HGR 1.875m parts R&D Thread [Mod reboot in progress] (First Dev build now available)

Orionkermin

In regard to the G90's lack of thrust, I honestly haven't had a problem with it as a first stage engine. Granted I don't use it on my heaviest lifters, but five of them onion-staged together makes a rather nice Soyuz analog rocket for launching a Soy-Juice.

Good looking two stage landers are hard to pull off, great job!

In other news I've gotten a little done on the first new OM. The texture is still WIP and I haven't started the IVA yet. I've also modeled and mostly UV mapped the 1.875->2.5m adapter. (Not shown)

2014-05-21_00003_zpsf4771e3f.jpg

EDIT: Yes, I'm definitely much happier with the silhouette this thing gives the Soy-Juice. Hopefully when I get to re-doing the shenzhou style one, I can do it justice as well.

screenshot53_zps0b64ae7b.png

Edited by Orionkermin

In other news I've gotten a little done on the first new OM. The texture is still WIP and I haven't started the IVA yet. I've also modeled and mostly UV mapped the 1.875->2.5m adapter. (Not shown)

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/2014-05-21_00003_zpsf4771e3f.jpg

That looks great!

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/2014-05-21_00003_zpsf4771e3f.jpg

whoa that's awesome, what are you going to name it? like L3M0N or 0R4Ng3?

EDIT: Yes, I'm definitely much happier with the silhouette this thing gives the Soy-Juice. Hopefully when I get to re-doing the shenzhou style one, I can do it justice as well.

Good thing is that when you do work on it, you already have a model to work with.

EDIT: And please name the new OM the L3m0N, and the shenzhou one the onion.

Edited by Pockrtplanesairways

The OM looks ridiculously awesome.

@XkaOnslaught, how did you go about making that lander? Are those structural panels?

yup, i just stuck panels on 4x symmetry x2 on the sides of the aux fuel tanks

@orionkermin damn thats one sexy onion there.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/screenshot53_zps0b64ae7b.png

Those new textures look much better and stockalike then before

Have you worked on the IVA yet?

Oh my kod...

Constant, whiny, repeated, unwanted posts on people's threads. Jeez man, modders have lives you know, and they can't always work on things all of the time. Not only that, but bugging people over it won't get it done faster, in fact, it slows them down. They sit there, and they read posts from annoying users, and it demotivates them, it makes them feel bad about it, it makes them question why they want to spend their own free time working on something that goes to an ungrateful whiner.

I'm expecting this post to get removed by the powers that be, but seriously, consider the things you are writing from another persons standpoint.

OrionKermin. Good job, I like the new OM. A lot. Like, I will use it forever, a lot. GJ man, GJ.

Oh my kod...

Constant, whiny, repeated, unwanted posts on people's threads. Jeez man, modders have lives you know, and they can't always work on things all of the time. Not only that, but bugging people over it won't get it done faster, in fact, it slows them down. They sit there, and they read posts from annoying users, and it demotivates them, it makes them feel bad about it, it makes them question why they want to spend their own free time working on something that goes to an ungrateful whiner.

I'm expecting this post to get removed by the powers that be, but seriously, consider the things you are writing from another persons standpoint.

OrionKermin. Good job, I like the new OM. A lot. Like, I will use it forever, a lot. GJ man, GJ.

I believe Pockrtplanesairways has been called out on this behavior before.

2014-05-24_00001_zps625d6ea1.jpg

Solar panels with working antennas and the 1.875>2.5 adapter. I've got to tone down the orange a bit on the adapter, I'd like it to match the jumbo 64.

The OM's IVA is started but still has a bit to go. Hopefully it won't be long. I'm considering putting out an update Monday so people will have something to play with while the forums are down.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/2014-05-24_00001_zps625d6ea1.jpg

Solar panels with working antennas and the 1.875>2.5 adapter. I've got to tone down the orange a bit on the adapter, I'd like it to match the jumbo 64.

The OM's IVA is started but still has a bit to go. Hopefully it won't be long. I'm considering putting out an update Monday so people will have something to play with while the forums are down.

Oh wow that's pretty. A kerbalized Soyuz is exactly the mod I am sure people are looking for. This combined with those Soyuzesqe tanks from goodspeed this will be epic! Can't wait! Also just FYI I like the orange.

Do you have heat shields/is this compatible with Deadly Reentry?

Edited by sp1989

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y477/morrowindorion/2014-05-24_00001_zps625d6ea1.jpg

Beautiful. Truly Beautiful. Will those fairings allow for a true Soyuz abort? (LAS pulls Fairings, OM and pod away, and the pod pops out the bottom and deploys it's chutes.) Because much Kudos to you if it does. And those solar panels, oh kod they are things of beauty.

I will offer this suggestion though: Make your own LES tower/LAS. The stock one does not do your parts justice, and I think one more LES/LAS would be brilliant. Right now, we have stock LES, and an Aerojet Kerbodyne/Orion LES, so a Russian/Soyuz themed LES would be brilliant. It would make the perfect trio, and you would do brilliant job with it.

Oh, and here's some rep, for good measure. #TotallyNotABribeOrAnything

EDIT: Just looked through some previous pages, and that Pumpkin lander can is so kawaii!

Edited by Deathsoul097

Beautiful. Truly Beautiful. Will those fairings allow for a true Soyuz abort? (LAS pulls Fairings, OM and pod away, and the pod pops out the bottom and deploys it's chutes.) Because much Kudos to you if it does. And those solar panels, oh kod they are things of beauty.

I will offer this suggestion though: Make your own LES tower/LAS. The stock one does not do your parts justice, and I think one more LES/LAS would be brilliant. Right now, we have stock LES, and an Aerojet Kerbodyne/Orion LES, so a Russian/Soyuz themed LES would be brilliant. It would make the perfect trio, and you would do brilliant job with it.

Oh, and here's some rep, for good measure. #TotallyNotABribeOrAnything

EDIT: Just looked through some previous pages, and that Pumpkin lander can is so kawaii!

Thank you but I can't take credit for the fairings. They're procedural fairings. I used the interstage upside down on top, so it will allow for a soyuz style abort. I don't think I'm going to make dedicated fairings as I feel like it forces one single way of using the parts. (Because the craft would have to fit in the fairings, which would be of a specific size) I don't really like the idea of parts that only serve one purpose/build style. But who knows, I often end up doing things that I say I'm not and vise versa.

Thank you for your kind words though. ^^

Have you seen this? It has a nice soyuz style LES. Which reminds me, one nice thing about the proc fairings inerstage adapter is that since you can change the baseplate's size, it can be fitted to any escape tower you could want.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.