[1.2] TweakableEverything 1.16-beta - For all your part tweaking needs

toadicus

I've got a problem: whenever I add an engine to the VAB with this mod installed, the engine fires inside the VAB! And not just out the nozzle, also out the side, too! Please help!

@toadicus Would you please tell me which files I need to keep to have only RCS and EVA thrust sliders? I'm cutting down my mod list.

Edited by Enceos

• 2 weeks later...
But why?

It's been a while since I looked, but as I recall it's because all SAS is best SAS in non-career modes.

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for the continued effort on this mod. It has been a HUGE help to me and added significantly to the enjoyment I get from KSP!

You're welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying it. :)

Where and how do I use the tweakable EVA part of the mod? I right click on kerbals and there isn't anything there so I am confused.

If you've corrected installed the mod and all its dependencies, and don't have any faulty mod interactions present, there will be tweakable sliders in the action (right-click) menu for all EVA Kerbals. If you're confident everything's installed right, I'll need a log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) if I'm going to be any help to you.

Toadicus, I've noticed an unusual interaction between TweakScale and TweakableEverything, and I don't know how to diagnose which mod is responsible. It's specifically to do with tweakable reaction wheels. What happens is that scaled-up reaction wheels are shown to have bizarre and/or negative values for their strength in the editor. I'm wondering whether this is purely an issue of display or whether tweakscale + tweakable reaction wheels is actually messing up the values, which it seems to be (based on what happens when I launch).

To reproduce:

1. Clean KSP, install tweakable everything & tweakscale

2. Place something like the advanced inline stabilizer, right click on it, values normal.

3. Scale up, now torques are negative, or at least a strange (wrong) number that very much does not correspond to whatever exponent TS is supposedly using. Values can still be changed, but unsure what actual torque is produced as a result on launch...

Is this something to address from TweakScale's side of things or from TweakableEverything's?

If you've corrected installed the mod and all its dependencies, and don't have any faulty mod interactions present, there will be tweakable sliders in the action (right-click) menu for all EVA Kerbals. If you're confident everything's installed right, I'll need a log (Windows: \path\to\KSP_win\KSP_Data\output_log.txt; Linux: ~/.config/unity3d/Squad/Kerbal\ Space\ Program/Player.log; Mac: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log) if I'm going to be any help to you.

Well it seems to be the strangest incompatibility I have ever had. The mod Quickstart by Malah was the cause. Without that mod fast loading to the VAB the tweakable shows up. If I let the mod fast load to the VAB the tweakable never shows. Logs was entirely clean of errors so I don't have anything for you. Though with the cause found I should be able to avoid it. I will let malah know as well maybe something he can fix on his end.

AccidentalDisassembly, thanks for the report. Better integration with TweakScale is on my "to do" list. I'm hoping to get to it in the next month or so. :)

Svm420, EVAManager does all of its changes to EVAs in the Main Menu scene. If you skip that it won't work at all. There are a lot of mods that depend on doing specific actions at the main menu or spacecenter; skipping those scenes -- while expedient and I completely understand the desire to do so -- is rarely safe in modded installs.

Hey Toadicus, just reporting a minor bug here, the tweakable fuel pump (which is called a true pump, what's that anyway?) is being applied to the karbonite engine, however, from the output log entry, it looks like TE thinks it contains monoprop.

[ModuleManager] Applying node TweakableEverything/TweakableFuelPumps/@PART

[*]:HAS[@RESOURCE[MonoPropellant]]:FOR[TweakableEverything] to UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/KA_Engine_250_01/KA_Engine_250_01

screenshot147_zpshquhteud.png

I discovered that my engine fairings were vanishing when I staged... I found that it stopped happening if I removed TweakableEngineFairings.dll and cfg.

Duh forgot to say, if that's a KnownThing then cool, but if you want more info let me know.

List-o-mod (folders)

000_Toolbar
ALaCarteParts
AntennaRange
AsteroidDay
BoulderCo
Chatterer
CoolRockets
CrewPortraits
DPSoundFX
EngineLight
EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
FASA
FederalProductions
HGR
HullCameraVDS
Kerbaltek
KronalUtils
KSEA
KSP-AVC
MechJeb2
NavyFish
Nereid
ProceduralFairings
RCSBuildAid
RcsSounds
ScienceAlert
SmokeScreen
Squad
StageRecovery
StockBugFixModules
StockClamshellFairings
TacFuelBalancer
Telemachus
TextureReplacer
ToadicusTools
TurboNisuReloaded
TweakableEverything

• 2 weeks later...
I discovered that my engine fairings were vanishing when I staged... I found that it stopped happening if I removed TweakableEngineFairings.dll and cfg.

This also happens to me almost always. Should be easy to repro. I'll find logs.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my absence! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here as my kids get back to school. New versions of everything -- with basically no changes in front of the scenes at all -- should be coming soon.

So I sat down to test based on your report, and after a few tries of being completely baffled why my debug code was saying the poodle didn't have a part underneath it anymore, I actually looked at what was happening in the game screen instead of in my log and... there's no part under the poodle anymore. Following your instructions exactly, assuming that "launched" implies you staged once to activate the mainsail and then staged again to decouple the launch clamps, the next time you press stage is when you drop the decoupler under the poodle. Is that somehow not when the fairing is supposed to go away?

Glad you like it, eLDude! I've had a quick look over Crzyrndm's module, and my reaction wheel throttle won't work quite right with his module, because we both clobber the same parts of ModuleReactionWheel. The best way to get throttling functionality in his mod would be to ask him for it. It'd be a pretty easy addition; he just needs a tweakable field for it and then needs to multiply that into his assignments in updateTorque.