Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

Kas has no hinge. Only InfernalRobotics has :P

I thought so lol. But any way the winch seems to be working *edit* and also to get the winch GUI you can right click on the winch or use the p key.

http://imgur.com/BkwdbUc

http://imgur.com/XV6G1x9

GrabModule

{

grabPartKey = g

grabConnectorKey = y

}

AttachPointer

{

attachKey = h

rotateLeftKey = b

rotateRightKey = n

}

WinchModule

{

extendKey = [2]

retractKey = [5]

connectorLeftKey = [1]

connectorRightKey = [3]

hookKey = [0]

ejectKey = [8]

evaExtendKey = K

evaRetractKey = I

}

WinchGUI

{

toogleKey = p

height = 500

}

Rotor

{

rotorNegativeKey = [4]

rotorPositiveKey = [6]

}

TelescopicArm

{

extendKey = [9]

retractKey = [7]

}

Hey guys, new to this forum, but have been playing KSP for a year now. I know that the 64 bit version is new so I'm not going to mention the issues I'm having with it right now. I'll just wait for more stable releases, but I've been tampering with KAS trying to get it to work, even with the in official patches thy have been posted here. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the whole sha bang trying to get KAS to work. It just isn't worth it to play it without it. My temporary workaround is the fact that if attach parts to the outside of a rocket , or if I'm using b9, inside a cargo bay, I can get away without containers but it's messy. At this point, i think I'll have to wait till the official release of the next version but I thought posting this was worth a shot. What do you guys think? (Symtom: won't show up on kerbals back, won't clear from list)

:confused:

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm running on Win 7(64bit) KSP 64bit with no issues right now with the unofficial fixes I have made. Maybe give it one last try doing the following. First delete your old KAS Mod folder. Next Download KAS from Majiir post at the beginning of the thread, then download 64bit fix or 32bit recompile from the post in my signature and install it like any other mod and override the file it ask. Then depending on which one you went with make sure your launching the game under that. Example: if you chose 64bit go to the KSP directory and make a shortcut to KSP_x64.exe. If you went with 32bit make sure you are launching from a shortcut to KSP.exe. I hope this helps and good luck.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

I thought so lol. But any way the winch seems to be working *edit* and also to get the winch GUI you can right click on the winch or use the p key.

GrabModule

{

grabPartKey = g

grabConnectorKey = y

}

AttachPointer

{

attachKey = h

rotateLeftKey = b

rotateRightKey = n

}

WinchModule

{

extendKey = [2]

retractKey = [5]

connectorLeftKey = [1]

connectorRightKey = [3]

hookKey = [0]

ejectKey = [8]

evaExtendKey = K

evaRetractKey = I

}

WinchGUI

{

toogleKey = p

height = 500

}

Rotor

{

rotorNegativeKey = [4]

rotorPositiveKey = [6]

}

TelescopicArm

{

extendKey = [9]

retractKey = [7]

}

I'm sorry to hear that, I'm running on Win 7(64bit) KSP 64bit with no issues right now with the unofficial fixes I have made. Maybe give it one last try doing the following. First delete your old KAS Mod folder. Next Download KAS from Majiir post at the beginning of the thread, then download 64bit fix or 32bit recompile from the post in my signature and install it like any other mod and override the file it ask. Then depending on which one you went with make sure your launching the game under that. Example: if you chose 64bit go to the KSP directory and make a shortcut to KSP_x64.exe. If you went with 32bit make sure you are launching from a shortcut to KSP.exe. I hope this helps and good luck.

Lol that poor kerbal in the second picture :(

After a few patches could you release you updated one?

I haven't noticed any issues in Linux 64 bit but I haven't yet done much with KAS.

What I'm chiefly missing is costs not being applied to storage boxes being equipped in VAB/SPH, and I suspect part recovery costs of packed boxes as well.

Lol that poor kerbal in the second picture :(

After a few patches could you release you updated one?

"Lol that poor kerbal in the second picture" Haha he was having so much fun :P

Its already released :) I'm running KAS 64bit using my 64bit KAS Fix.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21?p=1319122&viewfull=1#post1319122

I haven't noticed any issues in Linux 64 bit but I haven't yet done much with KAS.

What I'm chiefly missing is costs not being applied to storage boxes being equipped in VAB/SPH, and I suspect part recovery costs of packed boxes as well.

Ya I can only unofficially update/apply fixes to the plugin itself. Any modification to content like that has to be done personally because of the type of license KAS is released under. I might go through and re-price some stuff and then release the values I set but I can't release the config or file itself.

Edited by JeffersonFlight

Could someone be kind enough to kind enough to help me with installing this mod for KSP 24.2 (the latest verison 32 bit from Stream). I understand that I need to download a patch or file to so it can run with KSP 24.2 but I’m not what it is or where to put it.

Thanks,

Edited by Turk_WLF
I forgot to add some info.

I wanted to take a moment to thank Jeffersonflight for continuing to work on this mod. I recently downloaded it and have been enjoying it. I'm currently running KSP .24 (I've almost decided to stop updating KSP so I could continue to play without worrying about which mods work, until the official first version of KSP is released) and the game crashes no more or less often with KAS installed. The current project made possible by KAS is an around-Kerbin airplane flight in the style of the early air pioneers with multiple refueling hops. Even made myself a nice little biplane to fly.

But I digress. Thank you again!

Could someone be kind enough to kind enough to help me with installing this mod for KSP 24.2 (the latest verison 32 bit from Stream). I understand that I need to download a patch or file to so it can run with KSP 24.2 but I’m not what it is or where to put it.

Thanks,

Here is an official tutorial on installing mods in general from the makers of KSP http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Tutorial:Installing_Addons

A short brief tutorial on it from me: We will use KAS for this example.

First download the official KAS mod here https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip

Second locate your Kerbal Space Program game directory, there are two ways to do this. If you launch KSP through steam, go to your games list and right click on Kerbal Space Program and select properties, then click on the local files tab and click on browse local files. That will bring you to your KSP game directory.

If you use the offical KSP launcher or have a normal game shortcut right click on it and select open file location.

Third locate the KAS zip file you download from step one and open it, then select the GameData folder from within it and drag it into the Kerbal Space Program directory overriding GameData folder.

Fourth depending on if you launch from 32bit(KSP.exe) or 64bit(KSP_x64.exe) KSP you need to download the correct unofficial fix from here.

For 64bit(dropbox link in this post->) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21?p=1319122&viewfull=1#post1319122

For 32bit(dropbox link in this post->) http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21?p=1321470&viewfull=1#post1321470

After downloading the correct one you will need to open the Zip file and extract it into KSP game directory and override GameData and KAS.dll

Congratulations hopefully this has worked and you now have a working version of KAS for 0.24.2 KSP :D

I wanted to take a moment to thank Jeffersonflight for continuing to work on this mod. I recently downloaded it and have been enjoying it. I'm currently running KSP .24 (I've almost decided to stop updating KSP so I could continue to play without worrying about which mods work, until the official first version of KSP is released) and the game crashes no more or less often with KAS installed. The current project made possible by KAS is an around-Kerbin airplane flight in the style of the early air pioneers with multiple refueling hops. Even made myself a nice little biplane to fly.

But I digress. Thank you again!

Why thank you kind sir, It makes me happy to see people enjoying KAS as Majiir intended. I'm glad to help where I can.

Why doesn't the original author relax the license so that the fixed version can be properly distributed and possibly further improved on? We can look at karbonite as an example of the love this mod would receive with open licensing, both in the form of fixes and new parts.

Hey guys, new to this forum, but have been playing KSP for a year now. I know that the 64 bit version is new so I'm not going to mention the issues I'm having with it right now. I'll just wait for more stable releases, but I've been tampering with KAS trying to get it to work, even with the in official patches thy have been posted here. I've uninstalled, reinstalled the whole sha bang trying to get KAS to work. It just isn't worth it to play it without it. My temporary workaround is the fact that if attach parts to the outside of a rocket , or if I'm using b9, inside a cargo bay, I can get away without containers but it's messy. At this point, i think I'll have to wait till the official release of the next version but I thought posting this was worth a shot. What do you guys think? (Symtom: won't show up on kerbals back, won't clear from list)

:confused:

Hey, I'm having that same issue. Can't get anything out of a container. "Take" button doesn't do anything.

Why doesn't the original author relax the license so that the fixed version can be properly distributed and possibly further improved on? We can look at karbonite as an example of the love this mod would receive with open licensing, both in the form of fixes and new parts.

You can find everything about the authors licensing for KAS here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21

His party, his rules.

Say what? This is KAS, not Kethane. Karbonite says nothing about this mod. Plus, he temporarily relaxed the license under conditions several pages back. It's his property, he is free to license it however he wants for whatever reason he wants, even if it's just to annoy you (which I'm pretty sure it isn't... well fairly sure... I mean, it could be but I doubt it).

If you don't like it you can follow RoverDude's example and make your own, just don't use anything from this one.

Edited by Alshain

Latest version on Steam, and 32bit. At least, haven't done anything special to force 64bit.

Alright, I would do a fresh install of KAS,so delete the KAS folder first from GameData, then install this first https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip then install the 32bit recompile from here(override what it ask) The download is the dropbox link in this post-> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21?p=1321470&viewfull=1#post1321470

Also once you have done that when you go to test try it on a new save game and a new ship creation.

Can you use JeffersonFlight's KAS fix in YouTube videos? Just curious because the license says you can use unmodified users.

I don't see why not, as long as you credit Majiir for his mod.

JeffersonFlight,

Thank you so much :cool:, it appears that with your help I got KAS to work. I just need to try it out now :).

Thanks,

I'm glad to hear, I hope everything is working!

GrabModule

{

grabPartKey = g

grabConnectorKey = y

}

AttachPointer

{

attachKey = h

rotateLeftKey = b

rotateRightKey = n

}

WinchModule

{

extendKey = [2]

retractKey = [5]

connectorLeftKey = [1]

connectorRightKey = [3]

hookKey = [0]

ejectKey = [8]

evaExtendKey = K

evaRetractKey = I

}

WinchGUI

{

toogleKey = p

height = 500

}

Rotor

{

rotorNegativeKey = [4]

rotorPositiveKey = [6]

}

TelescopicArm

{

extendKey = [9]

retractKey = [7]

}

Today I spent all day trying to figure it out. I reinstalled everything over and over again. 3-4 times I did this, each time trying a new approach trying to attribute it to one of the many mods I have: that at when it occurred to me. Is it possible that one of my downloads was corrupted? So I redownloaded everything I had and tried it one more time with no avail. I thought well, I have everything backed up on my computer and I don't have anything. To loose. This is like the only game that in really play, everything else is schoolwork for college. So I reinstalled window and gues what! It worked after te downloading everything again! So excited now! I'm attributing this to some system corruption, cause whatever it did, my touch screen doesn't go in and out after waking from sleep mode. Thanks for the great work JeffersonFlight!:kiss:

I mean come on! What are the chances a system instability only affected one single mod! Phew!

Say what? This is KAS, not Kethane. Karbonite says nothing about this mod. Plus, he temporarily relaxed the license under conditions several pages back. It's his property, he is free to license it however he wants for whatever reason he wants, even if it's just to annoy you (which I'm pretty sure it isn't... well fairly sure... I mean, it could be but I doubt it).

If you don't like it you can follow RoverDude's example and make your own, just don't use anything from this one.

You don't need to attack me, I'm asking the original author to make the project open source. I used karbonite as an example of how well an open source project can work. If you don't like my suggestion to someone else ignore it.

I read it. I'm asking for the original authors, KospY, or Majiir to change the license so that the community can maintain this since they are not.

You don't need to attack me, I'm asking the original author to make the project open source. I used karbonite as an example of how well an open source project can work. If you don't like my suggestion to someone else ignore it.

They are just letting you know that it doesn't matter whether it is open source or not. Like they said, it is his property and he can do what he wants with it. Besides, he may be licensing this now because when the game goes final, he may want to sell it as shareware, not freeware. That is what typically happens with these games. They get ideas from a community and bug fixes, etc. Like a light version of an iOS app.

Alright, I would do a fresh install of KAS,so delete the KAS folder first from GameData, then install this first https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip then install the 32bit recompile from here(override what it ask) The download is the dropbox link in this post-> http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/53134-Kerbal-Attachment-System-%28KAS%29-0-4-7-Pipes-as-fuel-lines-and-even-fewer-explosions%21?p=1321470&viewfull=1#post1321470

Also once you have done that when you go to test try it on a new save game and a new ship creation.

That seems to've gotten it working! Thanks so much!

Now to install Karbonite and OKS. An embarassment of riches around here.

Thanks again for all the hard work!

Edited by Konisforce

I read it. I'm asking for the original authors, KospY, or Majiir to change the license so that the community can maintain this since they are not.

Just not Majiir's bag. For good, bad or indifferent his works and the ones he stewards aren't going to be open source. Not trying to put you down or anything, but it's been discussed before and different people have different opinions about it, but they're works under his control and he's allowed to license them how he pleases and I really don't think that it's going to change. Just so you know.

It doesn't hurt to ask! I searched this thread for open source, and there seems like there has been hardly any discussion about it, so I'm not sure what you're referring to. Let's let the license owners post and see what they think.

Edited by mostlydave

They are just letting you know that it doesn't matter whether it is open source or not. Like they said, it is his property and he can do what he wants with it. Besides, he may be licensing this now because when the game goes final, he may want to sell it as shareware, not freeware. That is what typically happens with these games. They get ideas from a community and bug fixes, etc. Like a light version of an iOS app.
May I never see that day come. A non intrusive donation button to let people show their support and appreciation and using licensing to limits who works on it to minimize the drama of how to divvy up the funds is fine but heaven forbid any games mods take after the trends of mobile gaming. Modding should be done for fun not profit.

I've seen so many mods get sold or support for them stop because everyone wants free stuff and they just don't care about making donations to the awesome people who create them. What's more common is the owner of say, KSP buys the licenses and rights for KAS and sells them as say an expansion pack. That's what I meant anyway. Should have clarified. Hate games like that. That's why I don't play WoW, not that I'm into it anyway.:rolleyes: