[1.2] Real Solar System v12.0 Dec 8

NathanKell

So I've just discovered that the KSC only exists at the current set launching point, so my little plan to fly from one runway to another was foiled by the destination runway not existing.

Is there any way to get all the launch stations to persist even when they're not the active space center?

I'm also a big fan of this idea. But right now with regex KSC switcher - no it's probably not. Perhaps KerbTown could be used for this, better ask in that thread.

Edit: Apparently Kerbal Konstructs is the new kid in town: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/93699-0-25-WIP-Kerbal-Konstructs-v0-4-PRE4-%28Nov-1%29-Static-Objects-and-Launch-Sites!

Edited by ThorBeorn

So I've just discovered that the KSC only exists at the current set launching point, so my little plan to fly from one runway to another was foiled by the destination runway not existing.

Is there any way to get all the launch stations to persist even when they're not the active space center?

Wow does this mean they all share the same building damage?

I was working on this before the ~Great Drama~ but now I'm :taking a break: so ... no.

Wow does this mean they all share the same building damage?

They probably would, yes, because all KSCSwitcher does is move KSC to another location. Making separate KSC's would take a lot more coding.

Hi everybody, well I'm experiencing some kind of issue with RSS config, for some reason I have the right size, distance, and delta v, but my day is still 6 hours long, and when I tried to reach Mun orbit trajectory is marked as kerbin escape a little bit after GEO orbit height so Mun is out of reach =(

Does anyone know what's wrong with my ksp?

Thanks!

In KSP's own settings menu you can swap between Kerbal time and Earth time.

Thanks Nathan, didn't realize that option, but key stuff still there, seems like Kerbin influence area is smaller than it should be, Mun is 390.000.000 Km away, but trying to go further than 77.000.000 Km and trajectory change to kerbin escape.

Where should I check "influence area" for each planet?

Thanks again!

Okay! Are you planning to bring that back or something similar to increase quality? I know that is going to be difficult because of the 32 bit limits and other problems. If you know of anything else that could increase quality let me know :) Sorry for being so pestering about this problem. I accidentally modded the old KSP Realism overhaul that I had, and I didn't back up, so now I'm trying to get a realism overhaul close to what I used to have working :D Thanks!

The DLL on github should now support GameDatabase references for all textures. That means you can convert everything to DDS and use Sarbian's DDS loader.

I would like to have it tested before release, however.

I grabbed the dll and gave it a shot. Sadly, it seems to be borked. I'm playing ksp 25.0 on 32 bits on windows. The game had only RSS installed and the dds loader. I converted my textures with lilleman's converter (this converter works fine for squad's parts).

First of all, Realsolarsystem.cfg refers directly to .png files. So I changed that for Earth. After firing up KSP I got the good old red+white globe bug.

drR1fNt.jpg

Here's my log.

I checked the DDSLoader plugin, and it turns out it doesn't support either keeping things readable, or 8bit textures. That means you will need to leave anything used in a PQSMod as png. However, if a texture is used *both* in a PQSMod and for the Scaled Space color map, you can leave the PNG in plugindata and make a DDS copy of it to point SSColor at.

Here's how to test (I realize I should have actually left instructions):

1. For each Color and _NRM file, make a copy in the main RSS folder.

2. Run the converter (making sure it doesn't touch inside PluginData, as I think it now, properly, does not)

3. Change all SSBump and SSColor references from

GameData/RealSolarSystem/Plugins/PluginData/foo.png

to

RealSolarSystem/foo

(assuming you now have a foo.dds in the main RealSolarSystem folder)

No. No color maps are duplicated. No files inside a PluginData folder are loaded by the game unless a plugin explicitly does so, and when heightmaps or vertex color maps are created, one loads the file into a texture, creates a MapSO from it, and then frees the original texture. No duplication (except to the extent that MapSO is wasteful).

Possible potential solution to the lack of persistence with multiple KSCs: Would it be possible to switch, in-flight, the location of the KSC? Every second or so, the nearest launch site to the craft could be determined and set as active. This would allow flights between launch sites w/out having to make them all exist at the same time.

Possible potential solution to the lack of persistence with multiple KSCs: Would it be possible to switch, in-flight, the location of the KSC? Every second or so, the nearest launch site to the craft could be determined and set as active. This would allow flights between launch sites w/out having to make them all exist at the same time.

Interesting idea and certainly technically possible. There's still the issue of damage to deal with. One requirement is that KSP needs to have exposed a means to arbitrarily set damage for a given set of structures, and a way to retrieve current damage as well. I haven't checked but I find it hard to believe that the first doesn't exist. The second.... probably but not necessarily.

Interesting idea and certainly technically possible. There's still the issue of damage to deal with. One requirement is that KSP needs to have exposed a means to arbitrarily set damage for a given set of structures, and a way to retrieve current damage as well. I haven't checked but I find it hard to believe that the first doesn't exist. The second.... probably but not necessarily.

I only play sandbox with damage turned off (I was unable to repair a damaged SPH in sandbox so I started a new game with indestructible buildings), so that never really occurred to me. Maybe make a "set KSC to nearest launch site" flag that's toggleable in a .cfg file? I want to be able to fly between launch sites more than I want explodey buildings. :)

Problem with moving KSC is that when you move a PQSCity, you need to rebuild the sphere afterwards, I think. That will make all terrain disappear and the game pause for a few seconds.

The alternate approach, cloning the model everywhere, would work better I think.