Who introduced you to KSP?

Cobalt60

So, if you are reading this, I am going to go out on a limb and say...

You probably play KSP.

So who told you about it? Was it your friend? A youtuber? A relative?

I have a bit of a dilemma here, because Duncan from the Yogscast originally was the one who's video I watched and told me about it, but NerdCubed was the one who really convinced me to play it.

So who convinced you to play KSP?

I was convinced to play KSP way back when the Yogscast's Sips did a playthrough. I think it was right after 0.14 was released, and KSP was still rather unknown; Sips may have been the first major Youtuber to have ever played KSP. Regardless, I was hooked.

This man named Goog Lee. I met him down at the gas station, and we were talking for about 2 hours when he brought it up. I went home and downloaded it (This was back in the .13 days), and it was a lot of fun. I've been here since, and I even remember the switch from the old forums to these ones.

I really found it on the 51'st page of a Google search, but you said Who. So I made up a story.

I first saw this game when youtuber Kurtjmac started his lets play of the game. That was all the way back in 0.13. I actually didn't end up buying the game until 0.17, though, because that was when I thought it was appealing enough to be worth the money.

Was watching an Elon Musk keynote on Youtube from late 2012, at the end someone in the audience asked him if he had ever heard of KSP since they thought the video of Falcon 9 re-entering and landing propulsively looked like KSP.

Old Youtube videos that showed very early builds of this rather fascinating game where you could torture these cute green people in a variety of explosive ways. Oh, and actually build rockets as opposed to simply flying what you're given like in Orbiter.

It took me until 0.18 before I managed to get the thing though. Various reasons. Glad I snuck in before the April/May 2013 cut-off for "all DLC as well as future core updates" offer though.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.