[1.1.2][1-1-2] May 13-2016 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

rbray89

It's one of two wormholes that are a part of the FTL nebula skybox.

Applying it as a rotating layer over the sun doesn't work as the layer glitches out at large sizes.

You can still enter the wormhole inside the sun though.

Does Pimp my Clouds still work? I tried installing it over 7-4 EVE to (mainly to get those pretty night lights) and EVE stopped working...

Is there any way to integrate them? Or should I wait for EVE's new version (WIP)?

the png themself should work might have to rename some but dont think the .cfg will u just have to change them around

the png themself should work might have to rename some but dont think the .cfg will u just have to change them around

Ok! I tested the PNG with the "official" cfg and it worked but not like Pimp my Clouds photos. What kind of changes do I have to make? I've compared both cfg files and noticed some changes but don't know what each one does...

Is there any help available?

Ok! I tested the PNG with the "official" cfg and it worked but not like Pimp my Clouds photos. What kind of changes do I have to make? I've compared both cfg files and noticed some changes but don't know what each one does...

Is there any help available?

since pimp my clouds the way EVE does .cfg has changed so just try renameing the png to what it would be now.http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/76972 is u could say the updated pimp my clouds. its by same guy

Nice job on that ranger! I assume it is mostly stock? I might share the link for the thread if you don't mind... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101580-Interstellar-Ranger!

Edit: Ah, tweakscale and Bahumoto Dynamics. Love those retracting engines.

Edited by Chezburgar7300
Whoopsy daisy.

Nice job on that ranger! I assume it is mostly stock? I might share the link for the thread if you don't mind... http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/101580-Interstellar-Ranger!

Edit: Ah, tweakscale and Bahumoto Dynamics. Love those retracting engines.

Thanks! Please share the link if you can, I'll be uploading it pretty soon.

I have now perfected the lightning behavior. I only have this pic just to give you an idea. It's really fast.

http://i.imgur.com/dG4lja0.png

Note that lightning may indeed strike in the same place, but not in the same way.

Astro: how do you get such hi-res sun flares? Did you increase the resolution of the DDS? Is that possible?

Astro: how do you get such hi-res sun flares? Did you increase the resolution of the DDS? Is that possible?

No, the resolution is the same. The trick is not in what information is there, but what information is perceivable. Color creates separation that alpha cannot. Thus I have lowered alpha by bringing the exposure down.

At a low resolution, pixelization lowers the number of light levels in a gradient. Lowering the difference in brightness value between each neighboring pixel makes the gradient appear smoother, without changing any rbg ratios that would bring that same detail to the image.

Besides, at this distance the smaller part of the lens flare is just more than half its actual size.

This is the closest you can get to procedural auroras.

http://i.imgur.com/4uPn2g3.jpg

They are not truly procedural, but you will never see the same feature twice or with the same color.

Are the auroras at a higher altitude than the clouds? I've been using one of your Interstellar test releases and the auroras seem way too low (i.e. in the atmosphere at like 40km). Then again they're also really flickery so that might be a configuration issue I wasn't aware of.

No, the resolution is the same. The trick is not in what information is there, but what information is perceivable. Color creates separation that alpha cannot. Thus I have lowered alpha by bringing the exposure down.

At a low resolution, pixelization lowers the number of light levels in a gradient. Lowering the difference in brightness value between each neighboring pixel makes the gradient appear smoother, without changing any rbg ratios that would bring that same detail to the image.

Besides, at this distance the smaller part of the lens flare is just more than half its actual size.

That's good to know, I've been struggling with banding in lens flares in an animation

The things you learn on this forum are always interesting :cool:

Are the auroras at a higher altitude than the clouds? I've been using one of your Interstellar test releases and the auroras seem way too low (i.e. in the atmosphere at like 40km). Then again they're also really flickery so that might be a configuration issue I wasn't aware of.

I have since calculated the reasonable aurora altitude for each body that has them.

I'm getting a crash whenever I try to change the resolution to anything other than default or when I load the game in any resolution other than default. The game runs very smoothly at its current resolution so I doubt it's a memory issue, although I cannot be sure.

Crash reports:

error

output_log

Guys I need your help.

See the image below. Can anyone tell me why the shading on the planet it all gimped?

I don't know if it's EVE 7-4, or Astromer's Visualization Pack - Edge of Oblivion, or Texture Replacer, or the phase of the moon, or the contents of my refresh register, or....

Can enyone help me to fix this because it looks terrible!!!! I'd rather play with stock rather then this!

x6PSmoW.png

- I am using Texture Replacer and not using ATM because ATM just wrecks textures especially the gui icons they become black or unreadable.

- I have a gtx-780 3GB

- system I7, 32GB, win7x64

- I have been running 32-bit ksp with -force-opengl

Guys I need your help.

See the image below. Can anyone tell me why the shading on the planet it all gimped?

I don't know if it's EVE 7-4, or Astromer's Visualization Pack - Edge of Oblivion, or Texture Replacer, or the phase of the moon, or the contents of my refresh register, or....

Can enyone help me to fix this because it looks terrible!!!! I'd rather play with stock rather then this!

http://i.imgur.com/x6PSmoW.png

- I am using Texture Replacer and not using ATM because ATM just wrecks textures especially the gui icons they become black or unreadable.

- I have a gtx-780 3GB

- system I7, 32GB, win7x64

- I have been running 32-bit ksp with -force-opengl

try reinstalling files for the clouds as since looks likeonly dark side of planet is haveing issues so might be corrupted texture files