[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

I cannot walk/land on terrain. If I do so, I go straight trough it few meters and explode. Im using Metaphor's 1/10th size solar system config.

EDIT: RSS with no special configs seems to have same problem

Edited by Shurikeeen

I get the same "through the terrain" problem with just regular old RSS. Makes it impossible to land planes anywhere but runways. (Although I did have a capsule come down on land that was fine and didn't clip through the ground.)

Edited by jrandom

is there mod that turns Kerbal system into Solar system but without rescaling and making it hardcore. I enjoy playing KSP with its natural mecanics but would really like to have the earth-moon, mars, venus and etc. is it possible to make Real Solar System LITE version:cool:

is there mod that turns Kerbal system into Solar system but without rescaling and making it hardcore. I enjoy playing KSP with its natural mecanics but would really like to have the earth-moon, mars, venus and etc. is it possible to make Real Solar System LITE version:cool:

There are config downloads what do that in this thread.

Day 1 Year 1 is Jan 1 1951 at midnight GMT. Since KSP thinks *every* year is 365 days (oh, and make sure your settings are on "Earth time" not "Kerbin time" in KSP's settings menu), you will have to figure out what day of the year Oct 15 is, then offset by the number of leap years since 1951.

Is there some technical reason that RSS is disabled with x64? Or is it just arbitrarily disabled because squad now claims x64 to be unstable.

If this is the case, is there some setting to enable it on x64 again?

Is there some technical reason that RSS is disabled with x64? Or is it just arbitrarily disabled because squad now claims x64 to be unstable.

If this is the case, is there some setting to enable it on x64 again?

It's because numerous mod authors are fed up trying to provide support for Windows x64 users, where the bugs stem back to Windows x64 instead of their mods.

And no, there's no setting: you could eliminate the check from the source code and recompile, but they're still not going to help you with any bugs found on Windows x64.

It's because numerous mod authors are fed up trying to provide support for Windows x64 users, where the bugs stem back to Windows x64 instead of their mods.

And no, there's no setting: you could eliminate the check from the source code and recompile, but they're still not going to help you with any bugs found on Windows x64.

Well that's unfortunate. In my opinion a warning stating that "mod issues on an x64 installation will not be supported" is a much better option than purposely preventing the mod from working on a 64 bit install altogether.

I personally WANT to use x64 with RSS in order to get higher res textures. It worked beautifully on 0.24.2 and even if 0.25 has a few more little bugs, it should be left up to the user to determine if they still want to use it despite those risks.

Sorry guys, but until the forceful check of a 64 bit install is removed, I will be sticking with the 0.24.2 version of RSS.

VonFrank: guess what. We tried that in .24. It didn't work. We still got tons of (rude) support requests, got our mods blamed for stock issues, got users offering bad advice as to how to "fix" things, or saying "lol ignore the incompatibility warning, ~so kerbal~" and on top of that could do nothing to help anyway.

Apparently no amount of warnings is enough for people to pay attention and respect them. For that reason, the official download will not support KSP Win x64 until KSP Win x64 is stable. I have said on this thread before, and will say again, that if you personally (or any other user) wants an unlocked copy, I *will* distribute it by PM, on condition that it is not redistributed and that you agree to neither ask for nor receive support from me or any other person.

Changelog

v8.1.2

*Fixed normal map loading

*Added ability to set both far and near clip planes in cfg, added cfg support for camScaledSpace (camScaledSpaceNearClip like cam01FarClip in cfg)

*Water now no longer disappears when close (by setting cam01NearClip to 1)

VonFrank: guess what. We tried that in .24. It didn't work. We still got tons of (rude) support requests, got our mods blamed for stock issues, got users offering bad advice as to how to "fix" things, or saying "lol ignore the incompatibility warning, ~so kerbal~" and on top of that could do nothing to help anyway.

Apparently no amount of warnings is enough for people to pay attention and respect them. For that reason, the official download will not support KSP Win x64 until KSP Win x64 is stable. I have said on this thread before, and will say again, that if you personally (or any other user) wants an unlocked copy, I *will* distribute it by PM, on condition that it is not redistributed and that you agree to neither ask for nor receive support from me or any other person.

Thanks for the reply Nathan.

I tried searching the thread for reference to getting around the x64 block but I couldn't find it, that's why I posted. (It's a big thread, so I probably just missed it, lol)

I understand the reasoning behind what you did and I figured that was probably why. Still, I would love to have the un-blocked version. If you could PM it to me, that wold be appreciated.

Thanks again! :)

Minor upgrade 'hiccup' to watch for for 6.4x Kerbin config users - after I upgraded from 8.0 to to 8.1.1, my lander on Minmus got teleported to 700m above the surface of the Sun, and the mapper and com relay sat I had in orbit also ended up in solar orbits instead of Minmus orbit. The sats were easily hyper-edited back into place, but the lander, alas, was a loss. Super minor for me, but if anyone has built big bases on Minmus, they may want to watch out for this.

EDIT: Not a minor hiccup after all - something in the SOI calculation has changed, and now Kerbin's SOI ends just beyond the Mun, well 'below' Minmus's orbit, causing all kinds of craziness for the 6.4x Kerbin config. This probably needs fixing if the alternative configs are going to remain possible, unless there's some way to tweak SOI from within the RSS config that I've missed.

Edited by TheOrqwithVagrant

Never mind, found it. Have to release tomorrow, though.

Nice release fixes :) I think I'm gonna try and migrate to RSS 8+ for these updates. This whole DDS loading thing has me intrigued, have you tested it on any of the 8k rss textures yet? I hear the colour map one doesn't work. - I'm all in favour of getting the most out of KSP through my GTX970 :P it runs ksp with about 10% usage max :/

pingopete: why do you think I changed it to allow loading from gamedata? Yes, I converted your new Color map to dds. :)

dlrk: I wasn't calling the final orbit method correctly (coroutines calling other coroutines have to invoke things oddly).