[1.12.x] KSP Alternate Resource Panel v2.11.0.0 (April 10)

TriggerAu

Have to signal that some resources with Real Fuels have changed name, and I foresee the need to reflect those changes within KSP ARP (probably with the icon names, if not else). Here a brief but exhaustive list.

Darn. Thats gonna make it fun - might have to have icons for the old and new names - or some form of lookup. WIll put it on the list.

Thanks

I'm having a bug where multiple copies of the panel show up in the stock toolbar. Anyone else with a similar issue?

I'm having this exact same problem. I haven't had a chance to play 0.25 much, so I'm just now getting set for a fresh career playthrough. Clean installs of latest versions of x86 KSP, ARP, and every other mod. I set your button to replace the stock resource button, and at first it worked like a charm. But sometimes after scene changes or loading a different save it gets a little quirky. Sometimes Squad's button comes back and yours goes back to the left side of the bar, but in the settings it's still marked to replace Squad's. Sometimes there are two copies of your button. Can't figure a pattern, but it only seems to happen on scene changes and loads when yours is marked to replace the stock button.

I'm not on my own computer right now, but I can upload my log next time it happens. Or answer any other questions that might help.

Sometimes Squad's button comes back and yours goes back to the left side of the bar, but in the settings it's still marked to replace Squad's. Sometimes there are two copies of your button. Can't figure a pattern, but it only seems to happen on scene changes and loads when yours is marked to replace the stock button.

It happens to me in 0.24. The effect shows only after going to launchpad from VAB or launching a new vessel by clicking on the launchpad on main screen and choosing from the list of saved rockets/planes. I developed a habit of quicksaving/reloading before the launch. It solves the issue.

Have to signal that some resources with Real Fuels have changed name, and I foresee the need to reflect those changes within KSP ARP (probably with the icon names, if not else). Here a brief but exhaustive list.

groan... theres 51 fuels in real fuels now - I only have 26 icons currently. I'm asking a few questuions about the best way to do this with some peoples, but will get there soon.

Unrelated to that one..

Also looking to add some more logging to the app to monitor that button issue, as the code looks right, but cant see anything suspicious in any of the provided logs

In the logs I can see that it says it failed to replace the stock app - and would have then placed it on the mod side of the yellow line. Do you see one icon on the left and one on the right?

Other than that theres not a lot of logging in the AppLauncher code so I need to insert some more logging/tests in the code for it to try and pin it down. Will gen up a new version tonight (time allowing) and we'll see if that gets some good data

There's your icon on the left side and stock one on its place.

screen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6pyqwms518yc3w/ksp.jpg?dl=0

If I turned off stock replacement in config and turned it on again I would have one icon on the left and another in stock's place. I believe you could create multiple copies of it on the left side that way.

Been over the code again and again and can't find anything from the level of logging that is in there currently. There is also this post which seems to indicate that a KSP error of some sort can cause this to occur as well, but anyways...

v2.6.1.0 Now Available - Download from GitHub or Download from Curse* or Download from KerbalStuff * Once it's approved

• Reattached References for 0.25
  • Added extra logging and null checks re AppLauncher
  • Added configurable setting for ReplaceStockAppTimeOut (default 20 secs) in case the stock app is taking too long to load

I can't really do anything regarding the 2.5.1.0 version for 0.24 at the moment as my dev/test environs are all upgraded. If/when we figure it out in 0.25 I can hopefully squeeze any changes back in to the 0.24 version

For those who see the duplicate icon issue occuring, please:

• Ensure you are running v2.6.1.0
  • Provide your output_log.txt file
  • Provide your ARP settings.cfg file
  • And anything else you think might help figure it out

Thanks

For some reason I can't get drag and drop to work. Any ideas? Is there a selection I need to toggle? It is just supposed to be "left click+drag"?

v2.5.2.0

left-click and drag - in the resource settings screen using the icon. The video on the OP demos it if thats helpful

Thanks Trigger

I was having a brain fart and kept trying to move them from the main drop down. It works perfectly from the resource settings. As always another of your beautifully polished mods with must have capabilities.

Thanks Trigger

I was having a brain fart and kept trying to move them from the main drop down. It works perfectly from the resource settings. As always another of your beautifully polished mods with must have capabilities.

Is all good, I had the functionality in that screen originally, but when you go to drag the window you reorder the resources - made for fun times :)

Spoke with Nathan and have submitted a pull request that will include the icons in the realFuels downloads instead of the ARP ones - https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/pull/48

Hopefully that will all go well and this will be fixed in the next RealFuels release

Spoke with Nathan and have submitted a pull request that will include the icons in the realFuels downloads instead of the ARP ones - https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/pull/48

Hopefully that will all go well and this will be fixed in the next RealFuels release

Excellent, I'm very pleased when seeing add-ons integration working :D.

While attempting a 5 year long orbital "habitation study" science experiment with BTSM, I realized that Alternate Resource Panel was not able to display the remaining years on my life support supply, but only the remaining days within the current remaining year.

So it seems that Alternate Resource Panel does not currently support displaying years in the "time remaining" mode, but still takes them in account, because the displayed days are always between 365 and 0.

While attempting a 5 year long orbital "habitation study" science experiment with BTSM, I realized that Alternate Resource Panel was not able to display the remaining years on my life support supply, but only the remaining days within the current remaining year.

So it seems that Alternate Resource Panel does not currently support displaying years in the "time remaining" mode, but still takes them in account, because the displayed days are always between 365 and 0.

Nice catch - I'll put that in the issue list and work on a fix

hey TriggerAu

There seems to be an display issue when very small amounts of resource are used, they do not show even in high time acceleration (which stock does). This happens for example when electrolyzing water into oxygen and hydrogen. The amount of water required is very small. Due to rounding. it showing 0.00 until using x50 acceleration

I have some questions:

Q 1: How can I manually set the trigger percentage of the warning and alarm alert ?

Q 2: How stop time warp when an alarm is triggered? It's pointless to hear alarms triggers during time warp but it's already too late to do something about it.

Q 3: How to trigger an action group when an alarm is triggered? I want to disable my electrolysis when I run out of power

Q 4: How to trigger an action group when the alarm is no longer triggered? I want to enable my electrolysis when I have enough power

Edited by FreeThinker

hey TriggerAu

There seems to be an display issue when very small amounts of resource are used, they do not show even in high time acceleration (which stock does). This happens for example when electrolyzing water into oxygen and hydrogen. The amount of water required is very small. Due to rounding. it showing 0.00 until using x50 acceleration

I have some questions:

Q 1: How can I manually set the trigger percentage of the warning and alarm alert ?

Q 2: How stop time warp when an alarm is triggered? It's pointless to hear alarms triggers during time warp but it's already too late to do something about it.

Q 3: How to trigger an action group when an alarm is triggered? I want to disable my electrolysis when I run out of power

Q 4: How to trigger an action group when the alarm is no longer triggered? I want to enable my electrolysis when I have enough power

Hiya,

Not a lot of those have answers that are the best, but here goes:

1. You can edit the resourcesconfig directly - but it currently only accepts integers - so if you wanted smaller fractions I'll need to convert things to doubles
  2. Currently there is no way to do this in ARP, the alarm events are exposed via API, but the biggest issue here is that the warp factor needs to be reduced slowly or issues with orbits can occur if the warp rate is jammed from high rates to low. I recently finished adjusting the KAC mod to cater to these rate changes better and plan to bring that here
  3. Not there today, and not on my list ATM if I'm honest. An external mod could consume the api events and do this currently - or I can add it as a feature request to the project
  4. See 3.

I have a few other things on my planned list for this as well, but as QA has started again time is rather short, so it could be a while