[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

That looks AWESOME O.O one suggestion:put pictures in spoiler tags? so save page room? just a thought I know this is your topic kinda but just a thought ^.^

Can\'t wait for 1.5 now so I can build a massive orbital station =)

I\'ve been trying to launch the Mir station, but it sags under it\'s own weight, and is off balance in such a way that I can\'t find a rocket configuration that can even out the balance issues.

How did you manage to get this in to orbit?

I\'ve been trying to launch the Mir station, but it sags under it\'s own weight, and is off balance in such a way that I can\'t find a rocket configuration that can even out the balance issues.

How did you manage to get this in to orbit?

solar panels have no animations yet.

as for launching rockets.

note the strut connectors and how they are attached. it makes for a very stable rocket. However they are not in the current pack. they will be in the next release.

screenshot18.png

From what I see, you\'ve got the panels animated just like you did on the Durgun.

If so, the deployment time is going to be rather short.

Guest meteorite 101

Hey nomark or CBBP can you do me a favor. When you update the pack can you change the grey photo of Mir please.

Ok everyone, I haven\'t checked in on this thread in a little while since I\'ve been busy with school. Some announcements:

1. The next update to the Space Station Parts Pack will be, at the latest, the end of next weekend, Mar. 19th.

2. The reason for the delay is a re-balancing effort that the team is undertaking. The parts are going to be made lighter, and will follow a universal weight standard of a half-ton per cubic meter. This will not only make the pack easier to use, since stations will no longer require ridiculous amounts of thrust to reach orbit, but it will also improve craft handling in orbit, which will be handy for module-to-module docking in the future. We will also be adjusting RCS fuel tank size and working with the plugins a bit more, partially to improve realism, and partially because lower weights will change RCS performance.

3. Eventually, Kosmos will not just be space station parts. Cardboard has already mentioned our next project after the station parts are finished, the Angara series of rockets. Here\'s a picture:

513px-Angara_missiles.jpg

There\'s already been some work on the project, specifically, the main engine. I figure the first Angara parts will become available before the SSPP is fully complete. Beyond Angara, a few odds and ends are planned to fully outfit the packs into an all-purpose parts index, including Mun base equipment and deep-space Nerva-style engines.

I saw someone mention the need for a zip file for the pack. I\'ll go get on that.

That sounds awesome!

Now, if I could only get 0.14... Due to inept government and greedy banks in my country, it doesn\'t look like I\'ll be getting it anytime soon.