[Collection] Silisko Industries - BACE 0.3(1) released! [April 28]

NovaSilisko

I built this.

3ELAz.jpg

hyEy8.jpg

Since then I\'ve launched 2 more similar modules and successfully made a rendezvous. Unfortunately without the ability to dock they naturally drift apart.

Guest GroundHOG-2010

If you don\'t use their logo, you\'re golden.

Better to not use their logo as well, renember april fools...

Hey Nova, I\'m having a problem with the Bace node. I\'m trying to attach the tanks and propeller on the left to the \'back\' side of the node there, such that it will be propelling the airship forward. When I try to attach it, it flips around and trys to attach propeller first. Putting 2 nodes in a row didn\'t work. The blimps have also attached to it upside down.

Epsilon\'s node suffers the same problem, so it\'s possible that it has something to do with what HarvesteR did/n\'t do when he made whatever changes it was to make nodes like this possible.

Hey Nova, I\'m having a problem with the Bace node. I\'m trying to attach the tanks and propeller on the left to the \'back\' side of the node there, such that it will be propelling the airship forward. When I try to attach it, it flips around and trys to attach propeller first. Putting 2 nodes in a row didn\'t work. The blimps have also attached to it upside down.

Epsilon\'s node suffers the same problem, so it\'s possible that it has something to do with what HarvesteR did/n\'t do when he made whatever changes it was to make nodes like this possible.

everything except from the node that it is attached to the ship is counted as down.

Jesus KerBeard, you might want to also download the Kosmos pack. Aside from an overwhelming amount of station parts, they have inverters that would let you flip the direction for any attached part.

I gotta say I\'m a little antsy too, but I figure he\'s probably actually enjoying other games right now and is waiting until docking is here before releasing anything big.

Quite right. I\'ve been practicing my high-detail modeling skills in preparation for normal maps in 0.15. Here\'s a 6-meter habitation module for Orbiter:

VFhgN.png

Quite right. I\'ve been practicing my high-detail modeling skills in preparation for normal maps in 0.15. Here\'s a 6-meter habitation module for Orbiter:

VFhgN.png

There will be normal maps in 0.15? This is going to be epic.

Pretty much. You can fake the lighting details of a complex model on a simple model surface. Though I\'m not sure if it\'s confirmed for 0.15, C7 is working on normal mapping for his models, but I didn\'t think he was expecting it to be used immediately

Damn Nova, The texture in that Hab module is Beautiful. Will the new 'Normal maps' put extra strain on graphics cards or make it better? I know i can turn the graphics settings down (i have) but it\'d be nice to be able to turn them back up.

Damn Nova, The texture in that Hab module is Beautiful. Will the new 'Normal maps' put extra strain on graphics cards or make it better? I know i can turn the graphics settings down (i have) but it\'d be nice to be able to turn them back up.

I haven\'t textured the hab module yet... And, it depends on what you do with them. They let you put much more detail in a low-poly model, so if done right, they can greatly improve performance.

Jesus KerBeard, you might want to also download the Kosmos pack. Aside from an overwhelming amount of station parts, they have inverters that would let you flip the direction for any attached part.

Ah, thanks. Excuse my derping and forgetting to attach the picture there.

Hey Nova, was wondering if you were planning on implementing Alchemist\'s PowerSat plug-in with your probe kit. Would be really nice to have an observer that I could actually keep pointed at the surface. I know you\'re busy working on your own stuff, but was just curious if I should keep holding off doing some of my planned missions.

Mr. Silisko, could you give some tips to a developing modder? What programs should I use? What should I try to model first? I\'m crap at texturing, do I get someone else to do it? I\'m on a Mac, if that helps. Also, could you consider rehosting the original BACE for those who want to build Munbaces?

EDIT: Whatever happened to those Probodobodyne hinges?

Mr. Silisko, could you give some tips to a developing modder? What programs should I use? What should I try to model first? I\'m crap at texturing, do I get someone else to do it? I\'m on a Mac, if that helps. Also, could you consider rehosting the original BACE for those who want to build Munbaces?

On a mac eh? I don\'t know what modeling software works on a Mac, but I use 3ds max. Photoshop works fine on macs.

For the hinges, r4m0n made his universal hinge part for Damnyoujapan so I figured it wasn\'t needed from me anymore.

First you need the KSP SDK for Mac

HASH Animation Master, Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4D, and Carrara are among many 3D modeling programs available for Mac OS X at a wide range of price points. Blender is a free, open-source 3D modeling application that is very full-featured, but the interface is very un Mac or even Windows-like. You will need something that has a Collada (*.DAE) model format export function.

Pixelmator is a good low-cost alternative to Photoshop for the Mac, if you don\'t need CMYK editing mode. You can download it from the App Store for $30.

If you need a free image editor, you can get GIMP to work on a Mac, but it too is a bit awkward.

You will also need a text editor. The TextEdit.app that comes with Mac OS X is perfectly adequate, but you may want something else if you intend to do a lot of coding.

Sketchup also exist for Mac, but it\'s hard to use. You can also download Wineskin that permits to run PC .exe on macs, it works pretty well.

If you want to code, MonoDevelop is what you need. It\'s included in the Unity dev pack (free or Pro) or you can have it separately if you don\'t want Unity.