101 Misson Ideas

Clockwork13

This is a thread to post all ideas about possible missions, for when you are wondering "what am I supposed to be doing right now?"

Feel free to post your own mission ideas. Here's mine:

1. Get an encounter with Jool without using any rockomax parts

2. Build a space station in orbit, then blow it up.

3. Get to space using liquid fuel, get into orbit only with RCS.

4. Escape Kerbin's SOI using only Ion Engines.

5. Make rocket-fireworks

6. Harness the kraken

7. Land on Minmus only with Ion Boosters

8. Land on Mun with only RCS

9. Set up a small colony on Laythe

10. Try to set a flag on Jool

I wonder if missions/contracts will be all about launching and sending our own ships, or we will encounter in space some ships game spawned itself before.. For example malfunctioning satellite that has to be repaired.

Is planting the flag on Jool with or without cheats, because my last craft to go into Jool blew up after it went 200+ meter through the "sea floor". With CHeats on I know I could get one to land no problem, but I was doing it without cheating.

Is planting the flag on Jool with or without cheats, because my last craft to go into Jool blew up after it went 200+ meter through the "sea floor". With CHeats on I know I could get one to land no problem, but I was doing it without cheating.

I've seen someone do it in a video.

3. Get to space using liquid fuel, get into orbit only with RCS.

Been there, done that. Entirely by accident, too.

My space station core consisted of 4 docking ports, a large RCS tank, solar panels, a Cupola module, 16 RCS blocks, and last but by far not least: a lab module. I had no rockomax parts, but persevered anyway. I got this huge hunk of metal to the edge of the atmosphere, but ran out of fuel. In panic, and regretting not putting parachutes on, I activated RCS and got my apoapsis to 70km with a periapsis of 68km (my current altitude). I waited out the long drift to 70KM, where I got it up to a 120km stable orbit where it currently remains. This is my best recovery of a failed mission to date.

^ Given the way I usually do launches, this wouldn't be too hard. I'd just need a lot more RCS thrusters than usual, but my workhorse launchers can handle that.

(I usually am going between 1800 and 2000 m/s before I turn off the engines and time-accelerate up to space - somewhere around 52km up)

I wonder if missions/contracts will be all about launching and sending our own ships, or we will encounter in space some ships game spawned itself before.. For example malfunctioning satellite that has to be repaired.

Rescue mission to assist another agency (nation) would be pretty cool.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.