[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

Well, I just took a quick peek and I guess I'll be the first to say they look really nice. I'll get a much better look at it tomorrow, but I can see the improvement at the poles. If you consider the crazy, swirling madness this mod started with, how could I not be impressed?

this mod does not change anything for me. I put all the folders in gameplay but When i put a rocket on the launch pad and look up the sky looks exactly the same. There are no clouds.

Extract the rar file to your main folder. Or...extract the Folder "BoulderCo" to your gamedata folder. ;)

Extract the rar file to your main folder. Or...extract the Folder "BoulderCo" to your gamedata folder. ;)

Yeah I've got the mod installed correctly. But there are no clouds when i look up. i dont know why.

@ Mucha - What rbay was trying to tell you is: bring up the alt-n menu (I think you have to pick advanced options), and notice each layer allows you to specify the textures it uses. That will give you the directory format you need to reference one of your own. If you open your BoulderCo folder, look in the clouds folder, inside is another one called textures. You can find all the textures the mod is referencing there. If you need further help, feel free to ask.

I don't recommend using non-square textures, to be honest. They are pretty badly managed by the GPU and in worst cases can be automatically converted to a square of a nearest size, thus adding dead weight without actually using it for anything useful.

Non-square textures aren't a problem. Non-power-of-2 textures can be a problem, depending on what generation of GPU you're using.

I'm getting a very large output log file generated. Just a short while it got up to 434 megabytes long.

It is being filled with this type messages...

Clouds: Offset :(0.1, 0.0)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Clouds: Offset :(0.6, 0.0)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/ea95e74f6e5f192d/Runtime/ExportGenerated/StandalonePlayer/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 54)

Clouds: Offset :(0.5, 0.0)

Whatever you changed in 6-0 regarding to 5-3 i don't like it, it now produces a visible could-pattern on the equator. i rather live with some strange effects on the poles tbh.

to illustrate - BEFORE (5-3)

KSP%202013-12-22%2017-13-30-81.jpg

AFTER (6-0)

KSP%202013-12-22%2017-10-52-53.jpg

I can't run 6-0. I get CTD either at the end of loading, or, if I get through that, when I transition from scenes. If I look at memory usage while at the space center screen, switching from 5-2 or 5-3 to 6-0 causes KSP's memory usage to jump from 2.5 gigs to over 3.3 (! :confused: ). I stripped out Laythe, Duna, and Eve's clouds, which doesn't add up to much.

EDIT: And I also am seeing the debug spam in the log.

Edited by MOARdV
Added note about debug output.

Whatever you changed in 6-0 regarding to 5-3 i don't like it, it now produces a visible could-pattern on the equator. i rather live with some strange effects on the poles tbh.

to illustrate - BEFORE (5-3)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47230747/KSP%202013-12-22%2017-13-30-81.jpg

AFTER (6-0)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/47230747/KSP%202013-12-22%2017-10-52-53.jpg

I am seeing the same issue. Any fix for this?