[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Just in case any body else is experiencing issues with 1.7.9 and is happy with reverting 1.7.8, you can disable the compatibility warning on KSP startup by changing GameData\000_Toolbar\version.txt to reflect the correct KSP version. Do this at your own risk.

The toolbar box isn't even showing up for me, using 1.7.9, KSP 1.0.2

Edit: Oh wait, it's showing up in the VAB, but not the KSC view for some reason.

Edited by smjjames

Just wanted to pop in and say it was Chrome as I thought...really wish it would stop doing that! Now Im gonna have to bird-dog the darn thing while mods update...

If that was the case, 1.7.8 wouldn't work for me. But it does.

I know...It was working for me also...It was icons from the MODS I had installed, (NOT Blizzy's Toolbar), that were NOT working properly in the STOCK toolbar...They DID work properly in Blizzy's TB...

There were quite a few mods that were not playing nice with the 1.0 STOCK toolbar... I read in another thread, that mods that place icons in the STOCK toolbar will most likely need to be updated for the issue...

So I (incorrectly, it seems), thought maybe Blizzy had changed, or needs to change, something to reflect these possible changes to the way non-stock icons get displayed in the STOCK toolbar, and maybe its more involved than just a recompile, since 1.7.9 seems, not ready yet?...

Sorry if I ended up causing any unecessary confusion...

And again, Blizzy, no matter what it is, or how long it takes, Thank you for digging into an update so quickly...

^^

This might be because you don't have mods which use TB and want to show at KSC screen.

If there are nothing to show TB stay hidden patiently ;)

Aha! That was it.

I think the only reason 1.7.8 showed up and 1.7.9 didn't is because 1.7.8 had the Update icon up. I just re-installed 1.7.9 and added Final Frontier. Toolbar shows up fine on KSC. :) Thanks for the tip.

I didn't make one.

OK, Thanks. I am just afraid of the 1.0.2 aero, but I guess once I get some courage (and stupidity ;) ) your mod will be one of the first I will get.

Blizzy, I've started using a separate toolbar for MechJeb windows. Is there a way to override the "?" icon I get for my custom-defined MJ windows?

Tried to search both here and in MJ threads, but without results.

Thanks!

I believe you just need to drop in the correct textures under the correct file names in MechJeb's folders, but you need to ask sarbian about it. The Toolbar Plugin just displays what it is told to, except for a missing texture file (which results in a purple square.)

Game breakes when i try to use toolbar plugin in 1.02.

When i enter flight scene, buttons in both toolbar from mod and stock (only icons added by other mods) become inactive. Menu also does not show up when i press esc.

I am using linux 64 bit. This is my list of mods:

000_FilterExtensions

000_USITools

AtomicAge

BahaSP

BoulderCo

CactEye

CommunityResourcePack

CommunityTechTree

ContractConfigurator

ContractPacks

CrowdSourcedScience

CryoEngines

DaveKermanHelmet

DDSLoader

DistantObject

DMagicOrbitalScience

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

HGR

HGR_Redux

Impact

InterstellarFuelSwitch

JSI

KerbalEngineer

KerbinSide

KIS

KittopiaSpace

KSPRC

ModuleManager.2.6.3.dll

ModuleManager.ConfigCache

ModuleManager.ConfigSHA

ModuleManager.Physics

ModuleManager.TechTree

MunarSurfaceExperimentPackage

NavyFish

NehemiahInc

OblivionAerospace

PlanetShine

Proximity

RealSolarSystem

reentry_heat_rebalance_and_heatshield_conduction_fix.cfg

SCANsat

ShipEffects

Solar Science

SoundtrackEditor

Squad

StageRecovery

SteamGauges

TextureReplacer

toolbar-settings.dat

TriggerTech

VerneTech

XanderTek

I had the same problem. Reinstalled the game and the mods to restore.

I'm pretty sure it's because I used Active Texture Management (think it messed up the toolbar icon textures because I converted all .png files too)

Instead I used DDS4KSP (there is an option to leave all png files unconverted)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98672-WIN-KSP-to-DDS-texture-converter

Edited by dudebv

The toolbar icons seem to be messed up for some reason

http://imgur.com/QsSvZue

This happens if the Toolbar Plugin can't find the textures for the buttons in the locations provided by the third-party plugin. In other words: Missing files.

Instead I used DDS4KSP (there is an option to leave all png files unconverted)

Generally it doesn't make much sense to convert button textures because they are very small.

Edited by blizzy78

Needs more information. Also, try with fewer mods and see if the problem persists.

Actually it was because outdated steam gauges oplugin, when installed updated version everything was ok again.

I'm using some mods, all of them installed by CKAN, but toolbar only detect a few of them, like TAC or Waypoint, and no others as FAR.

How can I fix it?

A mod needs to explicitly support the toolbar, it's not automatic.