[1.1.x] Space Shuttle Engines (2016-07-03)

sarbian

Which parts of the pack do you use?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Which parts of the pack do you use?

• X2 Engine
    • BB engines
    • Aerospike
    • Attachment points
    • Auto Stagers
    • Fuel Controllers
    • Radio Controller
    • Tank System
    • OMS system

Auto-staging parts leave empty stages in stage list when they execute; for example: I place fuel stager on SRBs, when SRB's are empty - next stage is triggerer, which is decouplers. But after it's triggered, I still have that stage number that contained decouplers in stage list, though now it's empty so I have to press "space" again to remove it. Is it fixable?

Auto-staging parts leave empty stages in stage list when they execute; for example: I place fuel stager on SRBs, when SRB's are empty - next stage is triggerer, which is decouplers. But after it's triggered, I still have that stage number that contained decouplers in stage list, though now it's empty so I have to press "space" again to remove it. Is it fixable?

I recently discovered this problem myself. I believe it to be fixable at this point, and it's certainly irritating. However, I'm having to go through the code to better understand how the staging works in the smart parts mod, as that's not something I've actually had to work with yet, since all of the smart parts use a utility class that handles the action group firing and staging.

It's my hope that I'll have a fix for it sometime this weekend. Keep an eye on the smart parts thread Smart Parts. Once I get it fixed and tested I'll probably end up posting a hotfix over there to tide everyone over until the next full release.

Thanks for the report!

dtobi, I pm'd you about the usage of your tank textures with stretchySRBs :)

Yes, right. I'd rather give you another texture than the texture of the SSE pack. In general, only the code of the SSE pack may be redistributed not the textures and models. Keep the texture in your pack for now and let's talk about providing a better one (without the black stripes).

Yes, right. I'd rather give you another texture than the texture of the SSE pack. In general, only the code of the SSE pack may be redistributed not the textures and models. Keep the texture in your pack for now and let's talk about providing a better one (without the black stripes).

Thank you very much :)

Also I like the new engine. Wasn't the RS-25's pipe going down red?

The red parts are just the protective covers. Its all removed before launch. The only bit of color is the "Caution / Do not crush insulation" text, as far as I know. Actually, the thickness of the pipes seems to differ from version to version.

eande-ss-rs25-full-980x653.jpg

20060711-iss013e47643.jpg

dtobi, loving the mod, but i was wondering if the adding of the fuel detection on the tanks was needed? i like it but i'm not sure if when it detects, or if its a cause of my lag in the VAB (only get lag once i use more than 3-4 tanks stacked together in VAB, but never happens with other crafts with more parts). is there a way to disable it as well? might help me out a bit since i barely use the detection though it is an awesome tool for automated burns :)

Great mod, I am really enjoying this one. My main version of KSP is using RealFuels and FAR... Is this currently compatible? and if not,,,,,, has anyone created the .cfg files or have any templates and ideas that I could try to use to build compatiblity.

Sorry if this has been covered in the previous pages, I scanned and searched, but only found same question(s) and no definitive answer.

thanks in advance. and again, great mod....

And, @acc, man great looking ship. is that craft file available for us mere mortals who are stumbling about building shuttle variants ??????

DrTedAstro

I think the new SSME has the wrong alignment:

http://i.imgur.com/VphAYbd.png

So it's confusing the pitch trim, because down is up and up is down :D

But still looks awesome:

http://i.imgur.com/4OszzVe.png

O.O how did you get the engines not to clip like that!

also where are those wings from?

(oh i've made a HL (hl body and cargobay) shuttle that is safer to fly than my KSO insipiered shuttle XD it's bigger thant the runway!!)

Managed an awesome launch, was very excited... but simply cannot land the shuttle itself (with FAR) :(

Make sure that you transfer most or all of the fuel to the front of the shuttle before reentry.

The new engine looks great.

I'd like to request a hollow tube version of the external intertank, so I can stick some electronics in there like the real thing.

Can you link to a picture as reference?

Cheers!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.