[Collection] Kosmos Spacecraft Design Bureau (SSPP 4.1 6/12/12)

Normak

ah good my social engineering trick worked. someone finally did the math. i am too lazy to do the math.

would you like to be put incharge of weights for kosmos pack :)

I would not match them to real scaled weights however i would come up with a kg per m^3 value and apply it to all parts based on their M^3.

what do you say? Pm me.

Yeah, balancing the weight would be great. It is very hard to insert the stations into orbit. Most of my rockets just simply fall into pieces on the launchpad. It is understandable, that you want to make the parts a bit heavier because the station assembly will be modular, but it would be neat to use these parts for spaceships as well.

Made the side mount rendezvous engines. They are slanted so they avoid the tapers thrust wise. They are also fully thrust vectorable. I used a trick from the durgun capsule to get them to mount flat but be slanted AND thrust vectorable :D what took me a day to figure out before took me an 10 minutes today.

screenshot14.png

screenshot15.png

screenshot16.png

screenshot17.png

When do you think the deployable solar arrays will be released? They\'re beautiful!

Those connectors look great. This seems to be more like an interplanetary spacecraft than a space station. I would like to suggest, that you guys should make some large fuel tanks and other 'spaceship' stuff for this pack when interplanetary flights will be possible.

Those connectors look great. This seems to be more like an interplanetary spacecraft than a space station. I would like to suggest, that you guys should make some large fuel tanks and other 'spaceship' stuff for this pack when interplanetary flights will be possible.

All planned but not for this release. And yeah there is not much difference between interplanetary ships and space stations :)

screenshot37.png

Maybe you can solve your RCS fuel problems by making a new part class for the VA\'s RCS tank and thrusters, such that they both use a different kind of fuel and the thrusters are not activated until staged.

Maybe you can solve your RCS fuel problems by making a new part class for the VA\'s RCS tank and thrusters, such that they both use a different kind of fuel and the thrusters are not activated until staged.

I have no idea how to do this. i asked the dll guy to do it but he had to go to sleep.

Seconded, these parts are kind of ridiculously dense. Although it\'s an interesting challenge to get these parts into orbit with reasonably sized rockets, they tend not to play well with others when I try to mix and match with other addons (or even stock parts).

Vat is dis? You vant glorious soviet engineering at low-low weight? Pah! Efficiency is for bourgeois capitalist pig-dogs and conservation of mass for reactionary traitors! In glorious Kosmos Space program you carry the added weight of the proletariat , for every launch carries the heart of our glorious motherland into the outer space!

i am well aware of what ablative means. but.. why would a radiator destroy itself to work? radiators are supposed to be actively disappating heat via that is what it is made for. not absorbing heat and blowing apart at the same time @__@

but yeah really trying to figure out how to solve thsi rcs in the pod issure. really close. but it seems I will have to wait to get some parts made lol.