[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

err.. ship the rocketparts up to your constrution site? or, as has been discussed in the last few pages, use MKS and a Modulemanager file! (which I will now shut up about. don't want to spam about this)

Hi all. 1st post here but i wanted to know how that MM file works. I REEEEALLY want EPL to run and let me build ships ON SITE with ore or anything equivalent but as im opting to use Karbonite this seems to bring challenges there. So which folder do i drop the EL-MKS cfg file? At the moment i have it in GameData but wasnt sure if thats right.

Edit- i forgot to mention i AM running MKS with TAC 0.9 and hey how the heck do i put up an avatar?

Edited by Jagzeplin

Hi all. 1st post here but i wanted to know how that MM file works. I REEEEALLY want EPL to run and let me build ships ON SITE with ore or anything equivalent but as im opting to use Karbonite this seems to bring challenges there. So which folder do i drop the EL-MKS cfg file? At the moment i have it in GameData but wasnt sure if thats right.

Edit- i forgot to mention i AM running MKS with TAC 0.9 and hey how the heck do i put up an avatar?

I am not 100% certain it'll work straight form the gamedata folder (I'll test later, once I'm done packing for holiday), but it'll certainly work from any random folder. if you want to keep it near where it's relevant. put it in Extraplanetarylaunchpads or umbra space industries. but the location shouldn't matter.

I am not 100% certain it'll work straight form the gamedata folder (I'll test later, once I'm done packing for holiday), but it'll certainly work from any random folder. if you want to keep it near where it's relevant. put it in Extraplanetarylaunchpads or umbra space industries. but the location shouldn't matter.

Keep in mind that Carcharhinidae's MM config doesn't 'fix EPL,' rather it lets you make rocketparts through MKS/OKS with their metal. If you have an extensive EPL infrastructure with drills, smelters, and workshops, those will still be broken. Well, the workshops will work fine for turning rocketparts into rockets, but they won't be able to turn metal into rocketparts. So it's not so much as a 'fix for EPL' as a 'compatability patch for MKS and EPL.'

The flipside is, of course, that his patch will still be perfectly useful once Taniwha gets around to releasing the fixed Kethane dll, and is almost enough to interest me into finally installing a life support mod.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up. Damn I kinda liked the smelter thing but i guess i can learn how to make rocketparts with MKS. Yeah life support makes for more challenge and planning but i love it. I started using FAR for the same reason. Now it really feels like im flying realistic, aerodynamic rockets and planes.

The smelters (Ore->Metal, ScrapMetal->Metal) and RocketParts converts (Metal->RocketParts) are both KethaneConverter. There's nothing stopping anybody from MMing something else in.

No worries. At least I could tell you were trying to be informative, though you did miss on the Metal->RocketParts conversion (I think everybody forgets that too is thanks to Kethane).

Thanks for keeping up EPL Taniwha (its an awesome mod that i dont like to play without!) +Rep to you :)

On that note of a MM config , i wrote a quick one that lets you use the ExWorkshop to convert Metal--> Rocketparts, this uses the Converter from Karbonite, if someone is useing that instead of Kethane.

On that note: I belive Roverdude used a slightly modified version of this (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87700-0-24-Generic-Resource-Converter-v1-0) for Karbonite,(Universal Storage uses it too) Might be something to look into if you wanted to make EPL without any dependencies.

Module Manager Karbonite Config for EPL Rocketparts

EDIT: (Deleted Config as its from an older DEV version of Carbonite, working on a new one now)

Edited by rabidninjawombat

Thanks for keeping up EPL Taniwha (its an awesome mod that i dont like to play without!) +Rep to you :)

On that note of a MM config , i wrote a quick one that lets you use the ExWorkshop to convert Metal--> Rocketparts, this uses the Converter from Karbonite, if someone is useing that instead of Kethane.

On that note: I belive Roverdude used a slightly modified version of this (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/87700-0-24-Generic-Resource-Converter-v1-0) for Karbonite,(Universal Storage uses it too) Might be something to look into if you wanted to make EPL without any dependencies.

Module Manager Karbonite Config for EPL Rocketparts

EDIT: Added in bahamuto's Rocketparts printer for good measure.

@PART[baha3dprinter]
{
MODULE
{
name = KarboniteResourceConverter
deactivateIfFull = true
deactivateIfEmpty = false
displayName = Rocket Parts Conversion
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 10
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
rate = .5
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
rate = .07
}
}
}

@PART[RocketBuilder]
{
MODULE
{
deactivateIfFull = true
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 10
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
rate = .5
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
rate = 0.7
}
}
}

@PART[ExWorkshop]
{
MODULE
{
deactivateIfFull = true
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = ElectricCharge
rate = 10
}
INPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = Metal
rate = .5
}
OUTPUT_RESOURCE
{
name = RocketParts
rate = 0.7
}
}
}

Would using this interfere with Carcharhinidae's EL-MKS-MM.cfg? Should i delete that one?

Edited by Jagzeplin

I was given permission by Majiir to release patched dll's of kethane. Details and links can be found here.

yay, so that means EL update will also come soon :D The good thing that came out of this is I started compiling for myself all the essential plugins XD so take your time :3

after a day of frustration i can conclude that this mod is broken. At least for me it is... I am trying to make a mun base, using the launchpad. When i load it up at first it works, but after i switch vessels a few times it stops working. The progress bar is just stuck at zero. It wont go up, no progress. It does have all the resources it needs, and is landed on the mun. Could it be a mod conflict problem? I'm using version 4.2.2 of the mod in ksp 0.24 64 bit.

avsnoopy epl is not broken. u doing what most who not doing something right complain about.

1 u need kerbals in the base to construct the rocket. also enough work stations to contrcuti in in decent time

2. if seems like a mod not working like any computer age gamer u need to learn to look at the games error logs to provide info to the modder.

3. blame yourself before u blame mod. most time its people changeing stuff that breaks mods. if it was working before but suddenly stoped working that means u did something the mod dont change itself.

avsnoopy epl is not broken. u doing what most who not doing something right complain about.

1 u need kerbals in the base to construct the rocket. also enough work stations to contrcuti in in decent time

2. if seems like a mod not working like any computer age gamer u need to learn to look at the games error logs to provide info to the modder.

3. blame yourself before u blame mod. most time its people changeing stuff that breaks mods. if it was working before but suddenly stoped working that means u did something the mod dont change itself.

Okay okay, i get it i'm stupid. But if you wouldn't mind i would like to ask some questions. My setup has everything separate(small rovers transport my resources) do things NEED to be connected for it to work? and about the kerbals, How does that work? will having a nearby workshop with kerbals in it work or do i need to connect it somehow?

So I have seen someone else post a few pages back but it got no response, but there is a huge bug with the smelters (playing on 0.24.2 with no other mods).

First in the VAB when you mouse over the any of the smelters it expands and zooms to huge sizes and off the screen:

iFuak7p.jpg

And then you go to launch it transforms into part of the drill and stays like that when you return to the VAB:

OGUtleL.jpg

I don't know what's going on with the second screenshot, but the first is a known KSP bug that is triggered by parts with 3 or more resources and no partmodule. I refuse to work around it as I'm trying to push Squad to fix their bug. However, there is a workaround you can use now: install Kethane. Kethane provides the module the smelter needs and the problem will go away.

I'm having a weird issue when I go to launch a rocket from a pad. For almost every rocket I make, when it finishes the build it will go right to the pad and not allow me to swap ships (with [ and ]), or control anything on the ship. However if I go to the space center, and come back the new ship is till there, but it crashes into the launchpad. However, if I make a little dinky ship with only a few parts, I get the "give resources" screen and can actually fly off. Anyone have any ideas?

Would using this interfere with Carcharhinidae's EL-MKS-MM.cfg? Should i delete that one?
Given that each one modifies different parts, I'm pretty sure they'll play nice together. It would be good programming practice to add ":NEEDS[Karbonite]" to the end of the "@PART" lines in rabidninjawombat's, though. Otherwise bad things could happen if you tried to play with that config but without Karbonite installed (Edit: or at least I think they could). Edited by Adamantium9001

ok thanks. im definitely a noob in that area as i wouldnt even know how to write a config. i guess i copy and paste his code into a text file and then change its extension to .cfg right? ill check after posting this...

Edit- yep that was it. sorry for ignorance :D

Edited by Jagzeplin

Given that each one modifies different parts, I'm pretty sure they'll play nice together. It would be good programming practice to add ":NEEDS[Karbonite]" to the end of the "@PART" lines in rabidninjawombat's, though. Otherwise bad things could happen if you tried to play with that config but without Karbonite installed (Edit: or at least I think they could).

Thanks :) I'll edit the config, Usually i belive Module manager should just ignore a config when it cant find the part name, but its still good practice to use that tag.

And yup Jagzeplin, both are good to use together.

Okay okay, i get it i'm stupid. But if you wouldn't mind i would like to ask some questions. My setup has everything separate(small rovers transport my resources) do things NEED to be connected for it to work? and about the kerbals, How does that work? will having a nearby workshop with kerbals in it work or do i need to connect it somehow?

At the very least the workshop should be connected to the pad. Along with the RocketParts and any fuel the new ship needs.

At the very least the workshop should be connected to the pad. Along with the RocketParts and any fuel the new ship needs.

Okay, well. i think i have resolved the issue. The launchpad has to have a workshop(hitchhiker pod, science pod, command module) attached to it to function after its initial focus. I think that's quite weird but i'm just going to roll with it as i'm happy I finally have it working.

The pad is just a place to build a ship. You need kerbals to do the actual building, thus the workshops. Needing to be connected is because that's the easiest way to do something like that in KSP.

There may be an issue with the launch pad part (the one which looks like a big T when folded, made by Bagel, cost 1250, mass 5t, ...), the spawn point of vessel is wrong and even small ships collide with the "base" behind the launchpad or the launchpad itself.

KSP 0.23.5 with EL 4.1.2 (not sure, launchpad.dll version is 1.0.5216.19985 from 13/04/2014 11:06).

Justin Kerbice: probably. Try adding the line "SpawnHeightOffset = 1.5" to the ExLaunchPad MODULE node. The 1.5 is a "random" number, so it will need adjusting to get things just right.

As a bit of news, I got KAE working properly so an updated EL should be coming soon.

Hey everyone,

I'm having some trouble with the Expanding containers apparently being vacuum/atmosphere intolerant, as every time I get to 6000km during lift-off the part disappears, and the camera drops down below the ship, as if it's desynced or something (Not that that'd make sense in a singleplayer offline game). Obviously this is kind of a problem since I rather need them to actually get anywhere (Using Interstellar tech tree, and haven't unlocked any other relevant containers, assuming they exist). I -am- using KSP version 0.24.2 32bit (64bit crashes whenever I enter the VAB, for whatever reason), so that might be it, but a little lost. Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Professor Dey

okay I give up, I use 4.2.2 on kerbal 0.24.2 and I have no clue how to build a ship, I attached a workshop to the landing pad2 and 2 hitchhiker containers the kerbal workshop from the command module tab has no place for kerbals, and no matter how many I atttach or how many kerbals I add they wont build anything in days, what am I doing wrong? Q_Q is it the progressive build thing I clicked at the start of the campaign? T_T the workshop says it has a crew capacity of 0 , if it helps it IS able to convert metal to ship parts :<

started a new game and turned progressive building off, sorry for wasting time but I really wished what it do, I wouldn't have clicked it if I knew this could happen XD

Edited by Fylas