[0.24] Distant Object Enhancement 1.3.1 - Planets/satellites in the night sky! (7/29)

Rubber Ducky

Fantastic work on this!

I was wondering myself if anyone made a mod to see other planets in the game... adding satellites is just an extra touch!! :)

This is really neat, I think if I saw correctly I zoomed while in IVA (using the Kerbal's natural telescopic eyes :P) and saw Jool and its moons.

Dang! I wish I had thought of this. Very clever. Love the concept! Once I'm done with volumetric clouds and rings, we may have to talk about joining forces.

Thanks! I absolutely love Visual Enhancements, and I'd be more than happy to combine or work together.

Version 1.3 released! See the OP for details. Should fix the vessel rendering bugs, and adds a few new features.

I don't see the planets (their flares) any longer in 1.3, while they were fine in 1.2. I also have not been able to spot any satellite flares.

Edited by Dappa
clarification

I don't see the planets (their flares) any longer in 1.3, while they were fine in 1.2. I also have not been able to spot any satellite flares.

Could you enable debug mode in the settings menu (and apply it) and load a flight, and then send me the output_log.txt?

From all the 1.3 changes THIS

VYMvQjd.png

is my favourite. I wanted something like that and visible planets and satellites for a long time now.... I think I can now die happily .. :D

EDIT:

Dang! I wish I had thought of this. Very clever. Love the concept! Once I'm done with volumetric clouds and rings, we may have to talk about joining forces.

would like to see that happening :D

Edited by DasBananenbrot
Made one post out of a double post :D

Wow, this is amazing. It's really shocking how much such a seemingly small thing can add to the game. First seeing planets and vessels in orbit shining and now realistic black sky when looking at planets. It's an awesome thing to land and see your orbiter skim across the sky.

Visually, this is fantastic. I need to put more powerful zoom scopes on my ships, so I can do some better target spotting. I do have one request/nit: can you use checkboxes for the enable / disable switches in the UI? There is ambiguity on the labels as to what a button press is going to do - if it says "enable (feature)", does clicking it mean it will turn on? Or that it is currently on, but clicking will turn it off? Both behaviors seem to be present, so I'm not entirely sure what is turned on or turned off. Yes, some of the buttons show or hide other elements, but not all of them do.

rubber ducky can u post a few ss in a imgur gallery on first page showig the how differnt the flares and brightness is. also wouldnt it be better to have a green dot to light up or off for the menu to tell whats disabled or enabled.

Visually, this is fantastic. I need to put more powerful zoom scopes on my ships, so I can do some better target spotting. I do have one request/nit: can you use checkboxes for the enable / disable switches in the UI? There is ambiguity on the labels as to what a button press is going to do - if it says "enable (feature)", does clicking it mean it will turn on? Or that it is currently on, but clicking will turn it off? Both behaviors seem to be present, so I'm not entirely sure what is turned on or turned off. Yes, some of the buttons show or hide other elements, but not all of them do.

Ah, will add some indicators in the GUI for the next update. Thanks!

I have a little question, I know everyone else it seems has been loving the dimming on the skybox, but I ask, is there anyway to disable the dimming? I've played with the settings a bit and I can't seem to disable the dimming.

Still an amazing mod anyways.

I have a little question, I know everyone else it seems has been loving the dimming on the skybox, but I ask, is there anyway to disable the dimming? I've played with the settings a bit and I can't seem to disable the dimming.

Still an amazing mod anyways.

Why would you want that? Isn't MOAR realism always good