[0.23]asmi's ECLSS Mod (current version - 1.0.15) - Life Support Mod

asmi

All right, no worries. It was worth a shot asking. I'm guessing the mods you had installed have changed slightly due to your 0.23.5 compatible re-install so asking of a list of what you had installed to see if I could reproduce it myself might be futile. Like a few others I haven't hit a bug with it , though my install is pretty heavily modded too. It's possible the other mods somehow worked around it on my install (I have a pseudo hack up of BTSM and RPL in mine, for example).

I was just curious because asmii had put decent debug comments through key points in the code so you can more or less track where it might have broken down.

I'm guessing the bail out death you were experiencing was consistent regardless of what ship/pod you were EVAing out of versus being a pseudo-random thing?

To those using this mod up to date: it's been a long time since I checked, but was there any headway in fixing the "Cannot terminate mission"/"Unable to close certain windows" bug?

I think Asmi was postponing his fixes until the release of ECLSS 2.0, just so he didn't waste time patching something that was soon going to be obsolete :\

But community patches - no idea.

Given Asmi's personal situation, he might agree to hand off the mod to someone else for the time being. I lack the necessary skills, but I think that a good enough coder could fix the bugs and release ECLSS 2.0.

Given Asmi's personal situation, he might agree to hand off the mod to someone else for the time being. I lack the necessary skills, but I think that a good enough coder could fix the bugs and release ECLSS 2.0.

I have been thinking the same thing, but was trying to find a way to express the idea given the situation.

hmmm will this some day come with smaller tanks?

There is a "fan patch" in this thread that both alters the gas values and reduces the tank sizes substantially. Unfortunately, you'll still have the current glitches.

This mod will reduce the tank size and rebalance the capacities to be closer to real world physics.

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2014/01/02/mod-eclss-rebalancer/

There is also the Universal Storage mod which will include an ECLSS pack (to be released soon)

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2014/04/04/universal-storage/

I've managed to fix the EVA bug. Now I just need to update notifications & map view GUI to take other resources into account - and it will be done deal.

Waiting on v2.0 as well..

For any who are interested and can compile the code, the jittery kerbals seemed to be related to KSP not liking public const values for whatever reason. Swap them out for non-const variables (or I suppose readonly fields), and the tracking station-> kerbal octupii horror seems to disappear.

I haven't tried kerbals on EVA in space yet. Just EVA'd on the launch pad.

Picked that fix out of the FAR thread from a similar looking nullexception spam bug report where a.g. suggested a fix . Tried it out on asmi's code on a whim.

If anyone else can compile the code .NET 4.0 to verify, please feel free. I set most of the constants to static readonly or simply basic variables to test. I'm still running .NET 3.5 Visual Studio (slowly downloading VS Express 2012)so I had to tweak the code a little to get it compile for me. I don't know exactly if it was related to the public constant handling bug in KSP or something else I did to "downgrade" to 3.5. I do suspect it is the public constants because my downgrade tweaks weren't anything particularly special.

Edited by Ikkaku
Okay. Changed up a word that apparently was censored.

• 2 weeks later...
This mod will reduce the tank size and rebalance the capacities to be closer to real world physics.

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2014/01/02/mod-eclss-rebalancer/

There is also the Universal Storage mod which will include an ECLSS pack (to be released soon)

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/2014/04/04/universal-storage/

Corrected link

http://www.kingtiger.co.uk/kingtiger/wordpress/eclss-rebalancer/

I think im gonna switch to this from TAc i was using until now.

Tac complicates things a bit to much for me. You cant just simply add some regenerator part tac, food cant be regenerated unless you use some mod like biomass. When you want to send some kerbals to longer tirp you have haul TONS of supplies. Its not fun when most of weight of your ship are supplies.

So, mod with higher level of abstraction, with one simple lifesupport resource seems better for me.

However, i think there shoudl be more regenerators, to make more efficient closed systems later in game.

Greenouse model from biomass woudl be perfect for this. I might do some module manager file that adds eclss regenerator functionality to it, but what shoudl be its sonfig values to make itfit nicely progression pace?

Mass, electric requirements, conversion rate, tech tree node, thats what i woudl need.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all just wanted to post a bug (well maybe it;s a bug) i encountered regarding EVA and mono propellant.....when exiting a pod for the first time you take available mono propellant (say 15 units) from that pod but when you return to the pod you do not return the remaining mono to the pod it gets lost....if you do not have other tanks with mono propellant other then in the pod then the poor kerbal is in serious trouble hope some one can fix this (or maybe it's just my ksp configuration of mods)

hello all just wanted to post a bug (well maybe it;s a bug) i encountered regarding EVA and mono propellant.....when exiting a pod for the first time you take available mono propellant (say 15 units) from that pod but when you return to the pod you do not return the remaining mono to the pod it gets lost....if you do not have other tanks with mono propellant other then in the pod then the poor kerbal is in serious trouble hope some one can fix this (or maybe it's just my ksp configuration of mods)

That's an oooollld bug - it's apparently been fixed in V2 but due to Asmi's situation it hasn't been released.

You can find a part's name by opening its cfg and seeing what is after name =

Assuming you have Module Manager (you should), create a new file in whatever folder you want (presumably LifeSupport), call it KSO.cfg, and add this to it

550 units is one kerbal-day; if you have >1 crew person, or want >1 day of oxygen, or both, increase it.

@PART[whatever_the_part_name_is]
{
RESOURCE
{
name = Oxygen
amount = 550
maxAmount = 550
}
}

That's an oooollld bug - it's apparently been fixed in V2 but due to Asmi's situation it hasn't been released.

oh ok haven't been from the beginning i;am new here anyway thx for the info :)

Is there any possibility to reduce the fps drop after a few Vehicles are launched?

Its about from 60 fps down to 20 fps after getting 10 Spaceships into orbit.

In my save with 39 active flights there are only 3 fps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
any news on eclss 2.0? :)

The dev has had to halt work on the mod due to personal commitments outside his control.

Hopefully there will be a positive resolution and he'll be able to return to work, but we don't know when that will be.

What would be the recommended companion mod to allow for resupply in-situ? If I want to setup either a colony or even a manned kethane base, I'm going to need to find a way to supply the kerbals with O2. I was thinking that the way to do this was to find and "mine" water, to be split into O2 and H. I was unsure what mod would be recommended to add water mining. Kethane Plus maybe?

Edit: Thread searching found me the MM cfg that allows making O2 from Kethane, makes sense I guess, but if anyone has an idea for a companion mod let me know.

Edited by rottielover