NASA/.24 pack release info

Dimetime35c

This is NOT a when will it be released thread! It's more a where thread. I'm not sure where to find the actual like date/info. Like will a thread be made on the dev section on the forum, or will there be a blog post, or dev tweet? The only reason I knew any update was released was seeing posts on the forum about questions relating to them. How long they were live before that point is anyone's guess. Finally where can I find like up to the date info on KSP? Would a dev tweet be the best option?

In this KSP-TV Squadcast, at the end, they announced a stream for I believe this coming weekend where they plan to showcase the ARM pack. I forget the exact date but you can easily get it out of the video.

Also, closed beta testing is ongoing; several copies are floating around in the hands of trustworthy people. Scott Manley admitted to having one, for example, but he of course acknowledges that he can't say a word about what's actually in it.

Based on this, I speculate that we will see a release either this weekend or early next week, when the devs have returned from GDC and found time to wrap up last minute stuff. I'm getting the feeling that they really want to release it already, probably just as much as we want to have it already :P

When it's released this will be announced everywhere: Facebook, Twitter, Web page, Tumblr, Forums, Steam..... you won't miss it :)

Yeah, this. Most of the time, I find out about releases when I see people starting a bunch of threads in the forum.

anyone else think that there will be a totally unexpected awesome feature they havent talked about thats just going to surprise us? maybe not in the ARM but in the .24

Regarding the slow pace of updates: nope.

The Claw looks a lot like KAS. This has merit for ordinary use (and not just hurling asteroids about). Say, latching onto spent stages, leeching fuel off them, and reeling them in for a drop into a celestial.

Or for improved landings on low-gravity bodies like Gilly, which was ridiculous to get a landing on. Simply grapple, and it can simulate weight.

Maybe if it works like the transfers through docking ports, I can even use it to get fuel and kethane from my miners.

Yeah, this. Most of the time, I find out about releases when I see people starting a bunch of threads in the forum.

Yeah, if I'm at all lucky I find out when I log into KSP for the evening ... but typically releases happen while I'm at work, so I find out either in General Discussion, or in one of the modding threads.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.