Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

@YANFRET

today i tested the CMES textures and i found the problem:

CHAKA-CBC

06.12.2014 16:41:09 PM: System.FormatException: Failed to Recognize Texture [E:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CMES\Propulsion\CHAKA-CBC\model000.mbm] ---> System.FormatException: Invalid data size. Expected 6291476 byte, got 6291502 byte (both including a 20 byte header)

at LodNative.MBMTexture..ctor(ISegment data, TextureDebugInfo tdi)

at LodNative.MBMTexture.TryRecognizeFile(FileInfo file, ISegment data, Int32 textureId)

at LodNative.FormatDatabase.AddRecognitionScope`1.Recognize(FileInfo file, ISegment bytes, Int32 textureId)

at LodNative.FormatDatabase.Recognize(String file, ISegment data, Int32 textureId)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LodNative.FormatDatabase.Recognize(String file, ISegment data, Int32 textureId)

at LodNative.TextureInitialization.Generate_OnLoaded(ISegment loaded_data)

at LodNative.Disk.ConsumeReadDataScope.Run()

at LodNative.Work.WorkThread()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

SLS_CORE_STAGE

06.12.2014 16:44:09 PM: System.FormatException: Failed to Recognize Texture [E:\Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CMES\Propulsion\SLS_CORE_STAGE\model003.mbm] ---> System.FormatException: Invalid data size. Expected 3145748 byte, got 3145774 byte (both including a 20 byte header)

at LodNative.MBMTexture..ctor(ISegment data, TextureDebugInfo tdi)

at LodNative.MBMTexture.TryRecognizeFile(FileInfo file, ISegment data, Int32 textureId)

at LodNative.FormatDatabase.AddRecognitionScope`1.Recognize(FileInfo file, ISegment bytes, Int32 textureId)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at LodNative.TextureInitialization.Generate_OnLoaded(ISegment loaded_data)

at LodNative.Disk.ConsumeReadDataScope.Run()

at LodNative.Work.WorkThread()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

PS: I tested with only CMES without NASA and SQUAD.

@YANFRET

today i tested the CMES textures and i found the problem:

CHAKA-CBC

SLS_CORE_STAGE

PS: I tested with only CMES without NASA and SQUAD.

And did you test it with out LoadOnDemand ?

EDIT- Asked because that looks like it has to do with LoadonDemand having a problem with the texture but the could be something with how it works ?

Edited by Mecripp2

without LoadOnDemand it is work but eat huge amount of memory ram.

also i have only 4GB.

Now i play without CHAKA-CBC and SLS_CORE_STAGE but i waiting some fixed for this two.

EDIT- Asked because that looks like it has to do with LoadonDemand having a problem with the texture but the could be something with how it works ?

I Converted the mbm to png and now is working good.

Thx for help and suggestion.

It's ironic that our two MBM test case textures are causing you an issue. They are part of our experiment to get away from TGA and PNG. As for the file size, MBM might be huge on the disk but actually uses the least memory in game and has the fastest load time. That plus the squad caused TGA loading bug is why we are experimenting with MBM conversion in the first place. I wonder if a special settings config for ATM is the answer.

Re Atlas V: No. However with KW rocketry and a few lionhead aerospace products, you can Lego your way to a convincing and high quality MSL mission.

If I were going to add antother launch system to Chaka, it would be the Jaxa H-IIB

Ah, ok. Second note: Altair's descent stage legs don't deploy, as it was with previous version of American Pack.

Click on it and hit the G key. Sorry that's how it has to be for now.

I can get behind this!

:D We shall see

Edited by YANFRET

It's ironic that our two MBM test case textures are causing you an issue. They are part of our experiment to get away from TGA and PNG. As for the file size, MBM might be huge on the disk but actually uses the least memory in game and has the fastest load time. That plus the squad caused TGA loading bug is why we are experimenting with MBM conversion in the first place. I wonder if a special settings config for ATM is the answer.

Re Atlas V: No. However with KW rocketry and a few lionhead aerospace products, you can Lego your way to a convincing and high quality MSL mission.

If I were going to add antother launch system to Chaka, it would be the Jaxa H-IIB

The bad part is you have ATM doing it's thing and then we have LoadOnDamand doing it's thing and the don't play together the way, I take it and it's starting to look like the both want the texture a different way but could be wrong on that will have to wait and see.

EDIT- O and Whoops forgot about DDS doing it's thing there just to many lol.

Edited by Mecripp2

there are some mistakes in the MM configs, you have on multiple occasions double resource entries after adding modules for TACLS. should only have one unique resource entry per part.

Example: the bold text is the duplicate

@PART[xALCOR_LanderCapsulex]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]

{

@mass = 2.5

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 103.3

maxAmount = 103.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 68.3

maxAmount = 68.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 10511.2

maxAmount = 10511.2

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 17233.5

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 0

maxAmount = 165.8

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 0

maxAmount = 17.2

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 138

}

}

Have you considered using tweakscale for your parts? Right now you have multiples of the same part in different sizes, i.e. ~10 decouplers that are identical except sizes. You could greatly reduce the memory footprint by doing this.

The decoupler section is definitely a mess. However, I often find a use for many of the odd sizes. They all use the same texture so I don't think it wastes memory.

there are some mistakes in the MM configs, you have on multiple occasions double resource entries after adding modules for TACLS. should only have one unique resource entry per part.

Example: the bold text is the duplicate

@PART[xALCOR_LanderCapsulex]:NEEDS[TACLifeSupport]

{

@mass = 2.5

RESOURCE

{

name = Food

amount = 103.3

maxAmount = 103.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Water

amount = 68.3

maxAmount = 68.3

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Oxygen

amount = 10511.2

maxAmount = 10511.2

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 17233.5

}

RESOURCE

{

name = WasteWater

amount = 0

maxAmount = 165.8

}

RESOURCE

{

name = Waste

amount = 0

maxAmount = 17.2

}

MODULE

{

name = LifeSupportModule

}

RESOURCE

{

name = CarbonDioxide

amount = 0

maxAmount = 138

}

}

Ah ha! Thanks for pointing that out.

It's not just that but it clutters up the menus. Using teakscale would allow you to have one single part and still be able to change to size of it to suit your needs. There is no reason to have so many duplicates of the same part.

I can think a few great reasons. However, the decoupler section is a terrible mess as you said and I do think we should trim it down.

Slight note: EFT-1 did not have solar panels as was displayed in the screenshots you posted with the black capsule.

And no service module for that matter. It was just a "boilerplate" SM mockup for eft-1. Yeah we were just showing some development textures in context.

i test flew the EMLV III-Orion (EFT-1 replica). axes in vab were flipped, had to use w instead of d to go east. rocket wobbled around and i eventually ended the flight because of wobble. standard launch profile (45 degrees at 10 km).

Please review instructions on page 1

Hey YANFRET, starting some work on the CMES stuff for Realism Overhaul, and your inbox is full, I can do all the resizing. After that, it'll be a matter of applying correct masses, fuels, and other configs. Feel free to drop onto our IRC channel and chat about the changes, make sure we're all on the same page.

(From the RO OP: If you'd like to talk to us, contribute, or ask for help on a bug, you can always find someone online on the RealismOverhaul IRC Channel (irc.esper.net #RO (Webchat, or use a client like HexChat))

Hey YANFRET, starting some work on the CMES stuff for Realism Overhaul, and your inbox is full, I can do all the resizing. After that, it'll be a matter of applying correct masses, fuels, and other configs. Feel free to drop onto our IRC channel and chat about the changes, make sure we're all on the same page.

(From the RO OP: If you'd like to talk to us, contribute, or ask for help on a bug, you can always find someone online on the RealismOverhaul IRC Channel (irc.esper.net #RO (Webchat, or use a client like HexChat))

Sweet. Also fixed inbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.