[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

Was really getting worried about missing solar panels. Glad to see you made some! Do they fold out like the panels in Probodobodyne or do they unfold with multiple joints?

Multiple joint. The sort of unroll.

This pack is fantastic, very nice work. ;D

For the next versions, it would be nice if there were specialized modules, like habitation, communication, storage, power plant, etc... Otherwise, really nice parts. Can\'t wait for docking to be implemented.

Meanwhile, I tried to build a worthy space station with it:

6KH86h.jpg

The thing was a pain to put in orbit, but is now in a near circular, 0 deg inclination orbit, awaiting rendez-vous.

More pics: http://imgur.com/a/1pPPl

Did you really launch that from the pad? I think that this whould pwn my processor even without a launch vehicle (altrough novas parts are the best ones I have, a Probodobodyne craft generates no lag at all, while a single MechJeb kills the framerate even in the VAB)

DAMN DUMBPHONE KEYBOARD!!!

Thanks for the comments, but there\'s no way I could have done it without the great Nova parts!

Did you really launch that from the pad? I think that this whould pwn my processor even without a launch vehicle (altrough novas parts are the best ones I have, a Probodobodyne craft generates no lag at all, while a single MechJeb kills the framerate even in the VAB)

DAMN DUMBPHONE KEYBOARD!!!

Dedalus II was put in orbit by the old kerbal way! The ascent plugins never seem to work and each time I tried it in the past, it ended in flames, and the insta-orbit plugin kills half the fun for me.

The launcher vehicle was simple but effective. I used big 3m parts from another Nova pack. One center part (2nd stage), and 4 shorter radial 3m boosters (1st stage). The secret ingredient is a lot of struts. I used the Kosmos struts since they are the strongest while being the lightest, and they also look pretty good.

I had plenty of fuel to make it in orbit, the harder was keeping it stable on the way up. Once in orbit, is was strangely stable. The first version I made was half the length, but was very unstable and tilted heavily to the front. I\'m at work right now, but I could post a pic of the launcher tonight.

The framerate was not so great during launch, but was OK once in orbit. Can\'t wait to try a couple rendez-vous with smaller crafts, the docking section in the front looks a little empty right now! :)

I find that the insta orbit only feels like cheating for me when I use it to put something in orbit that should have been reasonable to fly up myself. When I put really big things in orbit, like massive space stations, it would have been build modularly in orbit anyway rather than being shot up all at once. I can\'t wait for docking when we can legitimately build things in orbit. I just hope the strength of the docking couplings at as strong as the bonds between normal modules are.

and what does the multipurpose module do?

Nothing AFAIK.

Novasilisko, did you say that those thrusters located the center of inertia of the craft and reduced thrust where needed?

Yes.

tumblr_lws6gnp5NI1qht847.png

Oh praise teh Lawd!

That fixes the main problem with my systems. I have to disperse those cargo packages you had in the previous version all over to balance my craft.

Going to de-lurk for a moment here to ask - what is the source of the cubic 6-port adapter that I see at the core of these various space stations, etc? The one with crew tunnels often stuck to it?

Thanks!

Going to de-lurk for a moment here to ask - what is the source of the cubic 6-port adapter that I see at the core of these various space stations, etc? The one with crew tunnels often stuck to it?

Thanks!

There\'s one here in BACE v2 and a variety of such nodes in the KOSMOS pack

There\'s one in this pack; it\'s invisible in the list, but there should be a conspicuous gap.