[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

I did a comparison video between stock and this(with the HD Cloud Improvement pack):

This has become on of my must-have mods to play with, great work!

-

Kolbjorn

I'm glad you liked it!

I absolutely adore how Eve turned out, it was my favorite part of the whole "Improvement".

I just want to bite into it. I bet it tastes like strawberry ice cream and cherry.

Edit: BTW, you should make a comparison from the ground view.

Edited by Astronomer

rbray89: a near-term suggestion. Could you add an option for citylights to, rather than fade out when light, be replaced by a different detail texture? That would at least give us a city texture during the day, even if no 3D buildings. It would be especially useful for RSS, where it's *super* freaky to fly over a recognizable NYC and see no city there.

I did a comparison video between stock and this(with the HD Cloud Improvement pack):

This has become on of my must-have mods to play with, great work!

-

Kolbjorn

That's a pretty nice video, but dare I say it fails to do the mod justice? UR texture packs have had clouds for a long time, its their dynamic nature, passing through them and seeing them from both sides that makes them living. In the latest dev build they actually have a pseudo-volume which makes them absolutely fantastic to be around. I kept waiting for you to go into the atmosphere!

You win. How did you make the aurora texture(s)? Ours look surprisingly similar.

Nice beard.

For the aurora I used a photoshop brush from deviantart.com to create my own spirals (inspired in this https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Aurora_australis_20050911.jpg and this https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Jupiter.Aurora.HST.UV.jpg). I mean, is not photorealistic at all, but I've tried to reach a real "magnetic field effect" with a duplicate layer and different values. I think it looks pretty awesome ingame and the release will be soon but sadly, even using extreme normalmaps, it's still seem too flat for me...

That's a pretty nice video, but dare I say it fails to do the mod justice? UR texture packs have had clouds for a long time, its their dynamic nature, passing through them and seeing them from both sides that makes them living. In the latest dev build they actually have a pseudo-volume which makes them absolutely fantastic to be around. I kept waiting for you to go into the atmosphere!
I'm glad you liked it!

I absolutely adore how Eve turned out, it was my favorite part of the whole "Improvement".

I just want to bite into it. I bet it tastes like strawberry ice cream and cherry.

Edit: BTW, you should make a comparison from the ground view.

Aaaand done!

(I don't know why I didn't include a ground view from the start, must have been a mindslip).

-

Kolbjorn

Aaaand done!

(I don't know why I didn't include a ground view from the start, must have been a mindslip).

-

Kolbjorn

Nice quality and editing. I liked the Kerbinrise at the end. The sky changes throughout the day, at different altitudes, at different angles. You've completely neglected that. Also you've skipped Jool. I'm sorry, but this doesn't do justice.

A video of you renting on the morning side with the camera spinning and warping through the day once you land would give a better idea of what it's like in-game.

Edited by Astronomer

Hi. I'm certain this has been asked before, but I've skimmed back through quite a few pages and I can't find it; what settings in the Alt+N menu for the clouds can I alter to reduce the tiling effect of the clouds (If at all)? It's not really an issue, but I'd like to see it reduced slightly if possible.

Massive, massive props again for doing this- I've said it before but these clouds are absolutely indispensable for me.

Cheers.

Hi. I'm certain this has been asked before, but I've skimmed back through quite a few pages and I can't find it; what settings in the Alt+N menu for the clouds can I alter to reduce the tiling effect of the clouds (If at all)? It's not really an issue, but I'd like to see it reduced slightly if possible.

Massive, massive props again for doing this- I've said it before but these clouds are absolutely indispensable for me.

Cheers.

Detail scale in the "advanced" section. you have to hit apply to make the change as well.

How much Ram does This mod Require ?

And what if i add these

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/hdcloudtextures/

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/60961

Because i usually play stock game.

I'm running the new dev version of this mod with the cloud pack that came with it, but I'm using HD textures with the TextureReplacer mod and rbray's other mod that compresses textures and in game I'm using ~2.136gb.

You'll need the "aggressive" version of rbray's texture compressor if you use the HD packs, otherwise the game becomes unstable quickly.

Considering the aggressive version reduces the size of textures by half, you could also just not use HD packs as the two together pretty much make it pointless to do so.

rbray89, a bump if I might: a near-term suggestion. Could you add an option for citylights to, rather than fade out when light, be replaced by a different detail texture? That would at least give us a city texture during the day, even if no 3D buildings. It would be especially useful for RSS, where it's *super* freaky to fly over a recognizable NYC and see no city there.

I'm running the new dev version of this mod with the cloud pack that came with it, but I'm using HD textures with the TextureReplacer mod and rbray's other mod that compresses textures and in game I'm using ~2.136gb.

Ok, im using Basic version.

Does anyone have 4 k Texture for Planets ?

so they would look better because im using only 2 mods (protractor, engineer).