Space Shuttle "tagged" with graffiti

MissKerbin

The ignorance of people never fails to astonish me. A symbol of one of the greatest engineering feats ever accomplished by humans defaced by bigots and idiots. If they are ever caught, they should be educated on the wonders of space exploration. Shown what it is to have a collective dream and to accomplish that dream. This absense of a greater goal over the individual want is what will doom us as a species.

The ignorance of people never fails to astonish me. A symbol of one of the greatest engineering feats ever accomplished by humans defaced by bigots and idiots. If they are ever caught, they should be educated on the wonders of space exploration. Shown what it is to have a collective dream and to accomplish that dream. This absense of a greater goal over the individual want is what will doom us as a species.

Hmm. Yes. I heard about this back in November. Fortunately it's just a replica. The real shuttles are safe and secure in proper museums. The most dangerous thing they'll have to face for the rest of their days are the throngs of tourists gaping in awe and taking pictures.

Still, this is a disappointing thing to see, but hardly a surprise. As for the perpetrators, I rather expect they have very little to contribute to society as it's unlikely that they can be reeducated or reformed, but perhaps they will at least have to pay for the damages they've caused, not that they can likely afford it.

This absense of a greater goal over the individual want is what will doom us as a species.

^^^ This Void... This. If nothing exists greater than the self, then what reason is there not to be selfish? Hopefully, when we are living on Mars one day, we won't have to put up with people like that.

'Educated in the wonders of space exploration' IE ejected from an ISS airlock. Stuff like this is very sad and I struggle to figure out how some people fail to appreciate how vital space exploration is to us as a species, both short and long term.

By educated in the wonders of space exploration, do you mean kicked out an airlock?

My first reaction was, "oh my god" and then I thought, who is my god exactly? But that's another question for another thread...

Anywho, the people that would tag a mock shuttle are the same people that don't believe we went to the moon. Stupid people. I try not to use the words "love" and "hate" lightly. They are, after all, the most extreme point of two extreme emotions. But I must say, this is the kind of thing that motivates me to hate stupidity.

Anywho, the people that would tag a mock shuttle are the same people that don't believe we went to the moon.

I'm not sure about that. I don't know exactly what the graffiti said, but there were quite a few people upset that what got sent to Houston was a mockup.

I'm just waiting to see how they're going to get the 747 to the site. They moved the mockup from it's original location. It's closer to the road and it has another fence around it now.

By educated in the wonders of space exploration, do you mean kicked out an airlock?

I'd rather throw them in an Orion Capsule, then hit the heat shield once with a hammer, and send them on a lunar free return trajectory. Have fun re-entering at 13.5km per second (which is actually what a free return trajectory send you home at, Apollo 11 reentered at 12) with a fractured heat shield!

I'd rather throw them in an Orion Capsule, then hit the heat shield once with a hammer, and send them on a lunar free return trajectory. Have fun re-entering at 13.5km per second (which is actually what a free return trajectory send you home at, Apollo 11 reentered at 12) with a fractured heat shield!

fractured heatshield, only that? they deserve to hit earth's atmosphere with just spacesuits,

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.