[WIP][0.90?] PlanetFactory CE

Kragrathea

As having some knowledge of coding the radius part is commented out remove the "//" and should look something like this
Radius=200000

Then set it to your desired radius And should work.

Lol, wow, never thought it would be an Issue, Thanks man!

dooz's draka system is coming soon

First planet of the system Kulara a desert planet with a reddish atmosphere surface looks cool once i get the clouds working

Kulara's moon Gordon has a very low periapsis but has very cool views

Second planet Typhon a very very warm kerbin like planet with a thick cloud cover underneath it beautiful views Soaring mountains green plains

Third planet Kaiser a gas giant mainly composed of noble gases like neon xenon argon helium krypton and radon in the low pressure in kaisers upper atmosphere the lightning causes the noble gases to discharge creating a glowing effect that looks pretty.

Kaisers first moon Marek

Marek has a microscopic SOI maneuver nodes are recomended but has the best view of Kaiser.

Kaisers second moon Kunar

A very rocky and mountainous moon reaction wheels are recomended

Kaisers third moon Don

Best moon for star gazing but the planetarium lies about its atmosphere.

Will feature.

Clouds mod integration

Sidos urania system clouds integration for those who use sidos urania system

Will probably feature

Science defs

I highly recommend using the clouds mod because you wont see typhon's clouds or kaisers absolutely awesome light show.

Keep an eye out for it.

Edited by Dooz

Not dying. Just resting.

New version almost ready but got side tracked by shiny toy.

Krag

Heheh. Take your time, youwe been doing excellent work with the plugin so far.

Did you see my post on the exact nature of the science archive bug btw? I know its probably not high priority as its not game breaking. But it would be nice if it was possible to make it work properly as i really like its functionality.

... HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

THIS IS IMPOSSIBRU!!!!

how'd you get rings?

TELL ME NOW.

He simply replicate several time the technic i made for urania : a huge amount of cloud layer made with a little pixel pattern.

Simply in it's exemple he forgot to made the shadow. but that not really work, cause the cloud mod don't allow to put real ring around planet

Edited by Sido

He simply replicate several time the technic i made for urania : a huge amount of cloud layer made with a little pixel pattern.

Simply in it's exemple he forgot to made the shadow. but that not really work, cause the cloud mod don't allow to put real ring around planet

Well, sort of, You could say Sido is the pioneer of cloud rings, and I Amplified it:). I had thought about this before, but I didnt know how to apply the texture coorectly, alphas and such. I had found that since we cannot create rings using the Sentar like format, plain old textures 'n all, and clouds act as layers, We could at least try to utilize alpha texture and create a thin line, giving the effect of a ring, and multiple layer of such would look as close as we could get for now, so yeah. Oh and shadows? we should both try that, a black line instead of the white for the rings, with a cloud scale of say, 1.05.

My Post for my Planet factory :CE systems, including the one here, is this: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/69058-Hercules-Titan-Hypatos-PlanetFactory-CE-Systems%28With-Rings%21%29?p=959667#post959667

Edited by Yaeah

I actually know the cause of the science archive bug, and will work on fixing it.

For those curious, it is caused by "duplicate" names in the system, the instantiation clones a few names as well, and that causes a dictionary to break. In theory, if I renamed all instances of a planet's local/scaled space gameobjects, it *should* work.

edit: I got a new button (One of my planets) to appear, but its blank, and the system still doesn't work. I'm not sure if its possible to fix, at least with my knowledge.

Edited by KCreator

I actually know the cause of the science archive bug, and will work on fixing it.

For those curious, it is caused by "duplicate" names in the system, the instantiation clones a few names as well, and that causes a dictionary to break. In theory, if I renamed all instances of a planet's local/scaled space gameobjects, it *should* work.

edit: I got a new button (One of my planets) to appear, but its blank, and the system still doesn't work. I'm not sure if its possible to fix, at least with my knowledge.

Thats good info! I had no idea why it didn't work and I despaired of figuring it out. Maybe there is a special asset for the science planet?

Yea, It looks a bit like something that should exist, isn't found. Perhaps it is a parented game object, perhaps not... The logs don't give much information other than a vague "null reference exception". However in my tests, I was able to completely erase the archive list, and cause Wernher to spawn... It was rather strange.

If its a special component, then it might be found with a simple

foreach( Component c in pSysDictionary["Kerbin"].scaledVersion.GetComponentsInChildren(Component) )
{
print( "LOG FOUND: " + c + "\n" );
}

Ill report any new info I find.

edit: Found something interesting... the scaledVersion var has a blank GameObject. Will experiment further.

edit2: This "Blank" Gameobject has data, but is hidden somehow... Its very odd.

Edited by KCreator

My planet pack development is going well Heres all the planets of the system

Typhon with Clouds

909B509B72B7AC9DDF65248246BE51C120A51748

Now For the desert planet of the system Kulara

62B6DB2A697632EFC74215BC507B1EB3040A5FAD

NO DONT ASK KULARA DOES NOT HAVE AXIAL TILT ITS PART OF THE CLOUDS

Now for the Gas giant Kaiser it is maninly composed of Noble gases So its basically a giant Neon light

B4719107C36E4617C9451ADDD160F0BF34CBC19F

A bonus Kaiser from one of its moons

D4E8CB95449FB7DB7FD5831D80364367EE58FADB

Kaisers Colors was done with clouds mod and looks Boring withoutit

Edited by Dooz

Here's a complete list of the planets and moons for the Kerbol System for the pack that i'm creating.

--

Xubol

Moho

Eve

Gilly

Kerbin

Mun

Minmus

Duna

Ike

Dres

Vostina

Jool

Laythe

Vall

Tylo

Bop

Pol

Bloorsgh

Gax

Gepero

Gavlmead

Essisi

Finevea

Egar

Percii

Lishy

Agrea

Massalia

Contra

Floshplanit

Tiberius

Torkulus

Shyimu

Dokin

Mostur

Polesta

Slypol

Nimbusi

Finor

Tchemeoth

Iacden

Thekel

Detheri

Kuir

Creen

Tritus

Worccha

Tialiss

Lerird

Ploouto

Bluto

Karion

Jameer

Bokan

Jebediah

Delat

Edited by Sylandro

can someone show me how to use costom bump maps (how to you make a new bin file that uses the imported normal and color maps)

When you add the planet delete the .bin file and when you load the planet in the game put a ship in orbit around the planet(hyperedit) and create the scaled space

When you add the planet delete the .bin file and when you load the planet in the game put a ship in orbit around the planet(hyperedit) and create the scaled space
that didn't work for me, it looked like a smooth default sphere from ship view, and a planet with a bump map (not the one i used) that has default on it from.

this is my config

PFBody
{
name=Blanton
templateName=Minmus
flightGlobalsIndex=752
}

CelestialBody
{
bodyDescription=Yabba
//GeeASL=0.66
//Radius=14000
rotates=False
rotationPeriod=4040
initialRotation=180
tidallyLocked=False
}

Orbit
{
inclination = 0.9
eccentricity = 0.00
semiMajorAxis = 2500000000
LAN = 0
argumentOfPeriapsis = 0
meanAnomalyAtEpoch = 3
epoch = 0
referenceBody = Sun
}

PQSMod_CelestialBodyTransform
{
//deactivateAltitude=180000
}
PQS
{
//radius=14000
minLevel=1
maxLevel=10
}
PQSMod_PFDebug
{
order=99999
modEnabled=True
minAlt=999999
}
PQSMod_VertexPlanet
{
modEnabled=False
}

PQSMod_PFOffset
{
modEnabled=True
offset=500
order=5
}
ScaledExport
{
templateName=Minmus
mapWidth=2048
maxHeight=4000
hasOcean=false
oceanHeight=0.0
exportBin=True
removeAlpha=False
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightMap
{
modEnabled=True
//order=160
heightMap=Blanton_height.png
heightMapDeformity=6000
heightMapOffset=0
scaleDeformityByRadius=True
}

PQSMod_VertexColorMap
{
modEnabled=True
//order=150
vertexColorMap=Blanton_color.png
}

PQSMod_PFHeightColor
{
modEnabled=False
order=30
lerp=True
landClasses
{
LandClass
{
altStart=0
altEnd=0.5
color=0.99, 0.99, 0.99, 1.000
}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.5
altEnd=0.6
color=0.0, 0.02, 0.02, 1.000

}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.6
altEnd=0.7
color=0.15, 0.150, 0.155, 1.000

}
LandClass
{
altStart=0.7
altEnd=1.0
color=0.99, 0.99, 0.98, 1.000
}
}
}
PQSMod_VertexHeightNoise
{
modEnabled=False
order=10
//noiseType=RiggedMultifractal
deformity=10
seed=45756
frequency=2
lacunarity=2.5
persistance=0.8
octaves=6
mode=Low
}

PQSMod_VertexSimplexHeightAbsolute
{
modEnabled=False
//order=100
seed=3339066
deformity=1300
octaves=6
persistence=0.6
frequency=0.80
}

and this is what my folder looks like

http://imgur.com/12eBKi5

this is my folder

Edited by laggerd

My planet pack development is going well Heres all the planets of the system

Typhon with Clouds

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/3314951615507574225/909B509B72B7AC9DDF65248246BE51C120A51748/

Now For the desert planet of the system Kulara

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314951615507579527/62B6DB2A697632EFC74215BC507B1EB3040A5FAD/

NO DONT ASK KULARA DOES NOT HAVE AXIAL TILT ITS PART OF THE CLOUDS

Now for the Gas giant Kaiser it is maninly composed of Noble gases So its basically a giant Neon light

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314951615507583580/B4719107C36E4617C9451ADDD160F0BF34CBC19F/

A bonus Kaiser from one of its moons

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/3314951615507589650/D4E8CB95449FB7DB7FD5831D80364367EE58FADB/

Kaisers Colors was done with clouds mod and looks Boring withoutit

Kaiser looks great, big fan of the neon glow!

Not really a PlanetFactory CE post but more of a PlanetFactory post.

Designed a "lander" which is successfully able to "touch down" on Thud fairly consistently (touch down meaning only the cockpit survives) if I HyperEdit it into a dead standstill 300 km above the surface. Which I like. Cos it means I might be almost able to get a Kerbal down there without cheats. Even though said "lander" abuses KW Rocketry.

I know that at the time of the original PlanetFactory thread no one had made it to Thud without infinite fuel. Does this still apply?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.