Asteroids coming soonâ„¢ to KSP!

gutza1

TBA is the closest I can give right now, Mitchz.

My guess is it'll be part of .24

and that the working with NASA thing may be the awesome thing Maxmaps mentioned in the squadcast last Friday.

Also this: http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/

These are just suppositions on my part.

Edited by FITorion

Why do I get the feeling that I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing is going to be a very popular song choice when playing this particular mission?

I know I'll be listening to the entire soundtrack. :) Somehow, despite all its flaws, I think Armageddon is one of the greatest movies ever made.

Edited by Mitchz95

That article claims the asteroid is going to smash into Kerbin. I'm pretty sure that's not accurate; at the very most, it will be an NKO.

Well, if you look at the Polygon article, it explicitly says that an asteroid will put Kerbin in danger.

Players will first have to launch a spacecraft to fly alongside the asteroid, the equivalent of parallel parking one missile next to another. Then they will have to push the giant rock into a stable orbit around the Kerbal's home planet without creating an extinction-level impact below. Finally, they'll need to safely land on it.

Yeah. Got it from the http://www.polygon.com/features/2014/1/27/5338438/kerbal-space-program. So it will not hit it. But, if it does. Bye bye Kerbals on Kerbin.

As noted on the thread I've started, I wish to announce that I intend on capturing the asteroid, then landing it safely on Kerbin via powered landing.

Subject to actual rock handling mechanic, rock size, and my attention span, of course.

As noted on the thread I've started, I wish to announce that I intend on capturing the asteroid, then landing it safely on Kerbin via powered landing.

Subject to actual rock handling mechanic, rock size, and my attention span, of course.

You're not planning on then lifting it back into orbit? I'm surprised :D

• 1 month later...
Do you guys know what I will do with that Mission pack?

Kerbin will never whitness me putting an Asteroid into ist sphere of influence. Instead I will bring one into a polar Orbit around Ike.

Reviving the Magic Boulder :)

If Squad revives the Magic Boulder for 0.24, put an asteroid into a retrograde polar Ike orbit. If that doesn't count as taunting the Magic Boulder, I'm not sure what does.

Asteroids will fly out of the asteroid belt at all directions, not just Kerbin.

I'm not sure if I've just got the wrong idea of what you said, but I from what I've have just read, I think you think there will be lots of asteroids going everywhere. I think there is only going to be a few, not an entire belt of them.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.