PorkWorks dev thread [Habitat Pack] [SpaceplanePlus]

Porkjet

Habitats seem to work still. I'm in the middle of upgrading the Inflato1. It was my very first KSP part and boy, I actually learned a thing or two since then so I'm improving it a bit, redoing the texture and remade the bottom end cap.

Also, love the new flag decal option!!! Should hopefully be easy to update some of my parts to have that!. Imagine a huge decal of your flag on the big inflato... that would be nice!

Habitats seem to work still. I'm in the middle of upgrading the Inflato1. It was my very first KSP part and boy, I actually learned a thing or two since then so I'm improving it a bit, redoing the texture and remade the bottom end cap.

Also, love the new flag decal option!!! Should hopefully be easy to update some of my parts to have that!. Imagine a huge decal of your flag on the big inflato... that would be nice!

Will you then also make an version of the big inflato with 2.5m endcaps? That's a thing that I've found myself needing many times.

- - - Updated - - -

Will you then also make an version of the big inflato with 2.5m endcaps? That's a thing that I've found myself needing many times.

Sortof. I've made an 2.5meter end but it looked really weird. You know, when deflated, it would totally stick out and look all weird. Instead i had a really cool idea and just made that end cap even smaller, so that its completely flush with the inflatable part. If you attach 2.5 meter parts they connect flush with the hab and it looks really good. It even looks ok with 3.75m parts!!! Theres only a small gap. So this is a solution that really works with parts of any size. Love it when things work out like that.

Sortof. I've made an 2.5meter end but it looked really weird. You know, when deflated, it would totally stick out and look all weird. Instead i had a really cool idea and just made that end cap even smaller, so that its completely flush with the inflatable part. If you attach 2.5 meter parts they connect flush with the hab and it looks really good. It even looks ok with 3.75m parts!!! Theres only a small gap. So this is a solution that really works with parts of any size. Love it when things work out like that.

Cool! Can't wait for it.

Hate to say but flag decals have been with us over a year. I might even have asked about them here before...

;)

Either you're missing the Firespitter plugin (FSAnimateGeneric to be precise) or the Firespitter plugin is not compatible with 0.23.5. (which probably just means it needs recompiling for 0.23.5)

Yup that's it. You just need the Firespitter plugin and you're Good To Go. Works fine in 0.23.5

Thanks, that fixed it. I was actually wondering why I had firespitter in my old install.

Sounds great! But will it break existing saves using the existing version?

Yes! Unfortunetely. Don't start new saves with the current version.

In that case I respectfully request that you turn the new version into a "new" part (i.e. change the internal name). That way those of us who have long-running saves (mine is from 0.20) can use both parts by copying the old version from an older release. Kethane did this with the radial drils for example which I much appreciated as it meant I didn't have to scrap my mining complex on Minmus.

All I did was rename the mod folder to HabitatPack. If you want to continue your old save just name it back to PorkWorks. I'll also add this information to the download page. With .23.5 I expect most people start a new save so it's ok to do this.

All I did was rename the mod folder to HabitatPack. If you want to continue your old save just name it back to PorkWorks. I'll also add this information to the download page. With .23.5 I expect most people start a new save so it's ok to do this.

Is it still possible to continue the old save with the new version, if there aren't any parts in use? I have your mods installed but haven't actually used any of them yet in flight.

Is it still possible to continue the old save with the new version, if there aren't any parts in use? I have your mods installed but haven't actually used any of them yet in flight.

If no parts are in flight, there shouldn't be a problem.

Any plans on making the Spaceplane Plus parts FAR-friendly? (FAR seems to cut out entirely when using a plane built out of these parts -- I'm assuming they're using the Firespitter flight/lift/drag functionality?)

Hey Pork can you tell if if a 3.25mtr centrifuge would be implemented?

I had a 2.5meter version in mind for a long time. But it also could become a 3.75m based one maybe.

Any plans on making the Spaceplane Plus parts FAR-friendly? (FAR seems to cut out entirely when using a plane built out of these parts -- I'm assuming they're using the Firespitter flight/lift/drag functionality?)

Yes I will make them FAR friendly when they're finished.

hey Porkjet, Why do the MK2 parts have the winglet code in them? they should just be parts right?

I'm simulating body lift with that. It makes sense and works decently well to me. Will include a patch for FAR that removes it since FAR apparently simulates it properly.

Is it possible we could get an alternate centrifuge and/or inflato-habitat without the airlock? I'm sure I'm not the only person out there who uses "ship manifest", and all the extra space those airlocks lake up really messes with my builds. Also now with ARM, 3.75 meter habitats would be pretty awesome.

Edit - I also use the orb resized to half it's size for a soyuz module, can we get a half size IVA? Probably a long shot, but you know what they say: if you don't ask....

Edited by Gryphorim

I was actually thinking about the redesigned hab rather then the renamed directory. Did I misunderstand that you had a new version of the large hab which replaced the 1.25m node with a flater, 2.5m node? If so, my bad.

Oh yea you understood it correctly, it shouldnt cause any problems with your saves tho. Maybe there's a little gap between it and the attached part but that's just a cosmetic thing, the vessel will still load and function normally.