Work-in-Progress [WIP] Design Thread

GusTurbo

On 5/13/2016 at 11:10 PM, TangerineSedge said:

That is a beautiful looking Panther (It is a Panther, yes?) turret, and the Tiger to the side looks awesome as well. :D Can't wait to see it finished. 

Also, what is it with landing gear think it is so special recently :P

Close, it's supposedly for a T-34. On second thought, their turrets look similar.. Also, how you were able to recognize the Tiger I is beyond me. :wink:

Be like all the other structural parts, landing gear, and serve your purpose.

10 minutes ago, Columbia said:

Close, it's supposedly for a T-34. On second thought, their turrets look similar.. Also, how you were able to recognize the Tiger I is beyond me. :wink:

Be like all the other structural parts, landing gear, and serve your purpose.

Put enough hours into War Thunder in the Tiger and you start seeing it in your sleep :D

But now you say it, that does look like a T-34. Guess I didn't recognise it without crosshairs pointed at it :P

Two of my kOS F-22 Drones racing around Scott Manley's air race course.  I'm gonna add the cannons back on and use BDA guard more to make them shoot at each other if one flies into range.

Edited by clown_baby

I rebuilt the Fw 190 from the ground up (fifth time I did so) and performance is much much better.

It doesn't look much different from the earlier one, and I still need to make the dorsal fin smaller as well as make it faster.

J5svBY9.png

Qiqpyzo.png

Here's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and now I finally got the chance to work on the idea again with the new updates for 1.1. It's an Offshore Helipad, my original plan was to install one of these at the Old Airbase Island with a Tug Boat and Barge. The water depth was very close to what I wanted and then it began to slide. I have another idea I will try that should anchor it better. Also the pad got damaged during this test. This is still in the works and I am not sure exactly what the complete project will look like. I have a video I plan to upload later showing how this was accomplished. It was really exciting to see a plan working as expected after a few tweaks.

Offshore Oilfield Helipad

Barge Fabrication

I am using a Barge I built from an older version and noticed it will need to be enlarged for the Heliport Structure. This is the rear section which is one of three showing an idea of how many struts are used in these Barges. I found it was a little fascinating to see so many of them and thought to share it for this WIP.

** Here is an update and also a heads up for others that may have forgotten. I guess the joke is on me today, steel does not float anymore and this barge is now just a memory.*** I guess it's back to the drawing board and use other flotation ideas for my barge. I think everyone is now using empty fuel tanks or cargo bays.

5TCHm95.png

Barge & Heliport Update

I now have a nice Barge to transport the Helipad to the Island. I am reaching 42 m/s now and working on the unloading process. I was able to unload and upright it but not without damage.

Edited by castille7

7 minutes ago, castille7 said:

Here's something I've been wanting to do for a long time and now I finally got the chance to work on the idea again with the new updates for 1.1. It's an Offshore Helipad, my original plan was to install one of these at the Old Airbase Island with a Tug Boat and Barge. The water depth was very close to what I wanted and then it began to slide. I have another idea I will try that should anchor it better. Also the pad got damaged during this test. This is still in the works and I am not sure exactly what the complete project will look like. I have a video I plan to upload later showing how this was accomplished. It was really exciting to see a plan working as expected after a few tweaks.

Offshore Oilfield Helipad

When I did my oil rig i tried something similar but i ended up just floating it

During my Oilfield project the barge I built was getting so much speed I thought about making a huge speed boat, it's going 43 ms and has 40,000 fuel so we will be traveling for a while. I plan to change its design a bit before releasing.

RipTide

On 16-5-2016 at 2:17 PM, Columbia said:

I rebuilt the Fw 190 from the ground up (fifth time I did so) and performance is much much better.

It doesn't look much different from the earlier one, and I still need to make the dorsal fin smaller as well as make it faster.

J5svBY9.png

Qiqpyzo.png

Actually I think it's a big improvement!

New build for my D.Rafale (replica) using the new awesome cockpit from AOAtech.

Since it will fly with FAR (tried it already, it's awesome) the curves have to be very smooth, so ended up using procedural parts rounded cones.

Tweakscale is used too to get the correct proportions of the engines.

Next, I'll add BDA weaponry and AI pilot to fight some random crafts. Should be interesting. :0.0:

IXgrGQm.jpg

Edited by RevanCorana

Me again!

I've been developing a version of the Zarya for about a week now, and I'm pretty happy with it. Here are some prototype photos (in the end it will be welded quite heavily hopefully):

I'm pretty happy with the greebly bits I've got. However, while the top is accurate, it just looks too bland for my liking. Any suggestions on how to add texture to it? The Russian modules are generally very detailed in terms of different levels and elevations of individual random things, and I really want to get it looking nice. 

Awhile back I created a fighter for a fictional nation - The Unified Provences of Kilo.

I am not done upgrading it yet-I still have much to fix.

It is called the KF-59E-2 Spearhead. As of now it is used in combat; just made some upgrades. As I litterly just registered (Been a lurker for awhile), I have no clue how to add pictures, so I shall give you a link to the craft on KerbalX:

Link

This is just an experiment so far: the Giga Buggy.

i got really annoyed with the wheel mechanic in 1.0.2... its horrible, and the stock wheels are even worse. so i though... why not make my OWN wheels? this horrible abomination was the result...

max of 28 m/s currently (i can force it up to 40 but it's highly unstable)
YlGhLnz.pngYCyiuWS.pngqszmAdw.png

required mods:
-kerbal joint re-encorcement
-SXT
-KSPI-E
-OPT 1.8 (v4 moded and updated)
-Kerbodyne plus
-mk2 Expansion
-Infernal Robotics

(for 1.1.2)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm7rsgtwqjxk623/Giga%20Buggy.craft?dl=0

Edited by Rushligh

23 hours ago, Rushligh said:

This is just an experiment so far: the Giga Buggy.

i got really annoyed with the wheel mechanic in 1.0.2... its horrible, and the stock wheels are even worse. so i though... why not make my OWN wheels? this horrible abomination was the result...

max of 28 m/s currently (i can force it up to 40 but it's highly unstable)
YlGhLnz.pngYCyiuWS.pngqszmAdw.png

required mods:
-kerbal joint re-encorcement
-SXT
-KSPI-E
-OPT 1.8 (v4 moded and updated)
-Kerbodyne plus
-mk2 Expansion
-Infernal Robotics

(for 1.1.2)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nm7rsgtwqjxk623/Giga%20Buggy.craft?dl=0

That looks quite awesome actually but rip partcount >O