Just one extra part.

You can get the Canadarm in a mod, but I ended up deleting it again. The reason was that everytime I was within a few hundred meters from a ship with the Canadarm, is suddenly accelerated quite a bit, making docking impossible.

I suppose it was because the mod wasn't updated to the latest version of the game, but again that demonstrates the work you have to do and the things you may lose with the use of mods (regarding updates).

You can get the Canadarm in a mod, but I ended up deleting it again. The reason was that everytime I was within a few hundred meters from a ship with the Canadarm, is suddenly accelerated quite a bit, making docking impossible.

I suppose it was because the mod wasn't updated to the latest version of the game, but again that demonstrates the work you have to do and the things you may lose with the use of mods (regarding updates).

I used to use that too until it stopped being updated. However a stock arm (or family of different sizes) would be really useful, for both rovers and space stations.

Well radial fuel tanks would me mighty useful...

I would like display in cockpit to show apoapsis and periapsis value + maybe inclination. That way you cold do a lot of missions in IVA only.

It would have to be airbags. NASA and most scientists have stated that on standard and high atmospheric planet exploration, sealed gasbags are one of the best usages for automated long term exploration.

I want mah helium! Too bad it is so hard to process.....

A big ole space cannon, like in Le Voyage Dans la Lun (1902)

It would have to be airbags. NASA and most scientists have stated that on standard and high atmospheric planet exploration, sealed gasbags are one of the best usages for automated long term exploration.

I want mah helium! Too bad it is so hard to process.....

Large, deployable (like a parachute) H/He/Ne/Magic balloons would actually be really cool. Maybe there could be a deployable hot-air balloon counterpart thats provides more lift than the sealed gas counterpart, but requires a little fuel to operate. I don't know which is actually better, but I imagine it would be the hot-air balloon provided enough thermal energy was added to the system. I can imagine a base lined with these balloons floating in Jool's upper atmosphere.

Edited by ImJake

either I'd modify current parts... the docking ports or I'd add a new docking port with this function...

Rotating docking ports.

After docking I should be able to rotate the ports to get things lined up just right. Very important for large constructs to be lined up just right.

Something that can tell me the DV and TWR of the ship, although it should be integrated in the UI and not a part :/

This right here. I could do away with MechJeb entirely if there were a built-in system to give you what I think is very basic information about your vehicle, both in the VAB/SPH and in-flight.

We shouldn't need an add-on to tell us what our true altitude above surface is, or how much the vessel weighs, Delta-V stats, among other things. It would also be nice to see apoapsis/periapsis without having to switch to the map screen... basically I'm saying that it's time that something like MechJeb's telemetering at the very least is added to the stock game.

The only thing I use MechJeb for these days is for the info I should be getting from the stock install. It is a space program simulator, after all. You'd think Mission Control would be a bit more competent, but all they can tell you is how far above sea level you are at any given time.

Edited by Dumpster Jedi

This right here. I could do away with MechJeb entirely if there were a built-in system to give you what I think is very basic information about your vehicle, both in the VAB/SPH and in-flight.

We shouldn't need an add-on to tell us what our true altitude above surface is, or how much the vessel weighs, Delta-V stats, among other things. It would also be nice to see apoapsis/periapsis without having to switch to the map screen... basically I'm saying that it's time that something like MechJeb's telemetering at the very least is added to the stock game.

The only thing I use MechJeb for these days is for the info I should be getting from the stock install. It is a space program simulator, after all. You'd think Mission Control would be a bit more competent, but all they can tell you is how far above sea level you are at any given time.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-18-1-kerbal-engineer-redux-v0-5/

Kerbal Engineer will give you all that minus the hand holding that mech jeb provides.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.