BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

This mod almost killed my Kerbal on EVA. I looked at the stars and forgot to check oxygen. Almost too beautiful. Now I must get a space telescope of some kind. Eye candy like this is my truly weakspot.

I have a question: Sorry if it have been answered, I couldnt find anything. The AVC checker say it is 1.8 when I have install 1.9.2. Is it a updated versionfine? if not can I delete it?

I love this mod.

Cheers :)

I have created a skybox for this mod

Javascript is disabled. View full album

it can be downloaded here:

http://www./download/3x0hsfn0lfyb1tx/Vaporo%27s+Blue+Galaxy+Skybox.zip#39;s_Blue_Galaxy_Skybox.zip

Also included is an Env Map for anyone who wants the skybox reflected in Kerbals' helmets.

Forum thread link:http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/100495-Vaporo-s-Blue-Galaxy-Skybox-for-Texture-Replacer?p=1548615#post1548615

Feel free to link the skybox in the OP.

Edited by Vaporo

ATM crashes when it tries to replace texture loaders. Thay could explain why textures get corrupted. Try to run without ATM.
Turns out, if I try that, I get a plain grey screen instead of the main launcher. (And frequent OS-killing crashes)
And, could you try it with Catalyst driver? It might also be a bug in ATI/Gallium3D driver.
That's a last resort. I've had major problems with my dual-screen setup when I try that.

Hello,

I have some strange shadowing on Kerbals

LZmBkCY.jpg

I don't know if this is meant to be, or is this a problem?

I'm using EVE and Astronomer's Visual pack- Edge of Oblivion.

Edited by Kubaf16

ATM. You should create an ATM config file for TR and add all "*NRM" files in TR's folders, one by one, to NORMAL_LIST (look KSPRC for an example). Or remove ATM. Or wait for the next ATM version.

Make suit texture fully transparent. Shininess is proportional to opaqueness of the texture. But beware, this doesn't work correctly in all image editing software. I think Paint.NET saves all fully transparent pixels as white (or black?). Gimp works fine, just move the slider above image layers to adjust transparency.

v1.10 released.

• Added "Toggle EVA Suit" option in right-click menu for Kerbals. Since Kerbals are not suicidal, removing EVA suit only works in breathable atmosphere, when Kerbals also spawn in their IVA suits. This button can be disabled in configuration files.
  • Removed most of unnecessary replacements of personalised Kerbal textures. When investigating EVA suit toggle, I found out these replacements (especially IVA) were sometimes triggered several times consecutively, or on Kerbals on EVA. With a few additional checks and tricks I greatly reduced such cases.
  • When general replacements are performed (textures from `Default/`) the old texture is now really unloaded/destroyed. That might sometimes cause totally black skybox in the main menu.
  • Updated default configuration for new mods. Especially users of KSP Interstellar should check if everything still works.

Hi Shaw,

Just installed the 1.10 version and I've got an issue to report.

Once again I'm unable to access any of the buildings at the KSC screen, with the previous release the log was being spammed with a notice of "GUI content is Null", now it shows the following.

[Log]: [TR.TextureReplacer] System.FormatException: Index (zero based)) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

at System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.Stringformat, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.Stringformat, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.String.Format (System.Stringformat, System.Object [] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Until.log (System.String s, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Personalised.initialise() [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LastUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also, the environment map visor reflection on the main screen Kerbal has vanished and has been replaced with the reflection they have inside a capsule.

EDIT: The log is still showing "GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none"

Edit Edit: it would seem that the GUIContent message and non-clickable buildings is to do with ATM. I'll go and poke Rbray about it.

Edited by djnattyd

I updated to 1.10 and all the custom suits, heads, visor reflections, etc. from KSPRC pack are no longer showing up. Also, the clouds in the main menu from Mun's surface look funny.

Ditto. Pimp My Kerbals no longer functions, the clouds from EVE in the main menu seem to be moving/shimmering very quickly *and* my custom skybox is replaced with default again.

Hi again, I got the transparency/reflection working, thanks for that but I have another question. Is it possible to lock a head to a suit, so say 5 suits and 5 heads, suit 1 can only go with head 1, 2 with 2, ect, and the suits (with associated head) get assigned randomly or consecutively?

Edited by Darren9

Ditto. Pimp My Kerbals no longer functions, the clouds from EVE in the main menu seem to be moving/shimmering very quickly *and* my custom skybox is replaced with default again.

I reverted to the old plugin .DLL and it works again.

Hi again, I got the transparency/reflection working, thanks for that but I have another question. Is it possible to lock a head to a suit, so say 5 suits and 5 heads, suit 1 can only go with head 1, 2 with 2, ect, and the suits (with associated head) get assigned randomly or consecutively?

No, unless you assign heads and suits manually.

Hi Shaw,

Just installed the 1.10 version and I've got an issue to report.

Once again I'm unable to access any of the buildings at the KSC screen, with the previous release the log was being spammed with a notice of "GUI content is Null", now it shows the following.

[Log]: [TR.TextureReplacer] System.FormatException: Index (zero based)) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

at System.String.FormatHelper (System.Text.StringBuilder result, IFormatProvider provider, System.Stringformat, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Format (IFormatProvider provider, System.Stringformat, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.String.Format (System.Stringformat, System.Object [] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Until.log (System.String s, System.Object[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.Personalised.initialise() [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TextureReplacer.TextureReplacer.LastUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Also, the environment map visor reflection on the main screen Kerbal has vanished and has been replaced with the reflection they have inside a capsule.

EDIT: The log is still showing "GUIContent is null. Use GUIContent.none"

Edit Edit: it would seem that the GUIContent message and non-clickable buildings is to do with ATM. I'll go and poke Rbray about it.

I echo the same problems with my setup as well.

1.10.2 fixed my issues, thanks!

Now what do I need to change to get the visors back to their original light yellow tint instead of this deep orange? I'm using Pimp My Kerbals but I'm unsure if that's what changed this:

qihrIZ6.png