Chaka Monkey - Closed Development Thread

YANFRET

EDIT: Would you guys like me to create some PDFs with illustrations for each craft file, explaining mission opportunities and operation, or are you looking for just a paragraph or so at the in game description spot?

While I agree with NOS that while playing, I like having in-game documentation to reference, I also like printing out well done manuals to read in my spare time when playing is impractical. As long as you can copy/paste text, why not explore both options? BTW, this is my first post to this thread, as I just recently discovered this pack for myself. What an amazing thing you guys have pulled off! Love it!

Motokid600 said:
Are the radiators just cosmetic?

Yeah for now they are. It's on our to do list -- also when we fix that the Orion SM needs to be a radiator as well.

Hey, at least we stopped them from sun tracking right?? :)

8MwtVl.jpg

gm4hjA.jpg

2f9g3i.jpg

BETA 0.27.1 EFT-1 Commemorative Edition

Download from Dropbox:

â–º https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0orxm4ewq22xjz/CMES%20-%200271.zip?dl=0 â—„

ae0S7q.jpg

Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is a space program based on NASA and Boeing future proposals using heavily modified parts from a wide variety of content authors as well as new original parts, aligned to look and work together for one purpose: realistic simulation of space exploration. This project is modeled at 75% real scale.

Changelog:

[B]Updated to 0.27.1 EFT-1 Commemorative Edition[/B] 

-Updated KAE and Procedural Fairings DLL for 0.90
-Please note KAE is now included in this download for PF to work in 0.90
-Updated all Chaka Strut Connector parts to use new 0.90 module 
-Removed 35 duplicate parts sizes not needed for craft
-Reduced memory footprint by 11mb
-Added basic descriptions for all craft (more later)
-Reduced mass of fairing bases, flat adapters, and Laztek Nose Cone Product for increased control opportunities during ascent.
-Reduced mass and fuel of TALUS upper stage
-Added Minmus Express craft
-Re made Exploration Habitat craft
-Increased node size of EMLV III Engine Mount

Updated to 0.27 EFT-1 Edition 

[B]-Re engineered all craft files, engines, and lower stage fuel tanks to have less power and mass while maintaining similar erformance 
-Added MM scripts for FAR / DRE compatibility [/B]
-Added Exploration Habitat 
-Added Spacecraft Adapter 
-Added Laztek EMLV nose cone product 
-Re made all EMLV systems and textures
-Optimized various configs
-Fixed RS-68 Real Fuels issue (maybe)
-More new textures
-Revised Skylab II product
-Removed MLS 3.75m payload craft (FAR issue)
-Added 2 GEM SRB units to MLS MTV craft
-Re organized plugins to their own folder and added license links
-Removed un needed texture files
-Moved TALUS and SL_CM products to Propulsion and Structural folders
-Changed Chaka CBC core to mbm texture format
-Changed Rover Support Lander craft to have lower center of gravity when landed and raised dock port locations to match rover

Updated to 0.26.1 

-Remade strut connector part cfg so that[B] entire pack is now compatible with ATM[/B]
-Removed un needed modules from docking ports.
- Verified compatibility with the following products:

Active Texture Management
  Animated Decouplers
  Baha Constellation parts
  Bio Domes parts
  CactEye Orbital Telescope
  Chatterer
  Environmental Visual Enhancements
  Habitatpack + Firespitter Plugin
  JSI RPM  
  Kerbal Attachment System
  KW Rocketry
  Infernal Robotics
  NavyFish's Docking Port Align. Indicator
  Planetshine
  Realchute
  Trajectories
  Tweakscale 

-Special thanks to [B]pw4x3r [/B]for testing all those mods with this pack to verify

Updated to 0.26.0
-Moved infamous strut connector texture to TGA to see if it becomes friendly with Active Texture Management for you
-Increased height of Orion stage adapter ring by 30% to match official specs
-Fixed RS-68 gimbal dependency (stock gimbal @ 1.0 now)
-Fixed surplus mass of Station Core craft(s)
-Added MLS/SLS to 3.75 craft ( Orion, Station core, Station Attach )
-Added new RCS part with 10 power for Monkey Transfer Vehicle docking ease of use

Updated to 0.25.9 IFD Edition
-Fixed ASET / JSI finger jam
-Remade all craft files
-Remade all subassemblies
-Removed BS IVA calls causing craft failurs
-Fixed heatshield assent name and craft files
-Changed fairing texture to PNG
-Added missing Orion Decoupler texture
-Fixed all JSI / RPM issues (It's fixed, ******)
-Added "Launch Rings" to all craft files, to prevent vehicles from exploding if KJR is not present
-Removed KJR from zip file (STILL RECOMMENDED FOR GENERAL MONKEY SAFETY!)

Updated to 0.25.8 
-Fixed heatshield asset name and craft files 
-Added KJR to zip to prevent launch explosions when not useing KJR due to new destructable launchpad

Updated to 0.25.7 
-Changed Porkjet internal asset names to have an "x" at the beginning 
-Adjusted affected habitat moduls to look for "x..." internal -Created MM scripts directing JSI to the Chaka Porkjet folder

Updated to 0.25.6
-Removed MechJeb casing from Support Lander craft file
-Removed duplicate OMS engine asset
-Increased RS68 node attach to 3

Updated to 0.25.5
[B]-Fixed right click issue on habitats and pods (caused by science module order)
-Fixed asset name issue of Aerojet Kerbodyne OMS engine
-Recreated affected craft files (this part breaks saves)
-Increased power and capacity of Orion LES
-Moved Orion LES function into the staging order before fairing sep[/B]

Updated to 0.25.2
-Fixed Cargo Bag prop path to fix craft loading issue
-Removed Porkjet plugin to fix craft loading issue

Updated to 0.25
-Fixed node placement for .25 on numerous parts
-Added career mode support
-Added science support
-Added TAC life support .... support
-Reintroduced porkjet IVA's
-100+ new textures
-50+ part cfg adjustments
-10+ Revised craft files
-Removed any parts not needed by new craft
-Added NOS Altair and Lander
-Added Monkey HTV and node habitat
-Added Monkey static solar
-Added KW inline SRB (modified)
-Added Aerojet Kerbodyne Orion thrusters
-Many more changes to be listed later

Updated to 0.12
-Removed all PorkWorks IVA content to avoid conflict with JSI (look forward to adding those back in the future)
-Changed all Pods and Habitat internals to ALCOR MONKEY IVA
-Updated some EEMLV Station craft files 
-Added EEMLV - Station Core Truss and Station Science craft files
-Enlarged fairing on Munar 2x craft to prevent failure
-Fixed SLS Block 1 staging issue

Updated to 0.11
-Added missing ALCOR emissive texture which caused capsule to turn white if interior flood lights were turned on.
-Added instructional message to main page insisting on latest JSI release.

Updated to 0.1:
-Initial BETA release

mBjerx.jpg

• DELETE ALL PREVIOUS VERSION FILES!

• KSP 0.90 REQUIRED!

• Recommend installing this pack into a clean KSP install for the first time.

• If you are using JSI, please make sure you have the most current version

• This pack is compatible with FAR / DRE

• Procedural Fairings DLL and KAE are included (required) in this download. Please be aware of potential conflicts if you have an older version already.

Notes:

Copy CMES to gamedata.

Optional ALCOR props folder included for rover IVA

Copy VAB folder to Ships

Copy Subassemblies to your save (optional)

Important:

CAREER MODE AND SANDBOX MODE NOW FULLY SUPPORTED

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement is highly recommended.

General Instructions:

All Chaka Monkey flight vehicles are optimized for the following flight path:

lOJ8wn.jpg

You don't have to use autopilot, but you can if you like. Feel free to experiment with other flight paths.

Before attempting to drive Alcor Monkey Rover, disable torque on rover base and ASET pod!!

* Warranty void if operation by non-monkey technician is attempted.

* Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems, GmbH is licensed by the original authors noted below to distribute this content.

* These parts should not interfere with content you may already have from these authors with one exception; the procedural fairings DLL is included in this -- so you need to be extra aware if you have another copy of that around somewhere and deal with that. I expect you may use whichever version of the DLL you prefer or the one included here, however please do not use this download as a reference for the most current version of the procedural fairings DLL.

Downloadable items on this page contain modified content made available under the conditions of original license from:

Winston & Kickasskyle - KW Rocketry

Alexustas - A.L.C.O.R. Pod

Bobcat, Ind. American Pack

Tiberion - NovaPunch

Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau

Lionhead Aerospace

Sumghai - SDHI Service Module System

Alexey Volynskov (Keramzit Procedural Fairings)

BahamutoD - RS-68 Engine

Sumghai / Fustek / Nothke - Habitats

LandeTLS - SLS Block I fairings

TALISAR - Talisar Large Upper Stage

Porkjet - Habitat IVAs

Blackheart612 - Aerojet Kerbodyne

Kommitz - Chaka Nuclear Thermal Engines

Nertea - Octo-Girder Argon Segment

Iannic-ann-od / Athlonic - Chatterer plugin

NoOneSpecial - NOS Altair pod and lander

Chaka the Monkey would like to extend a special thank you to these developers. They worked very hard to make these parts and we have organized them for Monkey Exploration because they are excellent.

LICENSE

All media items available for download on this forum thread are copyrighted by their respective original authors and released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 License. You can read the full terms of the license on the Creative Commons webpage here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

I7QN0Z.jpg

* Please note, vehicle images below have not been updated for the latest version, some minor differences exist. Thank you for your patience while we re create the art work for this update.

yqYi48.jpg

Edited by Snark
Link to defunct website removed by moderator

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\CMES\Pod\ALCOR_Monkey_Rover\Spaces\ALCOR_Monley_Internals

You've misspelled Monkey in the internals folder.

No no, Alex spelled it that way, and that's the way he likes it. He was nice enough to adapt the ALCOR ASET IVA for Monkey use and we are proud to keep his method of spelling, correct or not.

Edited by YANFRET

I would really like to use this mod, it looks too good to be true. How does it interact with Kerbal Isp Difficulty Scaler? Ideally I'd like to continue using "FAR to real life". Does that render your vessels unusable? They look like the have way too much Delta V for just getting to orbit in stock, so I'm hopeful.

This mod is obviously awesome - and I do apologise if this is an utterly ridiculous question..

- is there any possibility to also release the parts scaled to 'Kerbal' values (ie. 1.25, 2.5 etc)?

Because it's amazing.

I'm not sure if YANFRET would do that or not, but if not... you could always do that yourself. Just pop into the config files of each and change the scale to fit your needs. :)

This mod is obviously awesome - and I do apologise if this is an utterly ridiculous question..

- is there any possibility to also release the parts scaled to 'Kerbal' values (ie. 1.25, 2.5 etc)?

Because it's amazing.

You can rescale the parts but you can make them all the stock size's it just don't look right one of the big tank and engines are a off size so you have to pick if you want the pods to be stock or the tanks for it to look right as, I found out when some one ask for the American Pack to be stock size they had to pick pod or tank and the pick pod so the tanks are still just alittle off size but this pack that would take so time to do.

EDIT- Well, I did it twice, I posted a American Pack tweakscale and a stock rescale.

Edited by Mecripp2

Because it's amazing.

The systems depicted just don't work with stock sizes, so the choice was to pick one real world size, peg it to a stock size, and let the other vehicles scale to that. We chose the Orion capsule which is 5 meters and we chose 75% (because SLS Block II only fits in the VAB if it's 75% or less) making it 3.75 meters, so all Chaka 3.75 meter tanks are analogous to real world 5 meter tanks, and then the other parts are scaled to match that reference point.

Several of us are working on a 1:1 real scale version for RSS/RO which is the exact opposite of what you asked for, but that's what we're doing.

EDIT: IF you start with the basic Orion EMLV II vehicle, from the faring adapter down the stack it's 3.75 so you can adapt it to 5 or 2.5 from there if you like, however the EMLV II vehicle is personally my favorite in the entire pack so I would just use that if you asked me.

Oh and thank you very much!

Edited by YANFRET

Just downloaded this. Am AGOG at the quality. Even on half-res everything looks utterly gorgeous. THE best mod of it's kind, IMHO. A tip of the hat to everyone involved...

Thanks!

Did you notice the rover tracks easter egg in that one pic of the ascent?

Whoa, I hadn't noticed! Very cool

I love real space program parts packs. This one is AWESOME!! Thank you very much.

Most welcome!

I like the look of this mod, but the sheer number of parts and dependencies concerns me. All I'm after is Orion, its service module and the ICPS. I don't want all these extra components, especially duplicate parts from KW Rocketry.

Do you think it would be possible to create smaller, more modular packs?

I like the look of this mod, but the sheer number of parts and dependencies concerns me. All I'm after is Orion, its service module and the ICPS. I don't want all these extra components, especially duplicate parts from KW Rocketry.

It is always possible to delete all the parts, except the ones you need. This is true for any mod and not only this one. If you find that you use a mod for only a part or two, delete everything else. It makes your KSP faster and leaves room for additional mods. You don't have to rely on the mod authors to release specialized mods.

or

You can download the original mod that Orion came from (minus YANFRET's textures and improvements) here.

Edited by noonespecial

It is always possible to delete all the parts, except the ones you need. This is true for any mod and not only this one. If you find that you use a mod for only a part or two, delete everything else. It makes your KSP faster and leaves room for additional mods. You don't have to rely on the mod authors to release specialized mods.

I know that, but it's usually difficult to determine which parts are for what.

You can download the original mod that Orion came from (minus YANFRET's textures and improvements) here.

I do use the SDHI mod (or will continue to use it when a 0.90 update comes out), but that does not include the ICPS or the more realistic Orion capsule.

Actually, that's not where the Orion came from. The Orion pod is from Bobcat's American Pack, and the service module uses a retextured tank from NovaPunch, I think. Anyway, YANFRET did create a lite version with only the Orion (and maybe also the launch vehicle, not sure) and uploaded it some pages back. I'm not going to search for that link, though. Maybe it should be posted to the OP?

I will update "Chaka Orion Lite" which contains specifically the EMLV II vehicle, I will include the EFT-1 black Orion and add a link to the main page when time allows.

Edited by YANFRET

The systems depicted just don't work with stock sizes, so the choice was to pick one real world size, peg it to a stock size, and let the other vehicles scale to that. We chose the Orion capsule which is 5 meters and we chose 75% (because SLS Block II only fits in the VAB if it's 75% or less) making it 3.75 meters, so all Chaka 3.75 meter tanks are analogous to real world 5 meter tanks, and then the other parts are scaled to match that reference point.

Several of us are working on a 1:1 real scale version for RSS/RO which is the exact opposite of what you asked for, but that's what we're doing.

EDIT: IF you start with the basic Orion EMLV II vehicle, from the faring adapter down the stack it's 3.75 so you can adapt it to 5 or 2.5 from there if you like, however the EMLV II vehicle is personally my favorite in the entire pack so I would just use that if you asked me.

Oh and thank you very much!

Where is this work happening? Is it open to public participation and/or contribution?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.