had to come up with an elaborate solution as the changes would never stick between scenes.

I agree that science in sandbox with this mod could be fun. Science has no other use than buying R&D parts in stock, so it made sense for squad to just disable it.

If I do see about putting in an option in to unlock it, it will of course be an option. More than likely just a switch in the settings file to begin with. Options keep everyone happy! :D

Love the mod! one little problem though. While in the VAB the Kerbal Economy button is placed over the New/Save/Load Buttons.

By looking at your images it looks fine. Is it maybe because I have a smaller screen? In my VAB there's no space between the name, flag, and new, it's all clustered together.

I feel like this is a noobish question, but I hadn't had a problem with that before. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for the great mod!

Love the mod! one little problem though. While in the VAB the Kerbal Economy button is placed over the New/Save/Load Buttons.

By looking at your images it looks fine. Is it maybe because I have a smaller screen? In my VAB there's no space between the name, flag, and new, it's all clustered together.

I feel like this is a noobish question, but I hadn't had a problem with that before. Is there a way to fix this? Thanks for the great mod!

Hmm... The mod in its current state is really suited to resolutions with a width of 1280 or more. Thank you for pointing the problem out, I will sort out a fix for lower resolutions. :)

Version 1.1.1 is now available!

Just a quick update that is not essential unless you play the game at lower resolutions. This update moves the button in the editor to a more suitable location if running a resolution with a width lower than 1280 pixels.

Cybutek, have you had a look at the Mission Controller mod/plugin? It would have been nice to see the science integration with that project, now there are 2 mods for economy working in quasi parallel. They developed a modable costs file and also have some interesting recovery mechanics implemented.

This is still cool, but no missions :(

Hi Cybutek,

if we get to the stage where the parts are restricted based on the funds you've got.

Would be worth adding in a "Kerbal government funding" based on how old the save file is?

e.g.

you get 25,000 initially from the kerbal government for starting the "agency".

there after you get say 1,000 per day from the kerbal government in ongoing funding.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.