medikohl

Favorite System?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite System?

• Boris
    • Fearless
    • Wot

• 2 weeks later...

How about a planet that has a solid shape similar to an apple core/hour glass and the remainder of the sphere looks like a gas giant? Idk if that is possible but you would basically have to land at the poles. The atmosphere in the equator part would be super thick and too dense to be feasible.

So basically a Peabody with deep atmosphere?

Another gas giant has some potential. The main problem is the system is getting rather cluttered, my design philosophy is basically making it more distant is not making it more difficult, just more time consuming. Thinking about changing saiyraes' orbit, does anyone know offhand the minimum safe distance from the sun?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I ran my first mission to these planets, specifically the Fearless system.

Peabody: https://flic.kr/p/AWapMw

Brag: https://flic.kr/p/AFR7Bo

Dudley: https://flic.kr/p/AXgXoW

Fearless: https://flic.kr/p/AkuxxV

The planets did appear a bit rough around the edges, some obviously not-ideal terrain, though I only orbited and didn't look close up. (Hindsight says I should have fitted landing legs, I could have done Peabody and maybe Dudley). The orbital arrangement is pretty neat, with Brag and Dudley being in similar orbits and both pretty close to the edge of Fearless's SOI, I had to figure out to depart them without leaving the Fearless system outright.

The only thing that really did seem dodgy are the biome maps, which seem to bear little or no resemblance to the terrain. Peabody in particular has Minmus's biomes, it seems really goofy. And Brag has three biomes with the same name; while that appears to work it's somewhat confusing.

This was all in the New Horizons system too. I have a custom config that adjusts the orbits so the Boris planets fit in better, but it's not quite finished, I need to check the SOIs in my combined Boris-Lave system.

• 2 weeks later...
So in KSP 1.0.5 and Kopernicus 0.5.2 this pack is almost completely broken. Only Wot loads up, the others all fail to appear. It's probably no coincidence that Wot's the gas giant, while all the others are solid bodies.

Hopefully it's just a simple thing to change common to all the configs.

Update: So turns out the fix is [B]very[/B] simple. You just now need to use forward slashes ([B]/[/B]) not backslashes ([B]\[/B]) in the paths for the biome maps. Fixing those all up I loaded Boris fine with the mentioned KSP and Kopernicus versions.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I really hope someone takes over this mod and brings it up to date, it contains an interesting selection of planets. I'd do it myself but I have neither the time nor the coding expertise to do so.

It should be compatible with 1.1.2, just try it and see :) 

13 minutes ago, eloquentJane said:

I really hope someone takes over this mod and brings it up to date, it contains an interesting selection of planets. I'd do it myself but I have neither the time nor the coding expertise to do so.

Once I have finished updating my mods I will bring this one to be compatible with 1.1.2

I will only provide a download tho, no support. If anyone wants to take it from there I will more than gladly leave them the cfgs.

Patched version of Boris for latest KSP

Literally all I did was changed \es to /es as I mentioned before. This has only had the bare minimum of testing - the planets load with KSP 1.1.2, Kopernicus 1.0.3, and appear correct in the Tracking Station. They could be buggy when you try landing on them.

Feel free to reupload somewhere better for hosting KSP mods.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.