BROKEN [0.90] TextureReplacer 2.1.2 (20.12.2014)

shaw

Ahh, I see what you're after here. I haven't fiddled much with the experience part in TR yet, but I like where you're going with the idea.

Those are all 3 good concepts for experience.

I like stripes more than stars, but 4 stripes could either take up alot of room on the arm, or be made of such small stripes you wouldn't be able to tell. Back of the helmet is interesting, would work because the player sees the back of the Kerbal head all the time, but wouldn't make sense for the Kerbals themselves to have ranks on their backs. Working with the stripes on the helmets could work, there are the top and side bits there.

Anyone else have any ideas too?

Klesh if you do decide to do this, can you perhaps make IVA versions of all your EVA suits? I love all the colors and the idea of having a complete set with ranks and everything would be awesome!

I asked this question over at scansat, then I saw this mod can replace planet textures...

would something like this be possible?

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to change the texture of the planet to reflect the parts that you actually scanned?

Let's say you want to land on duna, when you get there the whole planet is black (or something similar) then activate scansat and when you scan a region the original texture will become visible on the planet

to give an example:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65401284/duna.jpg

maybe this could be limited to probes...

Some .95 feedback:

TRReflection is really cool. However it comes at a massive FPS cost at the default values when working with large ships and bases. I didn't notice until I built a MKS base with a half dozen modules or so. Whenever the base is in-screen the timer goes yellow at about half speed and if I pan away so it is not, it often goes green. reflectionResolution of 256 is really pretty but the frame rate is pretty rough if there's something complicated on the screen. Seems then reflection interval then ends up needing to be a very large number.

Are those two values for all reflections by texture replacer including on visors and stock parts? If so I have a suggestion... do visors separately from the stock parts. I think what is causing my game slow downs with the base is the reflections on the stock MK2 illuminators I'm using as I have quite a few of them on the base. The reflection resolution on those little parts could be really small and interval very large and nobody would notice, but you'd still get the nice glinty effect on the lights. Then we could use the processor power on the EVA visor reflections as most of us wouldn't have a giant pile of Kerbals out at once.

Also discovered the values of reflectionResolution & reflectionInterval must be powers of two or the game crashes on load.

I'm running a i7 3770K, nVidia GTX970, with 16GB of ram (on 32 bit so doesn't matter a ton) on win 8.1 x64 using -force-openGL at 1920x1080 in -popupwindow.

Edit to add: is there a processor "cheap" way of applying a blur or antialiasing to the reflection? Then we would maybe be able to use the lower resolution reflection maps without the harsh edges of the pixels standing out. It would look like the visors were not reflecting mirror perfect.

Edited by helaeon
Additional idea

Any suggestions for a planet texture pack for use with KSP 64k (6.4x) The default looks kinda bad.

If your computer can handle it there are some planet packs listed in the OP. But really IMO you don't really need to do that, just get Astronomer's Visual Pack.

By the way your signature picture doesn't work, just saying.

I have having problems with realtime reflection on parts causing a crash. If I turn off realtime reflaction I can load onto launch pad these parts but if it is on vessels will not load. Does not help to cover them with fairings. Can I turn off part reflection and keep visor realtime reflection?

I deleted the MM_Reflections.cfg file and fixed my issue. Parts no longer reflect but visor does.

- - - Updated - - -

Delete the MM_Reflections.cfg file from TR mod folder. This will get u just what u want. I wanted the same thing n it works for me. Hope it helps.

Edited by notsorightstuph

Quick question, can I have 2 head packs and have them not conflict?

Alternatively, you can put each pack into its subdirectory inside Heads/ if there are any name conflicts. (Same for suits)

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't texture replace put an icon in the top right bar of add-ons you might have installed to change outfits? I'm trying to change my suits and there isn't anywhere I can see to switch the suits and faces. The Head icon is not there so I'm wondering what's going on. Am I missing an add-on or do I have something not installed correctly?

http://imgur.com/WfcV6I8

http://imgur.com/a/0P7rh

When set, the pilot/engineer/scientist suit settings override kerbal's individual suit upon entering EVA (looks correct on IVA till the kerbal leaves the vehicle). Is this intended behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I'm using 2.1.2

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the first 3 eva suit match their iva suits, in vacuum/hostile/etc and trying to set suits by class doesn't seem to be working and is still random (I've got consecutive selected)?

EDIT: I think I got the class suit, by selecting experience.

Edited by locustgate

When set, the pilot/engineer/scientist suit settings override kerbal's individual suit upon entering EVA (looks correct on IVA till the kerbal leaves the vehicle). Is this intended behaviour or am I doing something wrong? I'm using 2.1.2

That's strange. Do you use cabin-specific suits?

Could you send me "TRScenario" section of your persistent.sfs and tell me for which Kerbal does that happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know if there is a way to make the first 3 eva suit match their iva suits, in vacuum/hostile/etc and trying to set suits by class doesn't seem to be working and is still random (I've got consecutive selected)?

EDIT: I think I got the class suit, by selecting experience.

Yes, "Experience" is the class suit. To make IVA end EVA suits the same just create a new suit: make a copy of your suit folder and duplicate `kerbalMainGrey` -> `EVAtexture`, `kerbalMainNRM` -> `EVAtextureNRM` and `kerbalHelmetGrey` -> `EVAhelmet`.

- - - Updated - - -

how do I get the realistic reflections that actually reflect what's in front of the kerbal? I'm desperate for that so I can have jeb taking a selfie with a ship in the visor.

You must download 2.2 beta.

BioSuits

Tired of sci fi and near future ships with subpar so last century kerbonaut suits? Worried that the complex mechanisms and need for balancing ones own pressure might by overlooked by more zealous kerbonauts? Possibly resulting in katastrophy?

If so have i got a set of stylish and easy to use (mostly functional) suits for your kerbonauts!

Introducing BioSuits MK I

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Overview

These suits were inspired by the various near future and sci fi part mods out there. Primarily B9 for its aesthetic design choice of simple panels and symmetrical style. I chose to use MITs new age suit as a base design for the practical parts of the suit. To use simply combine the TextureReplacment folders from the pack with the one in your KSP folder.

Features

• 6 distinct color variants each with a rough and clean counterpart, the rough versions looks like some wear and tear has occurred
  • Special suits for the Original Three each with a name tag on IVA and EVA suits as well as some special grit and tidbits for each one
  • both IVA and EVA variants for each color

Dependencies

Install these first before moving the folder from the pack into your hierarchy

Future Plans

I fully intend to create experience based suits that go from clean to rough and downright worn to death variants. More colors will eventually be made if demand is high enough for them. If possible i would love to get a normal map working with the helmets visor to create a angled effect on parts of it. Eventually i would also like to replace the helmet and jetpack models entirely. For now this is all pie in the sky due to my real life being rather packed.

Special Thanks

B9 Aerospace - It was their art style and approach that prompted me to think i needed more sci fi or near future items in my KSP

Proot - for his texture pack Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake that served as both an inspiration and a bit of a guide for mapping out my own work. Some of his bits remain because they work so damned well!

License

This is all produced under a creative commons license. 88x31.png

Edited by Pentence

You have found a cool way to use the stock texture visor limitations, congrats. Btw, you use my suits (some parts still remain there), so would be nice if you credit the originals. ;)

how do I get the realistic reflections that actually reflect what's in front of the kerbal? I'm desperate for that so I can have jeb taking a selfie with a ship in the visor.

As Shaw says, its in the Beta release on the first post. Then you'll want to go into the config and alter some of the numbers till you get results that look good and run well on your machine.

v2.1.96

I barely tested this one, I hope it works fine. Changes:

• Real reflections are updated one at a time. In each update step that occurs every `reflectionInterval` frames (2 by default, one can change this in a config file) only one face of on reflection is updated, so each reflection has to be updated six times to be fully updated (since cube texture has six faces). This ensures constant performance, since more reflective parts on the scene won't slow your game down, reflections will only be updated less frequently.
  • `interval` option for TRReflection module. If set to a number > 1 this reflection won't be updated each time. E.g. if `interval = 2` it will be updated every second step, while every other step it will be skipped and the next reflection in a row will be updated in that step instead.
  • I've done some "optimisations" on how IVA personalisations are triggered/scheduled. I hope everything still works.

That's strange. Do you use cabin-specific suits?

Could you send me "TRScenario" section of your persistent.sfs and tell me for which Kerbal does that happen?

Thanks to your tip I found the culprit - the suit in question was in a nested subdirectory. Once I removed the redundant folder the problem went away. Strange though it didn't manifest itself earlier.

You have found a cool way to use the stock texture visor limitations, congrats. Btw, you use my suits (some parts still remain there), so would be nice if you credit the originals. ;)

Indeed some parts do remain since i had not yet redone the entire helmet bits yet. Also ill do you one better my dapper sir!

Shaw this is awesome! The reflections on the visor are amazing!

But...

Maybe you shouldn't put reflections on the pods and other parts. I don't think they need reflections. What does need reflections are things like windows and maybe engine bells.

Just my opinion.