[1.12] Extraplanetary Launchpads v6.99.3

taniwha

What is the bare minimum requirement (lightest) in order to be able to build something on another planet's surface?

As smjjames pointed out: survey station (hitchhiker can is both survey station and workshop), stake, mallet, kerbal (level-1 engineer (because the hitchhiker can is not fully equipped)), and sufficient rocket parts to get you going (enough to build a smelter+drill+workbench and any necessary connector ports). This is how I start all my bases.

You'd need the kerbal to be in the survey station too I think, fairly sure they don't work uncrewed. What happened to robotic construction in the end?

For surveying, unmanned works, but building requires kerbals on board (but since you need a kerbal to plant the stakes...). Robotic construction is still planned, I just haven't had the time for it.

Will the 64-bit version be supported? I have a ton of issues if I run 32-bit KSP and I am missing my EPL right now as it does not seem to work :(

I use EL in 64-bit KSP... on linux :). However, should Unity 5 bring a stable 64-bit KSP to windows, EL will once again support it.

I use EL in 64-bit KSP... on linux :). However, should Unity 5 bring a stable 64-bit KSP to windows, EL will once again support it.

Weird, mine will not show the UI anymore after I went to 64-bit... But great to hear that you will go full support on a future KSP. Super work!

I have a problem, I can't open the GUI. Whether I right click the launchpad, or look at the top right, not even Toolbar gives me an Extraplanetary Launchpads button. Does it have to do with the Kerbals? I have two command pods with 0.25 productivity factor and I have kerbals in the Launchpad (because apparently they can go there?) I also have the rocket workshop which has a productivity factor of 1. I even have rocket parts, I just can't open the Launchpad GUI! I checked my Gamedata and all sub-folders for multiple copies of the KSPAPIExtensions.ddl, and I kept ONE copy of the latest version and removed the rest.

SxuijGL.png

N3lKeNi.png

I have a problem, I can't open the GUI. Whether I right click the launchpad, or look at the top right, not even Toolbar gives me an Extraplanetary Launchpads button. Does it have to do with the Kerbals? I have two command pods with 0.25 productivity factor and I have kerbals in the Launchpad (because apparently they can go there?) I also have the rocket workshop which has a productivity factor of 1. I even have rocket parts, I just can't open the Launchpad GUI! I checked my Gamedata and all sub-folders for multiple copies of the KSPAPIExtensions.ddl, and I kept ONE copy of the latest version and removed the rest.

http://i.imgur.com/SxuijGL.png

http://i.imgur.com/N3lKeNi.png

Honestly it sounds like an installation issue. You really shouldn't be removing files (or need to). A screenshot of your gamedata folder is a good place to start.

Honestly it sounds like an installation issue. You really shouldn't be removing files (or need to). A screenshot of your gamedata folder is a good place to start.

Now I'm confused. I was told to only have one KSPAPIExtentions.dll because multiples can cause problems. And now I need to keep them all? And to install the mod you put the EL folder in GameData. It can't be an installation issue as all I had to do was that. But, I'll still show a picture of it.

BjYQjas.png

Now I'm confused. I was told to only have one KSPAPIExtentions.dll because multiples can cause problems. And now I need to keep them all? And to install the mod you put the EL folder in GameData. It can't be an installation issue as all I had to do was that. But, I'll still show a picture of it.

http://i.imgur.com/BjYQjas.png

I've not heard that. I checked and I have 2, one in EL and one in infernal robotics. And I have never had an issue with either mod.

In fact from the KSPAPIextensions thread:

• Include the DLL in your install in a subdirectory of GameData, not in the root, preferably alongside your own DLL.

Which would seem to indicate multiple copies of the DLL are not a problem if modders are requested to put it in their own mod folders rather than from a central location.

My general rule is to not much with modders folder structure or files, as they generally put stuff there in a certain place for good reason.

I've not heard that. I checked and I have 2, one in EL and one in infernal robotics. And I have never had an issue with either mod.

In fact from the KSPAPIextensions thread:

Which would seem to indicate multiple copies of the DLL are not a problem if modders are requested to put it in their own mod folders rather than from a central location.

My general rule is to not much with modders folder structure or files, as they generally put stuff there in a certain place for good reason.

Oh, ok. But EL's DLL was in its EL folder, not in a separate folder.

Ok, hang on, I was having this problem BEFORE I removed the other DLL's, ok? I was trying everything I could, because I need to get this GUI working! (Well, as a common Human mistake, we don't NEED it, we just want it so bad we think we need it :P ) So, any solutions? Move the DLL to it's own separate folder? Just reinstall EL with the DLL in the EL folder? And what if I get the problem again? Meanwhile, I'll try to get the removed ones back.

Oh, ok. But EL's DLL was in its EL folder, not in a separate folder.

Ok, hang on, I was having this problem BEFORE I removed the other DLL's, ok? I was trying everything I could, because I need to get this GUI working! (Well, as a common Human mistake, we don't NEED it, we just want it so bad we think we need it :P ) So, any solutions? Move the DLL to it's own separate folder? Just reinstall EL with the DLL in the EL folder? And what if I get the problem again? Meanwhile, I'll try to get the removed ones back.

I'm not sure what is causing your issue but definitely don't start moving DLL's around.

I've reinstalled all the mods that had A KSPAPIExtensions.dll, and I didn't move any Dll's, and the problem is still occurring. :(

Well you have a lot of mods. I would suggest making a clean copy of KSP and install just EL and toolbar and verify it works and then go from there.

this is a excellent mod, now I have plans to make a launchpad in Laythe (in the Sandbox mode i have already one), which brings me to a suggestion.

Refurbishment module: is a part which allows re-use of parts of a ship, an example would be my heavy lift aircraft, it uses a rocket and jet engines for takeoff. when the rockets run out of fuel, these are decoupled and they fall with a parachute to Re-use later.With the repairs module the aircraft rockets can be mounted again and with a lower cost of rocket parts than Re-assembling the entire plane again.

I hope it's a useful suggestion ...

if I wrote something wrong, let me know.

Shark4558: that is an interesting idea, but it would require me to get part-by-part building working (it's really the same thing, but starting later in the build). I would also need to work out a fairly good mechanic for initiating the refurbishment.

SmashingKirby148: I doubt that it is the cause, but you should delete the older versions of ModuleManager. The version voting mechanism has not worked properly since ksp 0.24 or 0.25 (due to changes in Unity).

However, there is one "mod" with which EL definitely is antagonistic: 64-bit KSP on Windows (it works very well with 64-bit KSP on Linux, though: that is where EL is developed).

Well you have a lot of mods. I would suggest making a clean copy of KSP and install just EL and toolbar and verify it works and then go from there.

Ok, I removed the KSP directory from my desktop (moved it to Steam since I got it from Steam) and removed all mods, and reinstalled those two. Still the same problem. :(

- - - Updated - - -

SmashingKirby148: I doubt that it is the cause, but you should delete the older versions of ModuleManager. The version voting mechanism has not worked properly since ksp 0.24 or 0.25 (due to changes in Unity).

However, there is one "mod" with which EL definitely is antagonistic: 64-bit KSP on Windows (it works very well with 64-bit KSP on Linux, though: that is where EL is developed).

Ok, first, thank you for coming to help. :D

Ok, I'll try getting the new module manager.

....Wait, really? 64-bit can break EL?..... huh. Never actually knew that! I thought I managed to get it before though on 64-bit.... but apparently not... Ok, I'll try both. Thank you in advance. :D

- - - Updated - - -

Wow! It actually worked! Thank you taniwha! :D

I run 64bit KSP because the 32bit will not run with more than a few mods (5-10), but I can't use EPL on this install. Is KSP just broken beyond repair with the memory BS? It's the only game I have ever played that loads up any and every texture and config into memory, who programs this stuff? The 32bit will not even finish loading at startup, and the 64-bit crashes every 30-50 minutes as well.

I'm tearing my hair out over the experience system. I have two engineers in the blue workshop, 1-star and 4-star, but my vessel productivity is -0.9. Both are kind of high in stupidity, but still, you'd think 4 stars of experience would count for something.

I'm tearing my hair out over the experience system. I have two engineers in the blue workshop, 1-star and 4-star, but my vessel productivity is -0.9. Both are kind of high in stupidity, but still, you'd think 4 stars of experience would count for something.

Stupidity actually counts a lot. It's even worse if they are stupid and extremely brave. There was a chart earlier in this post.

I sent out an outpost to Duna, where I would then build parts and expand a colony using this mod, but when I finally landed my outpost the one thing that I sent it out to use did not work. I have the drill, mined the metal ore, turned that into metal then that into ship parts, I have 8 kerbals in the outpost and when I attempted to build a rover on the launchpad it did not work and showed 0 productivity, am I doing something wrong? There was also no blue workshop part for me to use, is there an addon to add that or did I screw up?

EDIT: Forget everything I said I found the problem, I was just installing it wrong...

Edited by Misteree