[1.2.0] Toolbar 1.7.13 - Common API for draggable/resizable buttons toolbar

blizzy78

Not working for me. I did a fresh install of KSP after the 1.0 release. I have tried: CKAN install, manual install from GitHub, copying over from my .90 install as Pap_Joe did - none of these worked for me. For that matter, it gets weirder. With the toolbar in the GameData directory (no matter how I put it there) a new career mode game starts up with:

All buildings upgraded

No parts available in VAB/SPH

Kerbonaut Complex inaccessible (actually gives message, this building cannot be accessed)

Admin Complex inaccessible (same and Kerbonaut)

Mission Control is accessible and is the only place I see the blank toolbar and can assign/configure buttons

On checking the .log file, I see no unusual behavior for the toolbar either so I have no idea where to go with this problem. The only thing I haven't tried yet is a completely clean install with only the toolbar added and will try that tomorrow when I have time. Will update with results.

Ok, seems there are toolbar icon issues with Docking Port Alignment Indicator, KSP Alternate Resource Panel, and GC Monitor... Various whackiness with the icons either NOT showing up in the stock toolbar, or showing up as duplicates, or not being able to toggle them off once they show up in the stock toolbar...

I went into their respective .cfg files, and changed the "UseBlizzyToolbarIfAvailable = False", to True, and got them all to show up in Blizzys bar (which I want), then made sure the variable AppLauncherMutuallyExclusive = True was present in the .cfgs (I had to add it to the GC Monitor .cfg to get rid of the icon in the stock toolbar...

Anyway, I got it to work the way "I" want...Not sure its the RIGHT way to do it, but this tells me Squad must have changed something with how stock toolbar icons are called from mods...???

And rasta013, I'm guessing you have something going on besides anything that could be related to Blizzy's Toolbar...Sounds like your save game got a mix of sandbox and career blended together...Maybe go into your KSP_win/saves folder and delete the /default folder and try again...(Assuming you dont have a Steam install...If so, i dont know how the Steam thing works...)

Edited by Stone Blue

but this tells me Squad must have changed something with how stock toolbar icons are called from mods...???

They did and mods should fix their code. It has nothing to do with Blizzy Toolbar

working fine here on a fresh install of KSP and using CKAN.

Funny how you say that. Did fresh install via steam (manually made sure KSP folder had been deleted before reinstalling)

Installed via CKAN & got error message when launching KSP along the lines of "aaa_toolbar" not compatable with KSP

So un-installed via CKAN. Then removed KSP (delete local content). Removed residual files. Reinstall and manually add toolbar to gamedata.

Re launch & same error.

To check we are all using 1.7.8 yes?

They did and mods should fix their code. It has nothing to do with Blizzy Toolbar

:thumbsup: I figured as much, since the Toolbar works perfectly, and the issue seems to happen with at least several mods, and I was able to tweak their .cfgs for workarounds...

Installed via CKAN & got error message when launching KSP along the lines of "aaa_toolbar" not compatable with KSP

So un-installed via CKAN.

That's just a poorly worded nag message. It just checks the game version number against the version.txt you see in the mod's directory and if they don't match, you get a popup. It's supposed to serve as a reminder for you to check for a new version and to warn you that things might have broken

Funny how you say that. Did fresh install via steam (manually made sure KSP folder had been deleted before reinstalling)

So un-installed via CKAN. Then removed KSP (delete local content). Removed residual files. Reinstall and manually add toolbar to gamedata.

Re launch & same error.

To check we are all using 1.7.8 yes?

Yes...1.7.8 seems to be the latest release...

Ok, not sure what is going on. Will clear all temp files uninstall & start over. Something must be amiss on my system. Sorry for the un-needed posts.

Just an update, cleared KSP completely and re-installed again. Starting with a clean install it is working perfectly for me now so obviously I had screwed something up along the way. Thank goodness it was me! :D

Ok, seems there are toolbar icon issues with Docking Port Alignment Indicator, KSP Alternate Resource Panel, and GC Monitor... Various whackiness with the icons either NOT showing up in the stock toolbar, or showing up as duplicates, or not being able to toggle them off once they show up in the stock toolbar...

I went into their respective .cfg files, and changed the "UseBlizzyToolbarIfAvailable = False", to True, and got them all to show up in Blizzys bar (which I want), then made sure the variable AppLauncherMutuallyExclusive = True was present in the .cfgs (I had to add it to the GC Monitor .cfg to get rid of the icon in the stock toolbar...

Anyway, I got it to work the way "I" want...Not sure its the RIGHT way to do it, but this tells me Squad must have changed something with how stock toolbar icons are called from mods...???

And rasta013, I'm guessing you have something going on besides anything that could be related to Blizzy's Toolbar...Sounds like your save game got a mix of sandbox and career blended together...Maybe go into your KSP_win/saves folder and delete the /default folder and try again...(Assuming you dont have a Steam install...If so, i dont know how the Steam thing works...)

Am I blind? I've been looking everywhere for a .cfg like this for Infernal Robotics. Every time I switch scenes out to a ship on the launchpad, or in orbit, I get another IR instance in the stock toolbar after I installed this toolbar.

Am I blind? I've been looking everywhere for a .cfg like this for Infernal Robotics. Every time I switch scenes out to a ship on the launchpad, or in orbit, I get another IR instance in the stock toolbar after I installed this toolbar.

Yeah, I was having this problem too. Just checked the main page for Infernal Robotics and saw it is now updated to 0.21.1, which says it has a fix for stock toolbar, so we'll see how it goes :)

Off the top of your head, do you know what they changed or have a link to it? I noticed that CLS is having this issue, and I want to correct it for codepoet...

If not, no worries, I'll dig thru it and figure it out.

Edited by Papa_Joe

so, to make things clear, please someone tell me if this is working on 1.0 with complete compatibility or should we wait for the dev to update it? thanks

it's working, but says incompatible on load, but still functions, from what i've read it is having some trouble with some mods, but it works fine for me and the mods i use.

My suggestion, try it.

it's working, but says incompatible on load

If it bothers anyone it's easy to fix by editing two text files. Backup both files first... Then edit "GameData\toolbar-settings.dat" and make sure the line "kspVersions = 0.24.0,0.24.1,0.24.2,0.90.0,1.0.0" (no quotes) appears on the line after the first left bracket. Adding the ",1.0.0" to the end is the key.

Then edit "GameData\000_Toolbar\version.txt" to read "1.0.0" (again no quotes).

If it bothers anyone it's easy to fix by editing two text files. Backup both files first... Then edit "GameData\toolbar-settings.dat" and make sure the line "kspVersions = 0.24.0,0.24.1,0.24.2,0.90.0,1.0.0" (no quotes) appears on the line after the first left bracket. Adding the ",1.0.0" to the end is the key.

Then edit "GameData\000_Toolbar\version.txt" to read "1.0.0" (again no quotes).

I cannot find any kspVersions in toolbar-settings.dat, perhaps you mean another file?

Could anyone please upload a ksp 1.0 compatible toolbar?

Edited by FreeThinker

I cannot find any kspVersions in toolbar-settings.dat, perhaps you mean another file?

Could anyone please upload a ksp 1.0 compatible toolbar?

It's just a TXT file in KSP/GameData/000_Toolbar Then look for version.txt open it with notepad or what ever make it look like

hope it helps.

EDIT- All, I did was edit 1 file.

Edited by Mecripp2

toolbar-settings.dat should be in the root of GameData. Unless toolbar has not been run yet. But as someone pointed out, only the version.txt needs to be changed. The line in toolbar-settings.dat might not be used anymore.

There isn't anything in toolbar-settings.dat that points to the version, All toolbar-settings.dat is doing is tell where all you buttons are and you can delete it and it will rewrite one after you reset all your buttons again thats it.

It's just a TXT file in KSP/GameData/000_Toolbar Then look for version.txt open it with notepad or what ever make it look like hope it helps.

EDIT- All, I did was edit 1 file.

That might fix that you get no error message from the compatibility checker, but that still not fixes it ... a proper recompile should be done. (IMHO caused this bar error messages in the debug log)

That might fix that you get no error message from the compatibility checker, but that still not fixes it ... a proper recompile should be done. (IMHO caused this bar error messages in the debug log)

Yes that you are right changing the TXT file is not going to fix anything but the warning on load up and that's it.