Sol Project

Yaeah

If you want to use it, here's a config I made for Real Solar System at 1/10 scale. link

It should have all the right physical and orbital parameters for a 1/10 size solar system.

Basically what I did to scale the solar system: multiply all distances by 1/10, all masses by 1/100, orbital and rotation periods by 1/sqrt(10), atmosphere heights and scale heights by 5/8. This results in a system that's very similar to the Kerbin system, with the scaled down planets having the same surface gravity as the original ones, and the right period from Kepler's laws, and scaled-down Earth having the same atmosphere as Kerbin.

This is just gorgeous. What's the performance impact like, with so many celestial bodies added to the already exited Kerbol system?

Just testing, but with just the gas giants loaded I read 306 MB used From Gpu-Z(I have texture reduction and squad texture reduction on)

• 1 month later...

It seems Poryy and I are kind of inactive in this project, So i guess i will just release a system pack containing just the gas giants so you guys can fly around the planets seeing what we have:P No moons.

Edited by Yaeah

It seems Poryy and I are kind of inactive in this project, So i guess i will just release a system pack containing just the gas giants so you guys can fly around the planets seeing what we have:P No moons.

Here are the current gas giants, Just orbiting Kerbol at respective 1/10 orbit altitudes.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vsmft4ume3blyh2/Yaeah%27sSolPlanets.zip

• 9 months later...

Hello. Has This Project stoped devolopment? Because if it has i would like to join and start it up again i aready have everything set up to start makeing the planets and i have aready released a demo of my version on curse and Kerbalstuff

links: [Licences are not fixed]

Edited by Rich

The only (and biggest) problem I foresee is how would I make it from Kerbin to Earth? Seems like I would need a VERY high Delta V and the only way to do that is with Nuclear engines. Another issue is return trips. If I do decide I want to explore Mars or Phobos, I would have to send a craft from Kerbin out there. Maybe include Extraplanetary Launch Pads so that you could launch from Earth?

I have installed other mods with planets and their systems reach just beyond Jool, maybe that would be a better option.

Also, the earth texture is mirrored, or backwards... I'm not sure of the other planets though.

The only (and biggest) problem I foresee is how would I make it from Kerbin to Earth? Seems like I would need a VERY high Delta V and the only way to do that is with Nuclear engines. Another issue is return trips. If I do decide I want to explore Mars or Phobos, I would have to send a craft from Kerbin out there. Maybe include Extraplanetary Launch Pads so that you could launch from Earth?

I have installed other mods with planets and their systems reach just beyond Jool, maybe that would be a better option.

Also, the earth texture is mirrored, or backwards... I'm not sure of the other planets though.

will be fixing the backwards earth texture

and for extraplanitary launch pads ill look it up

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.