A bit of nostalgia for my fellow players

SkyHook

Remember when the weekly KSPTV were great? For me, it was something to look forward to, and a treat. The devstreams were not only informative, but genuinely entertaining and surprising. Every week, you could count on being dazzled by something that the devs were working on. Asking questions to the devs was an added treat as well. Wasn't that great?

As an aside, I'll ask a question: Are the current devstreams adequate? Why or Why not?

Remember when the weekly KSPTV were great? For me, it was something to look forward to, and a treat. The devstreams were not only informative, but genuinely entertaining and surprising. Every week, you could count on being dazzled by something that the devs were working on. Asking questions to the devs was an added treat as well. Wasn't that great?

As an aside, I'll ask a question: Are the current devstreams adequate? Why or Why not?

I have the same feeling. I really miss how they showed us the work in progress and when you had the devs just streaming while coding/bug fixing some of the work in progress features like when c7 tried to fix a bug in the rover wheels they were working on.

Now it seems to be mostly just regular ksp tv stream with maybe a few q&a with the community manager with them only answering the questions we already know about.

But either way it is better than nothing and much better than what most game companies does these days.

All I really cared about was the dev notes, and they still do those every Tuesday (with the exception of the week they released 0.23 and I think they missed one or two around the holidays which is perfectly reasonable).

So I for one am happy with the dailies. If nothing else, I'm a little more likely to check out a mod or video because there's no dev notes that day to distract me.

I miss the faint possibility that a dev might make an off the cuff remark live on air, sending the community into apoplexy.

Bring back live streams, mangled interpretations, and promises of free stuff!

I miss the faint possibility that a dev might make an off the cuff remark live on air, sending the community into apoplexy.

Bring back live streams, mangled interpretations, and promises of free stuff!

I agree, but sometimes it was a bit much.

*In a coming update, we're gonna add a planet.''

Everyone goes *HALF-LIFE 3 CONFIRMED!*

Dev notes are about the only thing worth reading. Sometimes there's a nugget of awesome hidden in the other dailys but, for the most part, they're snooze-worthy. The Friday streams are pretty good if there's a dev on-board, but they also trend towards snooze-worthy.

Dev notes are about the only thing worth reading. Sometimes there's a nugget of awesome hidden in the other dailys but, for the most part, they're snooze-worthy. The Friday streams are pretty good if there's a dev on-board, but they also trend towards snooze-worthy.

I just wish that devnotes were more prominent. I miss them more often than not. The devnotes are nice but a nice devstream is MUCH better! Maybe I should just buy my cane and start wagging it at people now lol.

I always enjoyed the blogs devs would sometimes put up about what they'd been working on. HarvesteR has some great ones both on the old blog and in the forum blog system. They're interesting to read, and normally about issues and features you don't often see in other games, such as modelling a whole planet. Describing the problems and the solutions also gives the sense of being in it together, and a greater appreciation for the work put into it.

I just wish that devnotes were more prominent. I miss them more often than not. The devnotes are nice but a nice devstream is MUCH better! Maybe I should just buy my cane and start wagging it at people now lol.

As a fogey, people wanting to get information via video over nice, simple text makes ME feel old.

As a fogey, people wanting to get information via video over nice, simple text makes ME feel old.

I much prefer video; the paperboy isn't welcome in my neighborhood anymore after he got lazy and started using separatrons. Although I have no idea what happened to the milkman.

Define simple :)

IDK, there's something about seeing something that makes the information seem more valid and entertaining.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.