[0.25] SceneJumper (0.2.1) - added "Save and Quit" and "Revert" buttons!

theSpeare

theSpeare said:
Those look quite nice! Do you mind packaging it into a .zip and I'll add another download link that people can use and overwrite the current icons. Cheers btw :

No prob. Feel free to either link to this or take it and put it somewhere where you can control its availability. I have no plans on taking it down ever so if you just link it, it'll be available for the forseeable future :)

[defunct site link removed by moderator]

theSpeare: oh, i did'nt know that. thanks a lot :)

5thHorseman: i like the icons, i'll download it.

No problem :) I'd like to make my own GUI but I don't think it's worth the trouble. blizzy has pretty much done most of the work and I'm thankful for that.

I'd originally had a window pop-up when the pause menu was brought up; it would be next to the menu, close to the Space Center button. I didn't know how to solve it for the other scenes though. I wouldn't want my own buttons, it'll be messy alongside everyone else's Toolbar games. Then maybe a hybrid? It's a bit of a pain and unnecessary. The folders function in blizzy's mod is more than great enough.

I am unsure of when the game triggers an autosave, but I would guess it does so on scene changes - did you cover this?

Could you also include a quick-save-quit button?

(At night I am always tempted to ALT-F4 out of the game, as the quit option in the main menu can take forever to close the game.)

I am unsure of when the game triggers an autosave, but I would guess it does so on scene changes - did you cover this?

Could you also include a quick-save-quit button?

(At night I am always tempted to ALT-F4 out of the game, as the quit option in the main menu can take forever to close the game.)

Tempted? I do it all the time :D I usually esc and go to the space center first but if I was just futzing around, I just close it wherever I am.

This may sound silly, but would it be possible to have the buttons on the Space Center screen as well? I play with the RSS mod and the rescaling of the planet makes the *initial* space center screen a bit wonky, and buildings are hard to select. It works fine after going into a building, but that first bit can be a real pain and this plugin could make my life a lot easier :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll look into adding adding support for just quitting the game. I may work on a config file where you can choose which buttons you want shown.

Recover and go to X maybe a bit difficult; depends what I can scrounge up in the API.

Should be able to update by tonight or so on.

I'm not entirely sure how best to describe an issue I have with this mod but I'll do my best, I use the "go to VAB" button to move my spaceplanes to the VAB to put them on external boosters to make a shuttle like assembly, it works perfectly and I can even save them in the VAB and then load them up again, but revert flight goes back to SPH even after I launched from the VAB, and even if I loaded the vessel in the VAB, not sure if this is a bug with this mod strictly speaking, but it's annoying nontheless and a fix would be appreciated.

I've noticed that all three buttons are set to IButton.Important=true. Is there a need to do this? Important=true is more intended for buttons that notify the user of something important, such having received a private message, or running out of fuel.

Woops! Sorry. If you remember, this was from way back when I asked you if there was any way to circumvent toolbar from preventing any presses whilst paused. I put in Important as an attempt to see if it would work; just never remembered to take it off in the end - especially since it didn't raise any flags. I'll be taking this off when I release a small version update.

EDIT: Also, I'll be slapping on the newest version of toolbar!

I'm not entirely sure how best to describe an issue I have with this mod but I'll do my best, I use the "go to VAB" button to move my spaceplanes to the VAB to put them on external boosters to make a shuttle like assembly, it works perfectly and I can even save them in the VAB and then load them up again, but revert flight goes back to SPH even after I launched from the VAB, and even if I loaded the vessel in the VAB, not sure if this is a bug with this mod strictly speaking, but it's annoying nontheless and a fix would be appreciated.

This might be the game saving the "revert to" scene as whatever you first went into. I'll see if I can do anything about it; otherwise I'm sorry!

Edited by theSpeare

Ah, I think it's because the saved ship even in the VAB gets "type = SPH" in the top of the .craft file, (even though it goes into the VAB folder) I can manually fix it however I wonder if there is some way to make it save VAB/SPH correctly after moving?

I'm trying to add a workaround instead where if you double-click the "toVAB" or whatever buttons it'll revert instead of jumping. Will that work instead?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't really think that through. Maybe I'll make a revert button instead and just have a very small GUI show up.

Edited by theSpeare

Updated with two requested features:

- Revert button (complete with choosing which scene you want to revert back to)

- Save & Quit button

- Most buttons have been given Space Center visibility as requested

Let me know if there are any problems as I haven't been able to heavily test this version.

Updated with two requested features: ...

Hello!

I made a thread here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70041-Quick-buttons-or-keys-to-reach-individual-parts-of-the-KSC-easier, and some buttons in the style of KSP.

I checked your download, but currently I have no idea how to add buttons that would take me to the astronaut complex or the R&D.

I would be grateful, if you just told me, how you made the coding. And what are the codes (abbreviations) for the individual SC buildings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Torraqe, sorry for the late reply. I've been searching for awhile now to see how I could go about bringing up the Astronaut complex and R&D but I've been having difficulty finding any solution.

Source is included in the download. Jumping between scenes is actually very easy and is done through the HighLogic class. You just have to invoke the LoadScene() method with a GameScene as the input argument. I've checked and there doesn't seem to be a GameScene for R&D/AC.

• 2 weeks later...

This mod makes me happy while highlighting my brain's shortcomings, ha..

Those transitions have always annoyed me but I've never really consciously thought of them beyond basic recognition of them as the cause of my annoyance. My brain simply dismissed them as necessary annoyances.

Modding the game to skip the transitions never would have crossed my mind, haha... evidently my brain doesn't think in practical terms.

I had a thought while going back and forth from the VAB to my orbital construction base around Minmus. Getting to the VAB is a snap (thanks to this mod) but getting back to my base is a pain. I doubt it's easy but just in case it is, would it be possible to add a "go back to where you were" option that would work in that way?

Or even expand on the idea and have a button that is a drop-down, that would let you go between the last 10 or so ships you'd controlled in the past, perhaps with an ability to "sticky" one or more of them.

Probably (way) outside the range of this mod but this mod's what made me think of it so I'm posting it here :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.