Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

I'm trying to create a part that can be attached to a KAS winch. I added the following module code to my part config.

MODULE
{
name = KASModulePort
attachNode = top
nodeType = kasplug
breakForce = 30
nodeTransformName = plugNode
}

I can attach the part to the winch but when I extend the winch the part falls to the ground and the connector hangs in the air without a cable attached to it. But the part on the ground is still part of the craft and can be activated. When I retract the cable the connector part fall to the ground too when the cable is retracted completely and then my part is no longer connected to the craft.

screenshot76.png

How can I fix this? Thanks.

1st of all, great mod, love the KAS.

now the question, i want to modify the strength of the link between 2 strut end points. Im using the strut to secure medium sized ships in the hangar of my cruiser, but even after using 9 struts, as soon as i accelerate the ships starts bounsing everywhere. so which parameter determines the strut strenght on the .cfg file?

Edited by Coyote_ar

cannot attach while eva!!!! (a)ttach thrusts the god dan rcs pack! Furthermore g will drop but I grqab and it goes back in my back. I cannot attqach the nice little thing and I am in rage mode!!!!

Edited by sjwt

I usually just right click the part to attach. Anyway, I'm having an issue/bug.

I've placed several struts on EVA to reinforce two docked modules. After leaving the ship in orbit (Getting out of physics range) whenever I get back into physics range (Or load the vessel in any fashion) The strut end points are floating away as debris. Is there a fix for this?

Parts, not ships, as in parts attached to ships.

Say a decoupler fails to fire for some reasons (happens to me from time to time and I can't tell why, didn't use part clipping etc) the ability to send out a kerbal to fix it would be nice, equip a tool or similar setup and then right click the part in question and destroy it.

Edited by K3|Chris

Right clicking anything with storage instantly showing the list of things you can add to the storage needs to be changed, it means you can't manipulate your camera while your cursor is over a part that stores KAS stuff including some pods like the ALCOR and LLL stuff etc, very annoying, perhaps gate it behind the action group manager tab? (In a away that doesn't interfere with tweakables/fuel mods) or perhaps some key + left/right click?
Man, the new right click "open container" method of editing containers is a pain in the ass when I need to fill a bunch of them. I realize that in some situations it's desirable, but I'm finding it hugely increases the number of clicks and amount of mouse movement I need to perform to navigate from one to the other quickly. Where before I could right click-add the goods-right click on the next one-add, repeat as many times as needed with minimal clicking and mouse movement, I'm now finding I need to right click, move the cursor over to open container, add, move the cursor down to close, click, move the cursor over to the next container, etc. Would it be asking too much to give the ability to toggle this behaviour between the new system and the old?

I hate to complain like this, and I'll be grateful for a fantastically useful mod whatever you end up deciding to do.

I think we need to put you both in a ring and duke it out to see which option is the victor! :D

For what it's worth, I much prefer the new way of adding stuff to containers. As annoying as more mouse movement is (it's not, at least not for me. How many containers are you having where literally 2 extra clicks adds so much to your build time?), it's far less annoying than going to try and move the camera, accidentally hitting one of the boxes, then having the huge window come up. No, I prefer the new way.

Also, little request - could the window be a little smaller? I didn't even know there was a 'close' button on it until a week ago because it was always hidden off the bottom of my screen because the window's so large.

Is there some way to rotate parts placed in EVA in more axis than the default? that axis isn't very useful for a lot of parts.
Parts can now be rotated around three axes while being attached. The default key bindings still rotate around the Z axis. Hold left alt to instead rotate around the X axis, and hold right alt for the Y axis.

Here you go~

Parts can now be rotated around three axes while being attached. The default key bindings still rotate around the Z axis. Hold left alt to instead rotate around the X axis, and hold right alt for the Y axis.

Here you go~

I don't see in the release notes (or anywhere) what those default keys are. I recently tried (vaguely recalling that rotation was now possible) trying various keys on my keyboard and nothing worked. I tried arrows, numpad, and various letters.