The Grand 0.22 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

When you try to make a new report the game says 'overwrite'

So how the pod store those reports? Only different ones or only the last one? The 'review report' can only show one, but the final result seems contains overwritten reports.

I hope there are someway to check all reports and samples you have...of course a computer! Limited storage size & analysis progress is possible to add

Meet my landing-gear less medium range exploration plane that flew to the desert across the ocean strait "behind" the Continent the KSC is on:

xGAScXe.png

Depleting only the drop tank it was carrying underneath.

TPeP5GT.png

Why no landing gears you might ask? Well. I unlocked plane parts before the landing gear.

When you try to make a new report the game says 'overwrite'

So how the pod store those reports? Only different ones or only the last one? The 'review report' can only show one, but the final result seems contains overwritten reports.

I hope there are someway to check all reports and samples you have...of course a computer! Limited storage size & analysis progress is possible to add

This can be made more intuitive, I think. Seems like the capsule can only store one crew report from the entire crew, but if you enter the capsule with an EVA report or a sample stored, they are saved and brought back no matter how many times you do it.

I don't like the way transmitting data is handled, I understand that if you're trying to transmit data through a soil sample the reward would be degraded, but I don't know why telemetry and temperature should be degraded through data transmission, it's just numbers... I don't really see a point to transmitting data, its better just to return the mission to Kerbin any ways.

I don't like the way transmitting data is handled, I understand that if you're trying to transmit data through a soil sample the reward would be degraded, but I don't know why telemetry and temperature should be degraded through data transmission, it's just numbers... I don't really see a point to transmitting data, its better just to return the mission to Kerbin any ways.

transmitting basically allows you to get some science and re-use the module, but yes indeed i ONLY use it for things that are 100%, for the rest it's all return

Best birthday present I could get! Thanks for the great birthday that I will now spend all night blowing up on!

Happy birthday! :wink:

My little munar lander's science ship. Notice anything? I shed the rockets that I used to get off the Mun. Turns out I only had enough fuel to get almost to orbit. I had to shed the rockets to drop mass, then get out and push. So here I am, getting out and pushing every time I get near the lower node of the orbit. Slowly, methodically escaping Munar orbit by virtue of Kerbal power.

I could give up, but there's no way I'm dropping that sweet science, and even more sure there's no way I'm gonna let Jebediah not come home.

You really are a whackjob. :D

How did you keep the orientation stability?

I think with all the SCIENCE going on. Some of the other changes have been overlooked a little in discussions.

How about a little love for the overhauled Island Airfield. More great work from Bac9 here.

10326514365_face173bc1_c.jpg

I so need to climb that airport tower. :)

Hi Everybody, i got a Problem. If i Start a Career Mod and try to get ResearchPoints for researching new Tech, it doesnt happens anything. I take a fly with a Rocket, send Data, land the Maschine, and saved it... but no income of ResearchPoints?! i alos installed the Game a second time, nothing new... i gain no ResearchPoints... Any Ideas to help?!?

OMG! I unknowingly got the update and found that Mech Jeb wasn't working on my sandbox game. I haven't been following the forums, so I didn't even realize what the update contained. I figured I would check to see if Career mode was working yet. I almost pissed my pants. I quickly started a new game and instead of going to bed at 11pm for a 6pm wake up to go to work, I instead played until 3am. I couldn't leave my computer. It's all squads fault I feel like crap today. I can't wait to get home!!! I might be feeling a little "sick" "coff, coff".

Edited by toomuchbrew
excited typing

Oh, and here's another pretty picture. I got to like that little science vessel over that long five hours, and I thought I'd do it a kindness by fine-tuning it. Specifically, making sure it always lands right and never tears off a chunk that would cause loss of data.

Actually, you can recover torn off science parts as debris in the space center and you will still get the science points.

Just saying, as long as your part doesn't explode... :-)

ye well... the career mode is extremely easy, so for the guys that has been playing ksp from the start this update doesn't mean any thing i guess. Update .22 is for the new players, nothing for the old players (except for new KSC lol) :P.

No new parts, no new planets. Now we wait for a super mod creator to make it more interesting, although i freaken hate mods :/.

O well

It'll be tweaked later. There are likely to still be a lot of parts and other things that research can unlock down the road. It'll get more robust and I'd be surpised if actual difficulty levels weren't added to the game at some point (probably doing things like increase how much research you need to get to different levels).

Maybe I am missing something though. I have 4 flights under my belt and I have...something like 3 total research levels unlocked...or was the "fly like 5 times" thing hyperbole?

I love it, sure the current career mode is easy to get through but remember we're playing an alpha, they're building it up, the goal of that update wasn't to give us old players more stuff to do, it was to lay the foundations for the future career mode.

Even so, i quite enjoy playing it, if only cause it gives me a reason to go to other planets (even if i have the tree maxed, which i don't yet) and try to get all the science i can over there.

Then there's the improved SAS which i quite like.

Sub-assemblies are the bomb.

New KSC is pretty cool and the island runway too.

Game is a lot smoother for me too.

So yeah, all in all, I think it's a pretty good version

ye well... the career mode is extremely easy, so for the guys that has been playing ksp from the start this update doesn't mean any thing i guess. Update .22 is for the new players, nothing for the old players (except for new KSC lol) :P.

No new parts, no new planets. Now we wait for a super mod creator to make it more interesting, although i freaken hate mods :/.

O well

You hate mods... why? Have you even SEEN what is possible with the mods? They take an awesome game and make it even better imho.

But hey, the beauty of the game is that you can play it any way you like... The devs nailed it when they opened the game up for modding from day 0.1.

I'm loving it so far. Pre 0.22 I was stuck in the "let's see how big of a rocket I can make" mindset. I had trouble getting them into orbit, not even mentioning visiting anywhere (although I did "hit" the mun a few times). So far into career mode I've done my first actual planned Hohmann transfer, and am on course for a mun slingshot to get a minmus flyby. Sure there are some things that could be tweaked and some issues here and there, but having an actual reason to visit places and accomplish things has definitely renewed my addiction.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.