[0.25]Odysseus STS Block V - Accurate Stock Space Shuttle (Over 2000 Downloads!)

Tested the shuttle today(after looking at manual for 10 sec:)).

Everything went okay-ish, I did reach a wacky orbit, now I have to use RCS to rendez-vous with my KSS.

Lucky the KSS has some fuel there, the shuttle has to get there since I popped the Poisk module into the shuttle bay...

Tested the shuttle today(after looking at manual for 10 sec:)).

Everything went okay-ish, I did reach a wacky orbit, now I have to use RCS to rendez-vous with my KSS.

Lucky the KSS has some fuel there, the shuttle has to get there since I popped the Poisk module into the shuttle bay...

I made the instructions from memory, so it might not be very accurate to what should actually do. If you were flying without a payload, you should be able to achieve a 85 km orbit and still have more than half of the OMS fuel remaining.

If you can make a better set of instructions, please do, :)

Edited by Giggleplex777

L

I made the instructions from memory, so it might not be very accurate to what should actually do. If you were flying without a payload, you should be able to achieve a 85 km orbit and still have more than half of the OMS fuel remaining.

If you can make a better set of instructions, please do, :)

The instructions are fine, what I mean was that I was testing it to see if it can be flown without a manual. Turns out possible, though hard.

I'm debating the use of 3.75 m parts on the new shuttle. They have pretty high dry mass, and they're not orange.

If the Mk3 parts were a bit bigger, and if they had some powerful 1.25m parts (e.g. standalone KS-25s), then I'd say, "Go for it!"

But it turns out, using proportions with the real Space Shuttle (real STS fuselage is around 6.91 meters, and 8.4 meters ET), and using 2.5 meters for the KSP parts, that something around 3 would work. 2.5 is closer to 3 than 3.75 obviously, the 2.5 parts are orange, and lastly, it already works... if it ain't broke don't fix it! :)

Although, the new 3.75 part that is all white might look cool for the STS-1 and STS-2 painted white tanks; then again, the 2.5 parts can get that effect, too!

Have you thought about adding 3 more sepatrons to the top and bottom, but setting all of them to 25% thrust? That would look more accurate and be pretty cool! :)

On a side note, the new nose does look pretty good, though. The parts sticking out on top sort of ruin it, though.

Have you thought about adding 3 more sepatrons to the top and bottom, but setting all of them to 25% thrust? That would look more accurate and be pretty cool! :)

I'm trying to keep the part count as low as possible, so I opted for one each.

On a side note, the new nose does look pretty good, though. The parts sticking out on top sort of ruin it, though.

The batteries?

Here are the design goals for Block III:

- Improved fuel flow in the EFT (based on the technology used in my SSTOs and aircraft)

- Bigger and more powerful composite SRBs

- Minor improvements on the shuttle

- Reduced part count (not guaranteed)

Edited by Giggleplex777

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.