How important is mystery goo to you?

Kinglet

How important is the mystery goo to you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How important is the mystery goo to you?

• Just another part that can be blown up.
    • I try to not destroy it.
    • Same as Kerbals.
    • I would never kill it!

do not know about yall, but, I am getting diminishing returns on everything :( I have hit the Mun and minmus a few times, so, things are still 'profitable' there, but, LKO, MKO and HKO are netting me NOTHING scientifically now from the science bay OR the goo, heck even crew reports in Kerbins gravity field are worthless now :(

I lugged 14 canisters of it (and 13 material bays) to Jool earlier today for much science. I guess you could say it's kind of a high priority, even if it is a bit lower in the science value department than almost any other experiment you can run.

do not know about yall, but, I am getting diminishing returns on everything :( I have hit the Mun and minmus a few times, so, things are still 'profitable' there, but, LKO, MKO and HKO are netting me NOTHING scientifically now from the science bay OR the goo, heck even crew reports in Kerbins gravity field are worthless now :(

I hope you didn't expect you could run the same experiment 200 times and learn equally much every time you do it? If you want to learn new things, you need to go to new places!

My science vessel has 20 canisters of it, and 16 science labs, so definitely!

But, it's just another part. I don't like blowing up my parts though!

No! It does NOT pay to have more canisters!

I can't find the thread right now, but we have determined that transmitting the data (and repeating the experiment often enough) in the end nets you the same amount of Science! (minus rounding errors, less than half a Science Point).

I hope they will fix that though, returning a soil samples should be worth more than transmitting data about that same soil 20-or-so times.

No! It does NOT pay to have more canisters!

I can't find the thread right now, but we have determined that transmitting the data (and repeating the experiment often enough) in the end nets you the same amount of Science! (minus rounding errors, less than half a Science Point).

I hope they will fix that though, returning a soil samples should be worth more than transmitting data about that same soil 20-or-so times.

Bringing multiple canisters makes a lot of sense in the beginning before you get decent solar cells. Afterwards its better to just take one or two.

How important is Mystery Goo to me? How can you even ask such a question? It's amazingly important! Mystery Goo is beautiful and terrible as the Morning and the Night! Fair as the Sea and the Sun and the Snow upon the Mountain! Dreadful as the Storm and the Lightning! Stronger than the foundations of the earth. All shall love Mystery Goo and despair!

...but I'd trade it in for a good set of heavy-duty landing legs.

Goo is an important tool for getting more science, so i don't take any unnecessary risks with it. But i'm not going to bend over backwards to 'rescue' goo container stranded somewhere far away - like i would do for any of my kerbonauts. Unless devs allow us to breed Flubber-like kind that can be a pet :)

I wouldn't send the goo somewhere to deliberately die, however I don't mind stranding it in space, it seems happy enough most places.

There were a couple of tragic goo deaths, my first goo flight the canister fall off the capsule when the parachute kicked in which was sad, poor lil goo.

Mystery goo, in the past, has been a reliable source of science for FTM Industries. However, with the invention of the Science Jr. Science production module and the devaluing of science by the saturation of the market, mystery goo has become antiquated. However, if the invention of probe-based orbiting body powered-decent and contact devices is successful, we expect to see mystery goo back in service as a cheap, readily-available form of science production.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.