BSC: Albatross 3  

1. 1. BSC: Albatross 3

• antbin - Ahlbetossed 4b
    • Ekku Zakku - Ensoku
    • GusTurbo - Albatross 18
    • mcirish3 - Condor
    • Octagon - Diamond Flyer
    • Sirine - The Albatross

My first submission to a BSC challenge; be gentle!

Totally Legit Aerospace Ltd (Makers of fine aircraft, spacecraft & small household goods) is proud to present the Kerbaltross I.......

Your craft is amazing, could I possibly use it as a high-altitude reconnaisance aircraft?

Updated craft with more science and some fuel lines for more stable long range flight.

Oh and changed my signature to reflect what I have done since the release of 0.22 not that anyone actually cares.

Edited by mcirish3

Hey everybody here are my test notes from the planes! Please read the preface to help understand what I did and use at your own risk.

http://www./view/68fo0g7sc2r6keo/BSC_Judging_Notes.docx

http://www./view/8sd1q0gd9s8c56a/BSC_Judging_Notes.pdf

Slight update to testing doc as I was in a hurry when writing preface. I added forum names after the names of their planes in the doc. And I added a pdf version in case people can't open a word doc!

Enjoy!!!

Edited by gm537
Update doc and add pdf version

Primary elections have started! Vote

here!

Please drop a few line who you've voted for!

Get all .craft files in a single zip file HERE

Primary elections will run for 48 hours - the six (or so) best entries will enter the final 24h-election!

Please check the challenge guidelines - even if you just want to vote!

t9JJDdO.jpg

And remember to come back in two days!

I think that the planes by Mhoram, Rhomphaia and whistlehead are the best. Also, the one by Zekes seems to be WAAAY too fast, as the Albatross is meant to be a slow plane. Sadly, I didn't submit anything, so I'm not allowed to vote.

I think that the planes by Mhoram, Rhomphaia and whistlehead are the best. Also, the one by Zekes seems to be WAAAY too fast, as the Albatross is meant to be a slow plane. Sadly, I didn't submit anything, so I'm not allowed to vote.

I may be wrong about this, but so far as I'm aware you can vote without entering.

hm, sorry Gus - now you have to run with Kalkakross Keighteen in the poll ^^

Nooooo now I'm going to lose because of the stupid name.

Haha oh well. This was a fun design exercise for me, and I'm mostly just pleased with how it turned out, even if I don't win.

I was winning right out of the gate in the Heavy Lander challenge too, and I didn't even make it past the primary. It takes a long time to test all the planes (especially since there's 30 of them this time), so expect to see a lot of movement later on.

Thanks, also you don't have to enter to vote.

Testing all these entries is going to be a challenge in itself, especially since I am working 12 hour shifts just now.

Also a belated thanks to MiniMatt and McIrish3 foir your comments on my entry in the super heavy lander challenge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.