What are you doing in KSP right now?

Clockwork13

strand some Kerbals on the surface of Laythe...

I did this about 10 in game years ago and I have been trying to rescue them ever since. 6 rescues have been conducted, all but one ending in failure. The successful one was just a rover used to take the kerbals to a flat spot. I'm now working on fueling up my (projected) 900t mother ship to bring them back in and preparing to send an SSTO to save them.

Building the first of two ships that will be used in a roundtrip throughout the solar system. The first ship will carry the crew, the second ship will act as a fuel depot at Moho, as well as carrying a lander to land on Vall, since the first ship will only carry the 2-stage Duna lander.

screenshot107_by_helge129-d7boryl.png

Finishing up my current major mission (Moho landing that turned into an Eve stop & Gilly landing because the transfer window was convenient), bringing it back to Kerbin now. Crazy mission made possible through the Near-Future Pack. Gilly landing from retrograde to its orbit turned out I think to be a pretty good practice run on how one might grab an asteroid. Though I'm sure setting up the rendezvous and matching velocity will be much more interesting.

Then will get to work pulling stuff out of orbit because I think the new pack might make it possible to remove a mod or two and I don't want any active and needed ships broken. Especially if the update breaks some plug-ins.

For the next while I think it will be goof off time when I play KSP waiting on news of the new pack because it looks like it should be imminent... and I should really get to re-reading Sandman (for the 5th time I think).

I may do some tests on some more experimental mods to see where they're at and provide feedback being that I'm figuring the game will get broken with the update.

building space planes w/ cargo bay that ill use to set up satellites like this one i made : "v4"

Screen+Shot+2014-03-26+at+3.47.42+PM.png

& playing in other copy (multiple copies to play around with different sets of mods that more or less share a trait i like for that style ex. one is all about spaceplances/shuttles with cargo bays ) i play with a set i set it up sole to be more difficult

I've been leaning towards modular builds and I think the Kokopeli is going to be my flagship of the KSC fleet. The only thing that was lacking was a rover to go with the lander. I think I have a solution. Welcoming back from some of my earlier missions, the Beagle Rover, the latest addition to the Kokopeli...

enC5NZdh.png

It is just a single seat rover but with it's wide wheel stance and low CoG, she really handles well. I wasn't sure this could work. The docking port being off-sided, I was sure it would throw off the CoM. But a test flight to Mun and back worked out better than I imagined. I added a couple KAS radial struts to the front end, for tie-downs, when docked, and a probe body so it can land or take off unmanned.

I'm planning the Co-24 at the moment as well as going through my lifter family again. :) The SLS parts should really allow a nice boost in capacity.

Due to the new SRBs I think another attempt at the space shuttle is in order as well! :D

In light of this.

CRhkX0k.png

hIZ9okI.png

I am working on a mission to the Moholes with (possibly refuelable) RCS sleds (little hoppers). I suffered a setback when my landing crane crashed on a test mission to the Mun.

I am also exploring the entire surface of Bop until I find the dead space Kraken (setting flags in a 10km by 10km grid so I know where I have searched).

I've actually been going a little station crazy in my current modded game. Currently I'm setting up a Science/refueling station around Minmus to serve as a stepping-off point for interplanetary travel and science collection around Minmus.

I've also put together a station in LKO to study "the effects of long-term space habitation on Kerbals" (i.e. how does TAC-LS' long term-regenerative techs work) and to serve as a rendezvous point for returning spacecraft and spacecraft heading out to the Minmus station.

The last part has been designing the transport infrastructure to effectively make use of these two stations. At first, I used a reaction engine tug to move station parts from LKO to Minmus, which is being replaced by a nuke tug. I'm also working on designing a crew transport to get Kerbals to the Minmus station, and back again. Frustratingly, I don't think the smallest 2.5m tank holds sufficient fuel for my design to comfortably make the round trip, so... back the drawing board on that one.

Designing more Jet Aircraft.

Built a couple of gliders. So far they stay aloft about 1 hour from 15,000 metres, micro-Jet engines off.

Thinking about how to build a mega spaceship from my Space Station.

Just finished a trip to Moho. I've returned Kerbals from all planets except the surface of Eve. So I'm twiddling my fingers wondering what I should do next. Eve is a crazy challenge, I don't know if I feel up to it today. But what should I do then? I don't know.

I am currently perfecting the design of my antimatter-powered spaceplane with an Alcubierre drive for my Interstellar playthrough. Despite the flaws here and there, it is capable of taking ol' Jebediah to the surface of any atmospheric body in the system and back in a matter of hours. It even comes with emergency braking parachutes which I have used for landing on places like Duna.

Carear mode, Space Plane Hanger only, Ferram installed, no fairings.

Currently I can land on minmus and Mun, and am working my way up the tech tree with that design. I might need the ARM joint reinforement to try and launch a larger, interstellar vehical, though I'm going to try my existing design docked together as a fake-asparagus.

Now that i have (FINALLY!) gotten the hang of docking, I am going to build a Kerbin Space Station (Oberon) and a Mun Space Station (Name suggestions, anyone?)

I also want to have a long-term Jool Space Station that can hop around the moons, but that's for when I have my 2 demonstrators working.

Over the past week (patiently awaiting ARM) I've been working on 5 different projects.

"Space Station Freedom" located in a 250X250 orbit above Kerbin can produce lots of science and is a testing ground for rendezvous of new craft.

screenshot49.png

Picture of the Station from a departing craft.

screenshot52.png

Another picture of the Station from my "Dragon" craft. (I personally think this one makes a good wallpaper :sticktongue: )

Another project I've been working greatly on is my "Mk2 Space Shuttle". (The spaceplane parts are from Porkjet's mod)

1%20On%20The%20Launchpad.png

On the Launchpad awaiting go for launch.

8%20On%20Orbit%20Operations.png

On Orbit Operations

9%20Docked%20to%20Station.png\

10%20Docked%20to%20Station%20%2ADifferent%20Angle%2A.png

Docked with the "Space Station Freedom" (This was the first rendezvous test)

13%20Re-Entry%20Underside.png

Screaming through Kerbin's atmosphere

My newest addition to my save file is my interplanetary craft with over 6,000 m/s of Delta-V in which I've named "Pegasus". (You'd get it if you have watched or read Voyage to the Planets) Reasoning for this craft is to go and pick up all my stranded Kerbals throughout the Kerbol solar system. All Kerbals will have been brought back to Kerbin alive before starting the ARM pack.

screenshot1.png

In a High Kerbin Orbit awaiting departure.

screenshot73.png

Jool Orbit

screenshot67.png

Leaving Laythe

One of the first Bases i've recently constructed is named "Precarious Base". It taught me how to properly land at specific targets from various orbits. My future bases will be on Duna and Laythe.

screenshot39%20copy.png

View from a distance and the steep cliff it is built next too.

screenshot39.png

View of the Base and the Crane used to put the modules in their correct places.

screenshot40.png

Beautiful view of the Base, Crane, and Rover with home planet Kerbin lingering in the sky. (Also makes a good wallpaper)

I've never been very good at SSTO's but I figured I would give it a go. This is my Skylon inspired craft, which features a cargo bay. After much testing I have made it to a stable orbit but with not enough fuel remaining to de-orbit or land safely. Future testing and modifications required. :cool:

screenshot83.png

Looking straight on

screenshot5.png

In the SPH

screenshot85.png

Different Angle.

Edited by bigdad84

I'm in the last phase of sending unmanned probes to all places (in particular Urania, then I can drop the mod for RAM sake) and constructing my second generation of standard lifters. Then I'll reboot my manned program with new efforts to the Mun, a station in LKO, a shuttle program and preparations for a Mun base and a mission to Duna. My play hinges a lot on mods and RAM is quite a thing, so I'm not doing everything at once.

Here is a selfie of the (failed) Aurora mission attempting to deliver a small surface probe to Lemoni in the Urania system.

g0ZGPHq.png

And the Altair 1-A launch vehicle.

dFc13xe.png

Edited by Antikris

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.