Just one extra part.

Ooh! Yes, that's a good one. Actually, even more useful would a 30/60/90deg triangular wedge, as it gives you twice as many new angles to play with.

(I get so frustrated trying to get mount points in the right places so that my spot-lights - sorry, "Illuminator MK I"s - can light up the best/most important features of the ship... They always want to shine straight along the surface they're stuck to, or outward at almost-but-not-quite 90 degrees! =:o} )

I've attempted to make this before, but there is a limitation in the node system that didn't really allow it.

You're better off just taking a cubic octogonal strut and mounting it at any angle you want with Shift-wasdqe, and then mounting the node-only party to that with clipping.

A right triangle truss or block, so we can put 45° bends and elbows in our contraptions without a bunch of ugly clipping.

Ooh! Yes, that's a good one. Actually, even more useful would a 30/60/90deg triangular wedge, as it gives you twice as many new angles to play with.

(I get so frustrated trying to get mount points in the right places so that my spot-lights - sorry, "Illuminator MK I"s - can light up the best/most important features of the ship... They always want to shine straight along the surface they're stuck to, or outward at almost-but-not-quite 90 degrees! =:o} )

There was a very popular mod that added plane parts called "C7 Aerospace pack", and lots of people loved it...

in 0.15 we got planes. :)

I recently made a plane with folding wings and stuff in Infernal Robotics pack, it went quite well, until I remembered the stock orangey wheels didn't like speeds about 60 m/s... moral of the story: mods make crazy stuff, which is more fun than stock game... except that 100% stock duna mission that just wouldn't work, so I turned it into a manned kinetic projectile... and using mods made a working duna mission easy peasy.

BETTER WHEELS!!!!! Wheels that pop less, grab better, and have up firing RCS thrusters built in to push the rover to the ground.

Added ability... Grab a Kerbal with a Kerbal for space rescues. Maybe be able to transfer EVA Pack fuel

Alacrity

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.