I enjoyed Scott Manley interview with you guys (ksp devs)

iNUKE

Absolutely, it was really fun to watch and listen in on the inner workings of this game we all love. Most all of the mathematics was beyond my studies (or recollection) but who knew I might actually learn or be inspired to learn from a video game with green snack eating beings?

Adding my voice to the chorus, I really did enjoy a video of the game devs talking about the processes that they have gone through, the kinds of issues that they have had, the sorts of crazy bugs and issues they've encountered in programming, and how that ties back into creating a space simulation. I know next to nothing about programming, yet the discussion between Felipe, Chad, and Scott were excellent. I'd gladly watch another 40 minutes of discussion.

Yes, this was really great. I love hearing frank and casual discussions about the inner workings and how the code comes together. As a programmer, I followed along and it made perfect sense compared to observations within the game. It's making me even more excited for the update, because just the improvements in the precision and calculations alone will make it a great update!

Sometimes Scott can seem a little arrogant, but love the videos from him, especially this one :-)

Meh scott is downright humble compared to some other internet personalities out there. I've found his videos most enjoyable both for entertainment value and on an intellectual basis. I always look forward to his videos because they are frequently very informative.

Yea. They keep us in the dark on many things, a major flaw of the media team IMO. Although I didn't really understand many of terms used, this is a great way to understand why everything takes so long: game making is really hard!

This is the sorta video is for the diehard KSP fans.

Not about all the dumb and fun stuff you can do with asteroids and the claw. But rather how the game mechanics have been fine tuned, and what sort of mathematical and programming challenges Squad has to fix to make the game better.

You may not exactly care what they did to make things better, but everyone will have to agree these changes are for the better.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.