[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

I really can't get these and FAR to play ball with each other, would be nice if we could +/- the trim using action groups or in some automated fashion, I need to adjust it a lot an using the right click menu is very tedious especially with more than one engine, and with the craft moving around it's even harder.

sounds great, so maybe it save's some kerbals back, if the main engine is broken :D

yep, thanks. but it has some trouble on the runway. it does'nt turns off while speeding up on the runway. but this is no more a problem, when the effect tweakable is working.

the pre-sparkers looking amazing too.

you my friend are awesome :D i like this pack so much.

Btw with your parts/effects, the FASA launch tower/clamps and the countdown plugin, the whole launch procedure has a new level of flair.

http://i.imgur.com/ukhFPX7.png

What mod are those wings from?

I really can't get these and FAR to play ball with each other, would be nice if we could +/- the trim using action groups or in some automated fashion, I need to adjust it a lot an using the right click menu is very tedious especially with more than one engine, and with the craft moving around it's even harder.

This sounds like a cool addition. Ill do that :-)

So it's gone from SoonTM to NotSoonTM.

Nothing wrong with that.

Git'er dun when ya git'er dun.

I'm afraid that's my fault. We discovered a minor bug with my new and improvedâ„¢ altimeter smart part that could result in it not triggering at extremely high velocities at high physical timewarp. Since SSE and Smart Parts are currently linked, a delay in one results in a delay in both. :(

However, I'm pleased to report that the bug has now been thoroughly squashed and so, barring any other issues, we should be set for release tomorrow.

please add a max/min height switch to the altimeter smart part, so we can use it both ways :)

I think you'll be pleased with the updated altimeter, as this was one of my major priorities with the new altimeter. The altimeter can now be used during both ascent and descent, and it supports auto reset. So for example, lets say you want your solar panels and antennas to automatically deploy at 50KM during ascent and then stow during reentry at that same altitude, you can do both with the same altimeter.

Also, naturally it now works over water, and is a lot more accurate in general, even taking Kerbal space center building height into account. Oh, and it's tweakable scale has been redone as well so it now supports altitudes of 0 to 1000 meters, and 0 to 100 kilometers. I decided that was a lot more elegant than implementing the decameter scale that was brought up in the smart parts thread.

Edited by Firov

PhuYLvV.jpg

The update is out!

V1.1 Sparkers and gimbal fixes

* Space shuttle spakers as launch effects (attach to launch clamps)

* Gimballing now also activates when engine is activated via action groups

* Gimballing now automatically turns off when the engine is deactivated

* Pitch can now be changed (+/-) via action groups. Close the context menu to adjust pitch during flight!

* New example craft

* Gimbal support for ModuleEnginesFX

* Smart Parts update (see smart parts for details)

* OMS systems now have visual gimballing

Huge thank you Dtobi for all your help and support with the KSO and getting the fixes in.

My apologies for not coming in and thanking you. I've been so tied up with the release of that thing. Hehehe!

No problem. Thanks for coming now. Keep doing your thing. Cheers!

I think I just found out where the incompatibilities with FAR come from. The orange outboard tanks all have a node size of 0, and therefore FAR sees them all as probe sized. I think that if the tanks node sizes could be adjusted (1 for the 1.25m tanks, 2 for the 1.825m, 2 for the 2.5m, and 3 for the 3.75m tanks), it would behave better with FAR.

I think I just found out where the incompatibilities with FAR come from. The orange outboard tanks all have a node size of 0, and therefore FAR sees them all as probe sized. I think that if the tanks node sizes could be adjusted (1 for the 1.25m tanks, 2 for the 1.825m, 2 for the 2.5m, and 3 for the 3.75m tanks), it would behave better with FAR.

Interesting, I hope this is all that is wrong :)

Youre right. I am using the new stock attachment system. It sets all attachment notes to the tiny ones. I'll try if I fix this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.