NASA pack free??

Dimetime35c

Okay is the NASA pack going to be free or is it going to be a add on? I'm just a bit confused by its name Pack. In my mind a pack is added content and not included in the base game. Hoping its free. Please squad make it free;)

Copy&pasted from the other thread:

As far as we've been told, the NASA Asteroid Retrieval Mission pack is a free official addon, similar to a mod but made by Squad, not the community. It will be a separate download and not distributed with the main game.

However, some things that only exist because of said mission, such as the SLS-inspired rocket parts, are said to be included in the base game.

All of this should be taken with a grain of salt because even if this was a fully official statement from a few weeks ago, things can change during active development and what it ultimately turns out to be, we'll know for sure no sooner than the day it is released.

its free, all the official posts have stated that it is free, every other thread that has asked this is full of posts saying its free. IT IS FREE!

how its being released has changed a bit. at first it was after .24 because of changes that needed to be made, now its going to be like .23.5 and .24 will be soon after.

no need to summon anything, just read the dev posts or do a search.

I thought all of the official statements said "free" and "in .24." Someone summon Squad. I forget how the chant goes.

the NASA Mission PAck will be free. From what I can tell, there will be two releases:

1. The 0.24 update to the game. Everybody gets this automatically. This will include new rocket parts that will be used in the NASA pack.

2. A little bit later, the actual NASA pack will be released. This is an actual DLC pack, and the DLC pack is free.

And....A round of applause for the first alpha to have DLC.

Jumping the gun before the gun it's even finished.

Honestly MR4Y, I don't see how this is a bad thing. Yes, the NASA pack can be classified as DLC but only if you take it in the most literal interpretation you give to it. Squad got the opportunity to work with NASA to develop new content for the game and educate people about spaceflight, I honestly don't see what's bad about that. Sure, you could argue that the NASA pack takes away development time from the rest of the game but honestly can you really say that that hurts the game? With the pack you'll get asteroids, new parts, new game mechanics.. it's just like a regular update to the game apart from the fact that it has to be downloaded and installed separately, I suspect because NASA is a government organization and can't give this level of support to a paid commercial product (hence release it as a mod, which is -technically- free).

This also doesn't mean that the devs aren't finishing the game - they're still working on it, the NASA pack is a bonus in my opinion. Why? Because it'll give you more, free content.

From the latest news (and also this) it looks like NASA pack will be simply an another update for KSP, and not a separate "mission pack" as it was planned before. Besides... it is free, so it doesn't matter in which form we would get it - but full integration into the stock game is more preferable of course, and fortunately it looks like this is what we getting.

Edited by jcraft

And... a round of applause for the second person on this thread to ignore literally everything and latch onto the buzzword "DLC". DLC is not universally bad, and there are no physical laws that show that it must only be made for completed games.

Also the fact that this isn't even DLC, so there's that as well. Practically every part of your post is flawed.

Unrustle the jimmies, guys.

That sounds horrible, btw.

It's free for all, adds a lot of great new stuff and there are a lot of details you'll be seeing about it in the next few days. If you don't like the sound of free bonus content, well, I can't help you there, but between ARM and the later release of 0.24, you're going to have a decent chunk of content to play with.

Unrustle the jimmies, guys.

That sounds horrible, btw.

It's free for all, adds a lot of great new stuff and there are a lot of details you'll be seeing about it in the next few days. If you don't like the sound of free bonus content, well, I can't help you there, but between ARM and the later release of 0.24, you're going to have a decent chunk of content to play with.

For real though, who's jimmies did you have to rustle to get in touch with freaking NASA?(that does sound bad) I'm only the millionth to say it, but the whole idea of this mission pack is really cool to me.

Oh, so 0.24 will come later...

Am i the only one that is mmore excited about contracts than asteroids?

No, I'm equally excited for both, so I'm kind of on your side. I do kind of want to cause an asteroid apocolypse, though.

I just find it interesting, the extremes people will go to, to find even the smallest thing to feign poutrage over. I wish I could roll back time, and have you kids sit on on the Hellgate: London alpha and beta tests. Whack was there. Let me put it this way: That beta is the baseline I measure from. A beta so soul crushingly horrible, that there was no intentional malfeasance capable of making it any worse! Imagine this: As a pseudoholiday event, critters drop british halloween candies. Which cannot be used, do not stack in your inventory, and cannot be deleted. Congratulations! You know have an inventory full of nothing. Bug reported, devs aware, and resolution comes... three months later. So for three whole months, the game was unplayable because things you couldn't dodge would clog your inventory.

Context people. I'll have free asteroids to land on Kerbin and smash into things over an inventory full of treacle any day of the week.