Have YOU ever had a Kraken attack?

CrazedGunman502

Have you ever experinced a Kraken attack?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever experinced a Kraken attack?

• Yes
    • No
    • I am the Kraken.

I'm a plugin developer. Summoning the Kraken is a daily event.

I've seen rocket randomly explode, collapse in on themselves, wibble-wobble into the sky and break, and on one occasion, caused a Mun lander to do a perfect backflip after loading on the Munar surface.

I've come back to find my Apollo style lander was a field of debris. I also have a vessel tip over and explode, but that was because I engaged 2x warp to help a kerbal walk faster and apparently the lander didn't like that.

Here though is the best one. My sample return system was able to return my science stuff safely after orbit. My kerbal had gotten out of his pod and was recovered after collecting a soil sample. I then used the observatory to go back to the remaining inert vessels at the landing site (I wasn't sure at that time if clicking recover from the observatory would get you the science). And this happened.

fbsbGUE.gif

Most frustrating one for me, going in for a Mün landing (one of my very early ones), figure "Oh, I'd better quick save just in case", ship rolls over on landing, reload quicksave, and the landing legs fall off, EVERY SINGLE RELOAD.... argh!

I've had the occasional lifter just lift itself up through my payload and then decide, about halfway up through it, that collision detection would be a good thing to do right about now.

I've also had Kerbal Attachment System just explode things at random when I connect them. Lay down pylon, attach pipe, KABOOM.

Most frustrating one for me, going in for a Mün landing (one of my very early ones), figure "Oh, I'd better quick save just in case", ship rolls over on landing, reload quicksave, and the landing legs fall off, EVERY SINGLE RELOAD.... argh!

I've had that so much that I - as a rule - retract EVERYTHING before hitting quicksave.

I once had a kraken attack in this version. I launched a small probe designed to finish Allmhuran's tech tree, got it to Jool fine. Got it to Laythe fine. Got it to Vall, and this happened:

1450841_688194437866241_555488838_n.jpg

Even this image does not do the event justice. The probe was wobbling at a frequency of about 10Hz, and the solar panel fragments weren't gently floating away, they were stuck some 10 to 20m out, and vibrating with the craft.

I've had this EXACT same thing happen. I think it was .20, ended up just having to land the thing on the engine =P

In 0.22 career mode, I sent Jeb to flyby Duna and Bill to flyby Eve. As the windows and travel times worked out, both were homeward bound with Jeb due to arrive several days before Bill. The whole time, I'd been switching back and forth between the 2 ships as needed. Anyway, Jeb arrived at Kerbin so I brought him down and recovered him safely. Then I switched back to Bill. As soon as I did, the Kraken grabbed his ship and carried off into intergalactic space in the blink of an eye. I figure (and sincerely hope) that Bill's speed and altitude records will stand for all time, because I don't want to have this happen again :).

IDDdKtr.jpg

I once had a kraken attack in this version. I launched a small probe designed to finish Allmhuran's tech tree, got it to Jool fine. Got it to Laythe fine. Got it to Vall, and this happened:

Even this image does not do the event justice. The probe was wobbling at a frequency of about 10Hz, and the solar panel fragments weren't gently floating away, they were stuck some 10 to 20m out, and vibrating with the craft.

Sounds just like mine, although it was the structural part of a station. And it happened recently, like a week ago. My particular craft seems inherently unstable - I've managed to do the same thing with physical time acceleration a few times. Maybe I need to be sending smaller pieces up.

In 0.22 career mode, I sent Jeb to flyby Duna and Bill to flyby Eve. As the windows and travel times worked out, both were homeward bound with Jeb due to arrive several days before Bill. The whole time, I'd been switching back and forth between the 2 ships as needed. Anyway, Jeb arrived at Kerbin so I brought him down and recovered him safely. Then I switched back to Bill. As soon as I did, the Kraken grabbed his ship and carried off into intergalactic space in the blink of an eye. I figure (and sincerely hope) that Bill's speed and altitude records will stand for all time, because I don't want to have this happen again :).

I dread this happening to me. So far I've not lost a single Kerbal. I do have a few guys "manning" the depot around Moho, waiting for a fuel shipment, and a colony on eve, but no one dead/unreturnable.

I dread this happening to me. So far I've not lost a single Kerbal. I do have a few guys "manning" the depot around Moho, waiting for a fuel shipment, and a colony on eve, but no one dead/unreturnable.

But you've got black "dead Kerbal" stripes in your sig ribbons for Kerbin, Mun, and Tylo :).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.