What will YOU do first! o-O

HafCoJoe

That's truth. I still have over an hour to go...:( Still, glad that it is released!

Don't get disheartened. I've been looking at 30-60 minutes for about 15 minutes now and it's halfway done. Chrome is being funny with the timewarp buttons.

That's truth. I still have over an hour to go...:( Still, glad that it is released!

Almost 2 hours in my case ... thinking about going to bed ... when I awake again the update will probably have been downloaded since 2 hours, giving me the remainder of the early morning to do SCIENCE!!!

Well I've already done some stuff off my list, and except for the mun probe made sure to retrieve them all to rack up science :D

- Launch a rocket

- Launch a rocket to space

- Launch a rocket to orbit

- Fly by Mun

- Orbit Mun

- "Land" on the Mun

I absolutely love the science feature. Due to the limited parts available I've had to think a lot more, especially the lack of any power generators except the engine makes transmitting data a risky business :D

I updated in 5 minutes after it was out, so I strapped a kerbal Icantrememberhisname to a booster, and did science!

Order of list:

-SRB

-Suborbital flight

-Orbital

-Munar Flyby :D

-Failed Munar landing (not enough electricity to transmit back, not enough fuel to return)

-Sucessful Minmus landing and return

-Failed Munar landing again

-MUNAR LANDING

-Solar orbit.

Edited by The Destroyer

I checked to see if the new SAS in version 0.22 responds to the rover steering control keys as heading-changing input now.... it does!

I also checked to see if having the rover keys remapped to i,k,j,l would then cause a problem when using RCS in flight (i.e., would pressing j or l to translate using RCS also unlock your SAS heading because those happen to also be the rover steering keys)... there is no problem! When the ship is not on the ground, the rover steering keys are ignored as heading-change-input.

Kudos to C7.

I decided to start by testing my theory (for SCIENCE!, of course) that you can get enough science to unlock Basic Rocketry and Survivability without ever leaving the launchpad area. You can. First real mission was land-and-return on Minmus. I haven't had much in the way of parts-related issues since then.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.